*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:31:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: REMINDER: Deadline to qualify as active clan coming up!  (Read 5052 times)
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« on: December 05, 2005, 02:57:08 pm »

Crunch time folks Shocked  I just wanted to remind you all that you have until the 12th of December to qualify for each of the ladders your clan wishes to participate in.

In each TEAM ladder you have to play and submit at least 3cbs against 3 different clans within the first 3 weeks (deadline sunday 12th december), otherwise your clan will be removed from the related ladder"

The top 4 clans that have played at least 15 cbs/TEAM ladder throughout the season, qualify for the SuperFinals. If not enough clans meet the requirements the SuperFinals for this ladder will be cancelled."

Come on guys, lets get this show on the road.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 03:49:28 am »

damn, we're screwed Sad good luck in the superfinals boys and girls (assuming we have a superfinals this season).

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
cO.libre

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 04:51:07 am »

shitty rule being that there are only like -.7 clans that play anymore, but whatevs.

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
NiKLoT

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 04:58:40 am »

haha seems as the rvs ladder will go  on with like 3 or 4 clans Wink
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 06:27:31 am »

If you sign up for a ladder, then why not cb on that ladder? We're trying to encourage clans to actually play and not just sit on a ladder and do nothing....You only need to play 3 different clans per ladder before the 12th. My suggestion is for all those inactive clans to least give it a try and perhaps lets get all the clans together this weekend and go cb mad. Sniper Grin

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
||DeStrOyEr||

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 08:24:12 am »

we've already asked about 7-8 cbed... only dr accepted one.  wallbashing

*NeVeR StOp KiLLiNg YoUr EnEmIeS*   -DeSt
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 10:34:45 pm »

If you sign up for a ladder, then why not cb on that ladder? We're trying to encourage clans to actually play and not just sit on a ladder and do nothing....You only need to play 3 different clans per ladder before the 12th. My suggestion is for all those inactive clans to least give it a try and perhaps lets get all the clans together this weekend and go cb mad. Sniper Grin

that's all good and all... then you realize if you don't make the deadline you just wasted a ton of time trying anyways... or at least that's how I see it.

cO.libre

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 02:40:37 am »

the thing is that, tigah, this isn't season 8 anymore when you had 5,000,000 clands that were always cbing.
the games that people play on the ladders are slowly declining to nothing and therefore, people won't be cbing all the time.
most people have moved onto their normal lives and now there are no clans left.

if you are going to make a rule like this maybe you should consider the situation that the BL is in ..

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 05:53:35 am »

If I'm not mistaken I'de say their trying to change the BL activity... it's a nearly impossible task though.  And I highly doubt that telling clans they have a deadline to make or they're out of the ladder is the motivation clans need to be more active.

It's great that the admin team isn't giving up, but until a new worthwhile game comes out for mac I don't see the activity going up enough to bring back a real/full ladder.

<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 06:24:24 am »

the thing is that, tigah, this isn't season 8 anymore when you had 5,000,000 clands that were always cbing.
the games that people play on the ladders are slowly declining to nothing and therefore, people won't be cbing all the time.
most people have moved onto their normal lives and now there are no clans left.
if you are going to make a rule like this maybe you should consider the situation that the BL is in ..

And that's exactly why we are trying to give clans a little push in the right direction rather than let them sit on the ladders doing nothing. Perhaps if certain people weren't so negative and actually tried to help this community as well as the DBL with a more positive attitude, that might help. There's various reasons for clans taking time out and not cb'ing so much and you'll be surprised how many people got driven away by how this community acts towards one another. And yes some people took more interest in other aspects of their lives, but not necessarily because their lives got better, but moreso because this community got worse.

The DBL administration is trying as hard as possible to acommodate for the lack in activity and mixing it up a little to keep it fun, but it's truly like trying to please a bunch of babies sitting around the dinner table - everything we try to feed you guys, you spit in our faces with. I mean seriously, whatelse would you suggest to help increase the activity of this league? Or would you rather we not set these rules and let this low patch run it's course? Because if we do that, the community will simply loose focus, motivation and the will to keep this league alive and I'm afraid if we don't push you guys to cb, we're not doing our duty as admins. The "situation that the bl is in" indeed needs to be fixed and this is our solution - A small minimum requirement, which really is not a lot to ask. You want a league to clan battle in, then it's the whole community's responsibility to make it happen - the admins alone can't keep the wheel turning.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 02:32:31 am »

... this isn't season 8 anymore when you had 5,000,000 clans

Leen should know... I think he was in half of them.

I think the DBL should just take GhR off of life support and focus on new games... like AA. Yeah yeah... computer issues... yeah yeah it's overly complex... i've heard that. But you gotta face it, GhR is played out.

That's my helpful 2¢

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 04:02:58 pm »

I don't know why the DBL Admins are trying so hard to fix this problem, there's nothing to fix.  It's a lul in mac games in general, GhR is old, new games have too high of computer requirements for the majority of the population.

[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 09:48:27 pm »

I think Shade is right...  Its just a lull in MAc gaming in general.  If we want to fix this problem perhaps someone from the admin team could but together something on the Damn site where we can all individually fill out a form as supporters for GhR3 (i.e. willing to buy it from Aspyr before they even begin writing the code for it).  Perhaps if Damn were to colect say a thousand or so emails, addresses, and digital signatures and then send it to Aspyr, maybe they would start writing the code for the game.

I would be willing to shell out $50 right now if i knew the game would be ready in a year or so.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 12:04:48 am »

I think Shade is right...  Its just a lull in MAc gaming in general.  If we want to fix this problem perhaps someone from the admin team could but together something on the Damn site where we can all individually fill out a form as supporters for GhR3 (i.e. willing to buy it from Aspyr before they even begin writing the code for it).  Perhaps if Damn were to colect say a thousand or so emails, addresses, and digital signatures and then send it to Aspyr, maybe they would start writing the code for the game.

I would be willing to shell out $50 right now if i knew the game would be ready in a year or so.

I was just thinking that exact same thing before I read your post... Once I get my G5 I'll be willing to pay for GhR3 in a second.

c| King.of.Pop

The Thriller

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 07:22:28 am »

why would DAMN put this kind of pressure on clans.  c| wants to cb this season, but unfortunately we havent been around enough in the early days of the season to get in the qualifying cb's.  this will not promote more cb-ing.  now we cant cb at all cuz of this new rule.

silly

Grammy award winning killer...
c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 08:17:14 am »

I agree with the statement of Shade, Mac gaming as a whole is on the decline, at least via GR.  Look at the stats page on gameranger.com, the # of games played is down to the level it was almost a year and a half/two years ago.  I do not believe there is much the admin team can do to stop this, but that they are trying speaks volumes about their determination to the success of Mac gaming, and I think they deserve kudos from all of you, whether you agree with this new rule or not, for keeping the ship afloat as long as they have. 

To be more on topic, I can see both the plusses and negatives of having this rule, but in the end I believe it is a beneficial thing in this situation, since if a clan participates, but only with one CB, maybe two, they will not accrue enough points (sheep) to make much difference or make it into the finals at all.  As it is now, there are just the very few clans which still CB, and all the rest have the prepared response of "Sorry, we would if we had more people on."   This this is just my experience in trying to organize CBs, and I havent been in a CB in the last three seasons.

Good luck admins, in keeping the Mac gaming alive.

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005, 02:17:21 pm »

you have to play and submit at least 3cbs against 3 different clans within the first 3 weeks (deadline sunday 12th december)

oh wow... I thought you meant 3cb vs. 3 different clans to make a total of 9 cbs (maybe I'm just stupid, but to me it makes sense both ways)... maybe you should make this a little more clear by saying "you must cb 3 different clans before..."  I thought it meant you had to cb 3 seperate clans 3 times each up until yesterday when ferret corrected me.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2005, 04:14:22 pm »

Ups, no it is 3 cbs versus different clans. Just a stupid mistake - I just fixed it. Sorry about that confusion.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2005, 07:18:38 pm »

you have to play and submit at least 3cbs against 3 different clans within the first 3 weeks (deadline sunday 12th december)

oh wow... I thought you meant 3cb vs. 3 different clans to make a total of 9 cbs (maybe I'm just stupid, but to me it makes sense both ways)... maybe you should make this a little more clear by saying "you must cb 3 different clans before..."  I thought it meant you had to cb 3 seperate clans 3 times each up until yesterday when ferret corrected me.
me too for the longest time krush.[/size]

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Ein

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 12:01:39 am »

Well, to increase cb's or just activity in general(or even to guage how active a season might be), why not up the stakes? I think that Mr T suggested something similar before but why not require all players to pay $1 (or its equivalent). The winning clan wins the entire pot for that ladder to divide among their members. $1 is not much of a charge for an 8-10 week season of being able to cb. Also this might cause larger clans to break up and form smaller ones for 2 reasons: 1)smaller clan winning the pot=more money per individual clan member, and 2)clans will realize it costs them more as a clan to enter a clan of 10 people than it would to enter a clan of 6 people since each clanmember would cost $1.

I'm sure a lot of clans might not like a $1 charge to play for 10 weeks and in my oppinion, that will probably be the clans who don't plan on being to active. 1 dollar is not a lot to pay to increase activity and all it would take is settiong up paypal accounts. Instead of just sending a winner icon for the ladder, mauti (or the admin in charge of it) would also have to paypal over the ladders pot to the winning clan leader to divide up to their members.

Also, the 3 week registration period woukd be also the time players had to send in their $1 contribution. If they did not send in their money along with the GR I'd it was for, that player would be removed from the ladder and not allowed to compete.

I'm not against it but what do the rest of you think?

Ein
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads