*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:44:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR FFA cb issue: #3993  (Read 2519 times)
-ViP-PUNiSHER
« on: September 28, 2005, 05:32:59 am »

Ghost Recon FFA

I'm rejecting the FFA match on 9/27/05 due to horrible lag during the games.
The Match was played on Ghost Snipers host and the other players involved were, Vickedson, Jamo, Nazgul, and Brandon.
There was horrible lag to the point when I couldn't stop my guy from running and this was going on for the entire game.  It seemed like someone was downloading during the match or had a memory intensive application open.  I'm sure others who participated in this CB can confirm this bad lag.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 11:19:42 am by *DAMN Mauti » Logged
Jamo

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 05:43:23 am »

I confirm Punishers complaint about that game. In every game I had mobility problems, and found my self auto running and having to hit each directional key to stop. Many times my bullets would take a 2 second delay. GhostSniper won everygame, and obviosuly had no lag problems.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 05:45:52 am »

Punisher, it's just an FFA.  Sometimes you get some lag when you have 6 or 8 people in a solo sharpshooter game.  Nomad plays all the time with the lag because he's on a 56k connection in Canada.  It happens.  Not like it's a team game though.  After that game, I had bad lag on Jamo's host...I didn't complain, I just played.  Might just be that I'm in the area where Hurricane Katrina hit and they may not have everything at the cable company at 100% but it's no big deal.[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 05:47:24 am »

I confirm Punishers complaint about that game. In every game I had mobility problems, and found my self auto running and having to hit each directional key to stop. Many times my bullets would take a 2 second delay. GhostSniper won everygame, and obviosuly had no lag problems.

If I won every game, how did I end up in 2nd Place for the FFA?[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

Civrock

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 05:55:19 am »

Jamo and Punisher, didn't you play a lagtest round first (which you should ALWAYS do)? If not, why didn't you complain in or after the first game already if it was really this bad? Complaining about lag afterwards is really no reason to reject a CB or an FFA in this case.

And GS, that's because the people you won against are all lower ranked than you. This is how the scoring works, you get more points if you win rounds against higher ranked players, which Vickedson apparently did and therefore gained more points than you in this GhR FFA. And you got into 2nd place in round 2, therefore didn't win "every" game. Wink
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 05:57:55 am by Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Jamo

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 06:27:01 am »

Civic, no offense but we did complain after the first game, and we wanted to stop but he said we had to  just finish it, cause you could not switch hosts on a FFA. Ghost also stated that you can't do Lag Tests in FFA's, once on his server, and on my host. Explanation?  Huh
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 06:28:48 am by Jamo » Logged
Jamo

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 06:30:58 am »

...I had bad lag on Jamo's host...I didn't complain, I just played...[/size]

Notice how everyone said they had bad lag on your server, but only you say you got lag on mine.  Roll Eyes
Civrock

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 06:35:32 am »

Well, it's right that you can't simply stop or leave an FFA when it already started, just like a CB, but there's nothing preventing lagtests, logically. It's recommended for all games and ladders to make sure there's no bad lag, ping and bars in-game aren't reliable. Theoretically it's not disallowed to switch hosts in an FFA game either.

But besides, you should make an online speedtest, GS. To see if your connection is fully recovered yet, or if there's just bad roouting on the ISP side (possibly because of the hurricane).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 06:39:59 am by Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 10:12:33 am »

Rules II.1 page 9: clanbattle setup:

Before a CB begins, the first host can setup a Lag Test. A lag test isconsidered a warm up in  which a maximum of 2 games may be played with random teams. After these games are  finished, the host must ask if all players agree with the quality of the connection. If the players  do not agree, another member of their clan can replace the host.

So far about the comment you can't do a lagtest in FFA games. This counts for all cbs, including FFAs.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 01:27:39 pm »

I didn't say we "couldn't" do a lagtest in an FFA, I simply said we didn't have to.  We usually don't do them in FFA's simply because everyone is always in such a hurry to get to playing.  Then on the next match when we went to Jamo's host, he asked if we have to do a lagtest and I said "no", let's just get started.  Maybe everyone should start doing them in all FFA's, but in the past we really havn't been doing them.

P.S. Doesn't having one of the players on a 56k dial-up connection cause more lag in the game?  I believe one of the players in that match was on dial-up.
[/size]

cO.twist

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 01:47:14 pm »

this is why i don't do ffa's on GS's host anymore...it will lag the shit out of you if there is more than 3 people playing.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 01:48:27 pm »

Punisher and co, there seems to be no valid reason for this FFA to not be valid - your entitled to request a lag-test at the beginning of a FFA - but normally most players tend to jump in and get stuck into the important bit (playing). It appears there was a misunderstanding regarding the laggest etc, but if you were not 'denied' the lag test then there has been no breach of the rules.

- no having a 56k player in the room shouldn't affect or lag other players.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 03:57:38 pm »

this is why i don't do ffa's on GS's host anymore...it will lag the shit out of you if there is more than 3 people playing.

I am perfectly happy playing on someone else's host.  Do you know why I always host?  BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE IS EVER HOSTING!!!

Get on and host and I'll be there!

I'm getting kinda tired of people complaining about my host when I'm usually the only one on doing it.  I've only seen 2 other people host when I was on this season and I jumped into those FFA's because I just love to play.

cO.Vickedson

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2005, 04:27:03 pm »

I played with the lag everyone is talking about.  Won the second round, got 2nd place on two others, and third on the last map.

Now of course I would have won all four had there been no lag but I'm not complaining.  Shit happens...move on.  Bad sports are killing shit around here.

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
Ein

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2005, 04:57:31 pm »

Agreed... Get over it. I've played a few FFAs on GSs host. I experienced lag and joked about it in game... But I also accepted my loss in the FFA, even kicking myself for doing another when I knew what I was in for. But there was really no one else to kick but myself. Let me give you all a tip. If you have 5-7 players running around a small map like aztec, or better yet, dust....ITS GONNA LAG. Either accept it and accept your placing in the round or just don't play in games that big. But with the bigger risk of larger games comes larger point pay outs when you win. Your choice.

Oh and btw, I host FFA when I can but I'm not gonna guarantee that my server will lag any less with 6-8 players on aztec. (Well probably less than GSs... Hehe j/k)

Ein
Archon MkIV

f00.

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 12:02:53 am »

This is your own fault, Punisher, for not reading up on the rules. Same goes for Jamo.
Vermin

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2005, 12:11:40 am »

I must say I'm getting rather tired of the constsant bitching of clan =US= in these parts. Is all you do demand or refuse? You demand Phara to be banned from the *DBL because he supposedly glitched in a public game? You refuse to approve a bloody FFA because of lag issues you didn't even care to test before commencing the games? Hell, you've even claimed me to purposefully glitch.

It's getting rather far-fetched.
-ViP-PUNiSHER
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 01:51:47 am »

When 5 of 6 people in a FFA complain of lag, there must be a problem, and the lag didn't start until midway through the 1st game, it seemed like someones software update was running in the background or they were downloading.   And if you have a problem with our clan why do you even read our posts and get your nose in our buisness.  We're the most active team clan on here and without us 50% of the games that took place in the Ghr ladder would never have happened.  Don't give me the bullshit, its amazing z][t goes and CB's a clan (NSF) that has no players signed up for the *DBL league, and then they go and post the results knowing they aren't signed up, but hoping somehow they will let their wins count anyway.  The league breaks the rules for z][t and allows you to CB Tribe 3 strait times as long as you CB 2 other clans by a given date.  Getting rather far-fetched eh?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 02:00:05 am by =US=PUNiSHER » Logged
Tin

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005, 03:33:54 am »

When 5 of 6 people in a FFA complain of lag, there must be a problem, and the lag didn't start until midway through the 1st game, it seemed like someones software update was running in the background or they were downloading.

Yes, then there must be a problem, indeed.
But if it was really that bad you could have refused to continue playing on the FFA on GS host and anyways you have the possibilty to do a lag test before you start playing, its always easy to bitch afterwards.

Don't give me the bullshit, its amazing z][t goes and CB's a clan (NSF) that has no players signed up for the *DBL league, and then they go and post the results knowing they aren't signed up, but hoping somehow they will let their wins count anyway.

"rather far-fetched" suits ur hilarious comment well. This is such a vague supposition.
 Cant take criticism? In fact it seems you can't.

The league breaks the rules for z][t and allows you to CB Tribe 3 strait times as long as you CB 2 other clans by a given date. 

Like krush already said somewhere on the forums, its their veteran advantage. Wtf?
What the hell do you  accuse the DBL of? In ur opinion the DBL gives some clans the preference?

If I didnt know that you are serious about this, I would just laugh at you.

Tin
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 12:38:13 am by Tin » Logged
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 08:29:28 am »

yea, I was being sarcastic.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: