*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:29:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: hard to CB in season XI when evill BANS 5 tribes !!!!!!!  (Read 14313 times)
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2005, 12:00:11 am »

I get it... its the sheep scoring system, maybe you could all be lemmings as well and jump of the cliff together  wallbashing

its as simple as this...

they got caught using a work around, they got banned at evill's discretion, whatever. They knew what they were doing was wrong, if NF/KDX were ok to use as non prem, why do you need to use a workaround.

Yeah, it may suck, yeah you might not agree with it, but it happened.

Stripes, does it really matter how much he makes or doesnt make?, go ring the CEO of Sky TV and bitch about how much he/she earns, and why can't you have it cheaper, and the moan some more about how you might not like the layout of the menu system, and then wait to see if its changed just for you. And then using a hack, or whatever you want to call it to get more free channels, then you get caught and then fined...

Fine be mad, fine be pissed, be upset for members that got banned, but you KNEW what you were doing.

anyway, i will probably have 10 more replys by the time i wake up in the morning flaming me.

Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2005, 12:11:12 am »

I'm in no way gonna flame you, onwig - we all have opinions, But when you defend Evill then you have to defend him in ALL ways.

as like: When you send an email, about question a complain
or in fact anything - Then you get NOTHING.
Seriously, is that a good way to be? when people spend money on his work? then people want's improvements, maybe you don't and that's cool - you like to chat much, you can't ask for new features you got the commandbunker and i see you like it. I know for a fact that many Active players want's new features, new behavior from Evill else we can't enjoy our games and actually more detailed enjoy our time on GR together.

z][t-Stripes  Showing my ass

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2005, 12:29:19 am »

my renewal is coming up... i don't be doing it.

lemme complete the sentance there... I still play to much, i need to be doing everything i can to stop myself, and thanks to Saberian im kinda hooked on AA now anyway. maybe one day GhR 3 will role around... till then, im done.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2005, 12:31:40 am »

as like: When you send an email, about question a complain
or in fact anything - Then you get NOTHING.

Actually, I've gotten a fairly quick response from Scott every time I've e-mailed him about anything.  I can think of at least 5 times over the last 2 and a half years, and I received an e-mail back every time.  Maybe it's just that I've bought 25 people Premium accounts, I don't know.  But hey, I'm not complaining!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2005, 10:22:38 am »

This question goes for Mauti:

Since we're banned from GR this mean we can't compete in the DBL right?

For Dark:
It doesn't matter what the hell he fined tuned. The fact is, with a program like NF/KDX I can then talk to other people outside of the GR/MAC world. I have no problems PAYING THE 50 DOLLARS.

I do have a problem with Evill making the entire 50$ for me to be able to use another companies product... Here's the golden question......

How much is Haxial making off of me every year?

If he were to just give some money to Haxial... 20-25$ since i never used his voice chat feature and his ladder system stinks...

Imagine playing a 3 hour C&C game with some asshole (like baron smedi) to only have the host put "dispute the win" which does nothing but make you look like a troubled player...

Has he ever wondered about that hakf ass ladder system he has and why no one uses it?
Hey mauti, next time someone has a problem in your league, lets just make it so that they get a % over their dispute level. Admins are not needed.... Lets see how much longer the dbl or any ladder system will last...

He basically did this work, did it half assed, wonders why no one uses it, then goes ahead and ban users who use GR the most, knowing that he can make a quick 50$ for a blackmail stint.

I have seen people get away with murder in front of him. Racism remarks, terrorist names etc...

Here is another example.. What if Mauti added some really shitty mail function to the DBL. And everytime u wanted to use it, it would make your apple mail not work. On top of that,  if you use your apple mail you will be banned unless you pay Mauti 50$ a year. ALL OF A SUDDEN Mauti changes everything... yeah maybe it is his right to do so...  But is that smart? You think advertsiers don't do research before spending the money?

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15178

HAHA this version got 1 star, and now hes banning some of the most online who use his service most?

His time has come... Oh and leave a comment I'm sure gaming companies love to read that. especially when Scoty boy may be lobbying for some advertisers.

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Kangaroo

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2005, 11:09:17 am »

ROFLMAO eight the 1 star is based on the large group of people who have commented and actually given a star rating on this version which is the grand total of "1".
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2005, 11:12:42 am »

This question goes for Mauti:

Since we're banned from GR this mean we can't compete in the DBL right?

No, you are allowed to play anytime if you get a cb going, because you are still a GameRanger operating clan, this rule has just been added so that not a PC clans that plays tons of other, maybe even selfmade, PC clans and we can't oberserve if those players really exist and in the case of an issue we have a chatplace to talk with them.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2005, 11:21:51 am »

I do have a problem with Evill making the entire 50$ for me to be able to use another companies product...

Exactly. This is where Evill is abusing his "power". This is why he needs to be punished. This is what he needs to remove from his unwritten ruleset. Or maybe next time he needs money, he will ban people for using Photoshop?

Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2005, 11:23:57 am »

if you all think its so god damn cheap, and so stupid application.
And the admin is nothing but a jerk. Then ffs make your own application, try to maintain a community of atleast 15000 active users. Have a disease on your hands, still create new features and not going bankrupt at the same time.

Just look at GameScouter, what happend to it ? It disapeared.
Triage Software's "iGame" what happend to it ? It never got released.

I really want to see you "people" manage to do a application with the same standard as GameRanger has, have the same amount of games GameRanger has and still don't go under.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 11:26:50 am by Ethion » Logged

z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2005, 11:28:00 am »

The application is not stupid or cheap, but the admin is acting as a jerk atm.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 11:32:51 am by z][t-Magnetic » Logged

Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2005, 11:35:41 am »

The application is not stupid or cheap, but the admin is acting as a jerk atm.

Then it stills comes down to, do you think you could do a better job as an admin over 15000 active users, and still try to earn money?

z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2005, 11:37:00 am »

Then it stills comes down to, do you think you could do a better job as an admin over 15000 active users, and still try to earn money?

I don’t say that anywhere, and you know it. Stop busting my balls? I just say his ethics are to be questioned.

Kangaroo

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2005, 11:37:12 am »

if you all think its so god damn cheap, and so stupid application.
And the admin is nothing but a jerk. Then ffs make your own application, try to maintain a community of atleast 15000 active users. Have a disease on your hands, still create new features and not going bankrupt at the same time.

Just look at GameScouter, what happend to it ? It disapeared.
Triage Software's "iGame" what happend to it ? It never got released.

I really want to see you "people" manage to do a application with the same standard as GameRanger has, have the same amount of games GameRanger has and still don't go under.

Couldnt have said it better Ethion 
 clapping hands
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2005, 11:41:51 am »

I also don't understand how you can defend Evill here!

However everyone should have already complaint when he started to block Netfone, and not afterwards.

I think it's plain wrong to forbid other paid applications to increase his customer base...Usually you should persuade customer because of better quality and/or features, but this is just a bad form of blackmailing the customer. Requiring a toll to use other cool game tools...

And Eight or whoever posted it is that far away: what comes next? The BF Demo is already only allowed to premium users - A deal between Aspyr and Evill. So next time only premium users are allowed to use mods, or what!? Even if I can understand the motives there better, because people started to integrate mods into the demo...

since 13th June 2000
Civrock

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2005, 11:48:32 am »

Bringing up the old NF discussion (which was not nice maybe, sure, but completely legal) is besides the point, it's just a try to distract because why they were banned is totally justified. You can compare it with using a No-CD crack for a game without owning it legally, and getting caught doing so. And anyways... 99% of the people pirated NF and KDX, that's a known fact.

The point of removing the BF1942 Demo has nothing to do with Premium. The intention was not at all to push Premium, it was to push the sales of the full game. It was simply overplayed, big time, without the intention of purchasing the full game, after having "tested" the demo daily, for months, by hundreds of people. Aspyr then decided to do something about it, they even wanted to remove it from the internet (GameRanger) completely. Evill simply agreed with them to still give Premium users the chance to play it and/or try the BF1942 demo. People still have the Single-Player Demo of BF1942 available to test it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 11:53:11 am by Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2005, 11:57:18 am »

I still don't see where it is totally justified! I don't know how the work around works but I guess GameRanger hasn't been altered in any way to make NF work, which would be clearly  against the TOS, otherwise I was reading again the TOS that is in my GameRanger folder and couldn't find any information about limitations of using other applications while running GameRanger.

And if you read me correct, you would know that the old NF discussion isn't beside the point:

I mentioned it in the way that they should have complaint before, when the limitation was added not yet afterwards where they are banned, which of course leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Civrock

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2005, 12:04:04 pm »

It's not about the old NF discussion. They did complain before, and continued to use GameRanger, and KNEW that it wasn't permitted for non-Premiums. They knowingly disregarded it by using a workaround to make it possible (comparable with an illegal no-CD crack/hack, as I said), got caught and punished for that, nothing else. It's also in the ToS that other voicechat applications may not be compatible with GameRanger.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 12:05:47 pm by Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2005, 12:10:43 pm »

I must be missing something.

2 years ago evill implemented the fact the free version of GR doesnt work with KDX/NF, we all had arguments about it, there was a thread that went to something like 9 pages. Even after this there were more threads on different forums about it. It got accepted, some didnt like it, some were not bothered about it.

All the people on this forum knew about it, the people that got banned knew about this, they knew they were using a workaround that let the free version of GR work. Call it a hack, call it what you like, you were doing something that you were not supposed to be doing. I could take pity on people more if they were newbs to GR and then found out about it. But the people banned were simply not newbs.

So, ok.. he could have handed a lesser sentence out, he could have given you a 30 min 30 day 60 day ban, it's up to him, its his business, you were bypassing it.

I still can't understand why people are defending it  wallbashing

fine, we have lost some nice people, and my clan leader being one of them.

All the time its, "why doesnt he do this", and "why doesnt he do that", just sit down for a second and think to yourselfs... why should he?, all everyone does is bitch all the time when he does something.

The fact that he is online allows people to bitch at him, and send him abuse by email, rate his product badly on another website (which i think is the lowest of the low).

Business ethics...

He still lets people play everyday for free, he doesnt force prem on people. You have a choice
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2005, 12:15:42 pm »

He better should update the users tos with every new GameRanger update, mine doesn't have this line in it, but it's probably only outdated.

Onwig, you better should see this is an exchange of opinions not a discussion, because no one will move away from his point of view.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 12:17:15 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

since 13th June 2000
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2005, 12:22:46 pm »

eh?, how is this not a discussion? and they are my opinions

and btw, its not in the tos, i didnt ever say it was in the tos.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads