*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:22:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: hard to CB in season XI when evill BANS 5 tribes !!!!!!!  (Read 14316 times)
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2005, 06:25:54 am »

I think it’s very obvious that those guys who defend Gameranger so blindly are the ones who would die if Gameranger was not here anymore. Those guys who would have to spend time with their wives, boyfriends,dogs or whatever if Gameranger was not here. Those guys who refuse to even try to see anything wrong.

heh, sniping at people now?, the difference in this whole thread mag, is that people were doing something they should'nt have been. They knew it.

Defending something you like is no biggie, and yes, i would be a bit lost for time on a nightime if GR were to go, just as much as if my wife's favourite TV show's were taken of air, she would miss them.
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2005, 06:27:12 am »

Yes, I don't have a life, that's why I am on this forum 24/7.

I know, but thanks for saying it.

We all user GameRanger either when we are bored, or when we are going to play a game.
That's the point. Then it's to up to person what to do with their lifes.

z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2005, 06:30:33 am »

heh, sniping at people now?, the difference in this whole thread mag, is that people were doing something they should'nt have been. They knew it.

Defending something you like is no biggie, and yes, i would be a bit lost for time on a nightime if GR were to go, just as much as if my wife's favourite TV show's were taken of air, she would miss them.

The difference in this thread is that one side talks about the fact that some guys did something that was illegal (which it was, and I don’t think anyone disagrees), the other side however is NOT talking about that fact. That side is talking about the fact that this "rule" is to be questioned. So we are kinda speaking about two different subjects imo.

Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2005, 06:31:53 am »

The difference in this thread is that one side talks about the fact that some guys did something that was illegal (which it was, and I don’t think anyone disagrees), the other side however is NOT talking about that fact. That side is talking about the fact that this "rule" is to be questioned. So we are kinda speaking about two different subjects imo.

You're half right, it's still about the same subject, premium/voice and Evill.
Aka GameRanger in general,

onwig

geeza!

« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2005, 06:34:00 am »

eh?, so now its a debate on something that was debated over two years ago?, and people are getting all pissy again?, talk about a broken record.

Maybe i am not fully understanding your point
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2005, 06:36:26 am »

Yes it’s the same debate, broken or not. Evill just revived it.

Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2005, 06:47:07 am »

He might have banned them from the service, but it's more the users who revived the issue again.
Evill is just a keyfactor.

z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2005, 06:57:36 am »

Wasn’t that exactly what I said?

Evill is the keyfactor = he revived it.
Of course it’s the users who are debating, since Evill apparently doesn’t want to take part.

onwig

geeza!

« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2005, 07:03:36 am »

haha, who revived it?, so you are now blaming evill for people using a workaround to bypass his service?
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2005, 07:05:57 am »

Wasn’t that exactly what I said?

Evill is the keyfactor = he revived it.
Of course it’s the users who are debating, since Evill apparently doesn’t want to take part.

No, he isn't the keyfactor in the matter, is an keyfactor. The users who used the workaround int he beginning of the game is the keyfactor, they made him ban them for his reason.

He knows what is happening allright, but he maybe doesn't want to take part in this discussion on this forum. Evill comments on it in the command and bunker chat, it might not be a lot. But he does comment on this.

Kangaroo

« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2005, 07:24:07 am »

If you want the to talk about what you refer to as the facts then please show me in "Australian Laws" showing references to these laws of what Evill is doing that is illegal. If you can not do this then you have "NO" arguement and everything you have argued is factless and baseless. And please show me facts and not speculaton that GR is spyware.

Awaiting your response....
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2005, 07:29:44 am »

Evill is just a keyfactor.

No, he isn't the keyfactor in the matter, is an keyfactor.

You lost me. Good job. I will keep quiet now.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2005, 07:50:30 am »

No i think everyone has had enough, this isn't going anywhere, some of us will continue to be unhappy with Evills actions, others will not. As Mauti pointed out before, nobodies going to change anyone else's view, and this is becoming a seriously hot flame topic.

i don't want to lock this but cool it down, if things don't inprove a bit then discussion closed.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2005, 07:54:45 am »

Rgr that honey.  Wink

ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2005, 09:12:42 am »

ps: ethion i dont see ur sources !!?? ;-)

1. Evill, yes you can apparently learn from that guy. Amazing isn't it?

2. Common sense

3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address

4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware

Want more?

No i dont want more but if u need sources each time there is a quote, this is going to be boring!!!!

haha, who revived it?, so you are now blaming evill for people using a workaround to bypass his service?

We are not bypassing is service just correcting a bug in his service !!!

- merged posts
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 09:20:26 am by BFG » Logged
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2005, 03:17:41 pm »

ps: ethion i dont see ur sources !!?? ;-)

1. Evill, yes you can apparently learn from that guy. Amazing isn't it?

2. Common sense

3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address

4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware

Want more?

No i dont want more but if u need sources each time there is a quote, this is going to be boring!!!!

The thing is, you didn't really quote it correctly. That's why it got messed up.

ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2005, 03:51:29 pm »

anyone knows why "ONLYMORTAL" stoped his development would be nice to use it again or develope it with DAMN, i would pay for a gameranger look a like that take care of clans managment and ladders and stats and i would use my own voice app !!! i'll pay 15/20 $ a year for it and maybe 5$ to register a clan (once)
maybe 5$ to register a season!!! maybe ;-)

http://homepage.mac.com/only_mortal/
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2005, 04:42:22 pm »

You know that the application only supports Quake and UT engines?

Ein

« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2005, 06:17:44 pm »

This information was found at http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/259608/fromItemId/6106  which is a site by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. It discusses ant-competitive conduct and restrictive trade practices that I think this whole situation might fall into.

Types of anti-competitive conduct

Part IV of the Trade Practices Act (see Link to the Act in Related documents box) covers anti-competitive practices that limit or stop competition. It fosters the competitive environment necessary to give consumers a choice in price, quality and service. It prohibits commercial conduct that substantially lessens competition in a market, as a lack of competition might allow some traders to push prices up and lower the quality of the goods and services they offer to consumers.

Some anti-competitive conduct is prohibited outright (e.g. price fixing), while other types are prohibited only if they substantially lessen competition. A substantial lessening of competition is apparent when the ability of buyers to shop around for a deal that suits them is significantly diminished.

There are some circumstances in which a refusal to supply is unlawful under the Act. These include a misuse of market power, third line forcing, boycotts, resale price maintenance, and placing limitations on resellers. Further information on these restrictive trade practices can be found in the ACCC publications, Refusal to deal, Summary of the Trade Practices Act, and Small business and the Trade Practices Act (see Unfair business practices publications in Related topics). Also see the Related topics, Resale price maintenance and Problems obtaining supply.

If conduct falls into one of these illegal categories, then the business or individual affected can take their own court action or complain to the ACCC. When considering whether to take action, the Commission must give prime importance to promoting competition in the particular market as a whole. It will look at all relevant information, including matters that may not be directly related to the complaint.

Full line forcing
Full line forcing involves a supplier refusing to supply goods or a service unless the intending purchaser agrees not to:

buy goods of a particular kind or description from a competitor
resupply goods of a particular kind or description acquired from a competitor
resupply goods of a particular kind acquired from the company to a particular place or classes of places.
However, for a full line forcing arrangement to contravene the Trade Practices Act it must have the effect of substantially lessening competition in the relevant market.

Ein
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2005, 06:41:13 pm »

Anyone who keeps any personal information that they worry about keeping private on their home computer is an idiot.

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads