*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:55:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  AA 2.5
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AA 2.5  (Read 23282 times)
BTs_hooks

« on: May 14, 2005, 11:28:09 pm »

i dont know if any of u guys have noticed but the number of officall servers in AA has dropped alot. this is because they have gone to beta testing version 2.4 which is based off a different engine. the unreal 3 engine the same one used to make Ut04. what does this mean, it means that we will be able to drive tanks and shit. now i know this engine is compatible with the mac, but i dont know if they will release these together? anyone have any insite on this

hooks

Changed title to AA 2.5. - Civic
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 11:01:41 pm by Civic » Logged
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 11:31:30 pm »

This is UE2(004)not UE3(2006/7). Besides that, I would expect IMG to have a report once it gets close to release, they have good connections with the AA porting guys.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 04:03:36 am »

This link will tell you everything you need to know about 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 and beyond...and much much more.  clapping hands

http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=79389

I especially like this quote from one of the devs.

Hacking & Cheating
[Dev]skyhuntr wrote:
To the Player Community:
Devs at AAPA & AAGA are currently working this issue. I am privy to the efforts going on behind the scenes and they are extensive. We expect that you will see the results of these efforts soon.
In the meantime, please follow the procedures described in this forum to report known or suspected problems. They will be dealt with accordingly.
Hang in there, please be patient for a little while longer...the CAV is on the way.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 04:05:49 am by .vooDoo. » Logged

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 04:58:07 am »

Excellent. A shame they are taking so long to use the UE2.5 engine.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 04:11:26 pm »

An email I just recieved from aaotracker.de

Dear -a2-voodoo,

As you may already know, the release of version 2.4.0 of America's Army: Special Forces (Q-Course) is imminent. The moment the U.S. Army gives the word to make it available to the public, you will be able to download it from this link at http://xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.xxx. There will be no waiting line or speed limits! Other downloadmirrors can be found on http://americasarmy.com.

We will post it in our news on http://aaotracker.com after it got officially released by the U.S. Army and make the download available for the public. Probably release date could be 1200 PST on Monday, May 16, 2005. But this was not confirmed by the army or devs! Just rumors !!!
This time there will be only a new full-version with a filesize of ~855 Megabytes because the game got upgraded to the Unreal 2.5 Engine. This updated engine code base provides several enhancements to the game engine in several areas, including efficiency (optimizations), security, stability, bug fixes, new gameplay feature infrastructure, etc.
Also four new Maps, new weapons and some other interesting stuff was added to the newest Version of the America's Army Game.

With the new 2.4.0 version of America's Army there will also be a change on our Stats-Tracking service, which you are probably using as an registered Member of our website. With the new version it will be required that you add the "PunkBuster GUID Number" in your Tracker Account Settings. This GUID inside PunkBuster is used to identify players on gameservers with something more solid than their playing name or IP address.
As already said this PunkBuster GUID will be required in the near future to get your statistics tracked on our website.

Q: How to add it to my tracker settings?
A: After logging in on our website (http://aaotracker.com) you have to click on the User-CP Button and then on the Tracker-Control Panel button. Under the username there is a field where you can enter the PB GUID Number. We will also add a link there in the near future with a detailed tutorial how to find your PB GUID. You can get your PB GUID Number by entering "pb_myguid" into the console on a PB enabled Server, but as already said: we will create a tutorial and post it in our website news on a more detailed way so that everyone knows what to do!

But we have time for this! The next 4 weeks it will not be required and you will also get tracked without this GUID. Now we will wait for the 2.4.0 release and see what happens Wink

Have a great time and happy downloading!

- The ArmyOps Tracker Team

I cant wait for this update. I also think they implemented the new anti-cheat software.

Hooah!!!

Adult Gamers Alliance
BTs_GhostSniper
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 04:26:55 pm »

I wonder what kind of delay the Macintosh Gaming community will see in getting this release.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 09:19:41 pm »

They say shortly.

John Lennon
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 12:01:34 am »

IMG contacted Epic's Ryan Gordon, who maintains the Mac version of America's Army, about the Mac version of 2.4. Gordon says that he is currently working on the new update and should be available shortly.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 04:52:56 am »

Just downloaded 2.4. Ill let you all know how it is. I hear good and bad.

Adult Gamers Alliance
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 07:02:42 pm »

so this means we cant play AA at the moment ehh?

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 08:35:16 pm »

so this means we cant play AA at the moment ehh?

No, Mac users can still play 2.3 just not on official servers so you wont gain honor. I read that the Mac version will be out very shortly and wont encounter the same problems you guys saw with the previous versioin releases.

As far as the new engine and Maps. Played only 30 minutes last night.

1). Mac users will probably get a huge hit in the FPS area unless using 2.0+ G5's. I know Typhy has a 1.6ghz G4 powerbook and gets leet pwnage fps like 200 or something with all settings on highest and detailed shadows. Roll Eyes If your like myself and live in reality I play on a 2.4ghz P4 with all settings maxed out and went from 50fps solid to 20fps on the new maps. Be prepared to throdle back some of those settings. I assure you that playing on normal settings really wont afect the look of the game.(wub ya T)

2). Get ready for a completly new interface with the game settings and etc...For me it is a welcomed change. Also you get more stats availible after a round ends.

3). Old maps look the same but the gameplay is a little different and you have to learn to shoot again with more sensitive recoils.

4). Ill post more later once I play a little more, but I can say I really dont have any complaints at all about the new maps and engine.

Adult Gamers Alliance
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 09:18:24 pm »

The CPU (Not that a 2.4 P4 is saying much) is hardly relevant, what graphics card are you using.

John Lennon
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 09:42:48 pm »

I know Typhy has a 1.6ghz G4 powerbook and gets leet pwnage fps like 200 or something with all settings on highest and detailed shadows.

Should that have been 200 or was it a typo with a missing . that should have been 2.00 fps?!!

.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 12:45:37 am »

It was sarcasim...just me poking fun at typhy for always saying he gets like 100 fps in AA on his little G4 powerbook. Just a private joke, and I like calling him on it all the time. No harm.

Adult Gamers Alliance
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 12:51:20 am »

ah lol, allrighty i was just panicing given my DP G4 struggles like hell with AA (or so it feels sometimes) despite bin loads of ram and a top notch graphics card... i was going to ask what the secret was Wink

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2005, 01:26:19 am »

It was sarcasim...just me poking fun at typhy for always saying he gets like 100 fps in AA on his little G4 powerbook. Just a private joke, and I like calling him on it all the time. No harm.

: Cruel smile :, I love the fact that my little mac gets better framerates than Vood's PC.

I hate AA, but it runs phenominal. I can knock down 60 FPS just about everywhere with max settings. My graphics settings have absolutely no effect on performance, I can crank them way down and get the same framerates.

Maybe it's just luck - Apple cheated me out of 3,000 bucks, they'd better at least have given me a decent computer. Or possibly it has to do with the fact that I've got more RAM, a faster processor and an equally powerful graphics card? Wink  Wub ya, Voods

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2005, 11:10:13 am »

What the hell!??! OK typhy gimme the full specs of your set up and what settings and res your playing AA at mate, because sure as hell it sounds like that laptop is spanking my tower!  Angry

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2005, 01:24:07 pm »

Your 500 tower?

John Lennon
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2005, 03:11:00 pm »

My Quicksilver 1Ghz DP G4 with Gig ram and a Radeon 9800Pro 128mb card...   Sad

th.Sentinel

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2005, 05:43:02 pm »

Heh how the *** do you get 60 fps avarage, I get an avarage of 45 fps on almost all the maps except on hospital and insurgent camp there it sometimes drops to 15...

And I got a 2x 2ghz G5 with an ATI Radeon 9600 64 Mb and 1,5 Gb of RAM.
The only thing affecting my fps is my screen resolution which is on 1280x1024 cause I like it that way.

(I know my graphics card isn't that fast either but it should be able to beat a pb graphicscard.)

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads