*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:20:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  AA Producer threatens cheaters
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AA Producer threatens cheaters  (Read 1759 times)
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: January 14, 2005, 07:00:11 pm »

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/579/579289p1.html

Hack America's Army; Get Taken Out. Literally

January 12, 2005 - Phil DeLuca, Executive Producer of America's Army posted on the official forums warning hackers to stay away from the US Army's online war game:
By the way, there's something to consider in that statement that gets missed time and again: we took notice. By we, I mean the entire AA team. That includes Public Applications, Government Applications, Ignited Minds, everyone associated with the development of the project - and the United States Army.

That last fact should give some of the bad guys pause, and yet it hasn't. Some of you (and clearly the bad guys are among them) don't always remember that this game, and all accounts and derivative products, are the property of the United States Army. When you tamper with the game, not only are you breaking the EULA you're misusing Army property - and, worse, you're misusing US Army computer programs and equipment.

Tampering with software and servers owned or used by the Army is cyber crime.

In the early 1940's, Japan learned an important lesson - "let the sleeping giant lie." We may not react swiftly, but when we do it's with unstoppable force. The Army has partners that deal with cyber crime as a matter of course. These include not just various Army IT departments, but also the Department of Justice, the Secret Service, and the Federal Bureau of Investigations.

It's going to get uncomfortable for some of the bad guys, but you know what? They brought it on themselves. Knowing this anyone who continues to be bad is just plain foolish. Keep trying, though. Sooner or later the bad guy will realize we've known about him for a while... and by then it's too late.

Allow me to speak directly to the bad guys for a moment: When you get banned, know that we know and have records showing you were doing something that's a violation of terms of service, breaks your EULA, and also happens to be against the law. We know who you are, and can track down where you play from. We have incontrovertible proof you did something illegal. The Army is angry, and we're coming for you.

I can't wait until they start sending the Military Police to people's houses on CNN showing the arrests. Thanks Slashdot.

-- Robert 'Apache' Howarth

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
SanitarySal
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 07:09:14 pm »

Wow, that is pretty lame.   Someone needs to tell those idiots at the Army that is is just a game.   Besides what are they gonna do kick down doors of a 14 year old and make him do time in Leavenworth? 

Just what I my tax dollars spent on....prosecuting teenage video game hackers, video game!

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 12:05:53 am »

Wow, that is pretty lame.   Someone needs to tell those idiots at the Army that is is just a game.   Besides what are they gonna do kick down doors of a 14 year old and make him do time in Leavenworth? 

Just what I my tax dollars spent on....prosecuting teenage video game hackers, video game!

Okay, It's time I ask.  Who are you?  What branch of the military did you serve in?  When did you serve?  Don't tell me your name, but I'd like a little more perspective on your military career.  You said you were in Iraq in 2003....were you there in a military or civilian capacity?

Enquirering minds want to know.
[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 05:09:22 am »

At this point, I don't give a fuck about cheaters in AA. Why? Because there are hardly any in 2.1, and until Gamespy pulls its head out of its fucking ass, I guess I'm going to be stuck with the cheat-free version.

Well fuck you Gamespy! I want the cheater's version...

And then maybe I'll care about whether or not the FBI starts breaking down some doors of 14 year-olds.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 05:10:52 am »

I don't see what's wrong with cracking down on these "bad people."

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
SanitarySal
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 02:07:48 am »

Ghostsniper,I have noticed something about your posts.   You always change the subject.  Stay on track.

The SUBJECT IS AA's new approach to cheaters.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 02:35:43 am »

Ghostsniper,I have noticed something about your posts.   You always change the subject.  Stay on track.

The SUBJECT IS AA's new approach to cheaters.

Right, and I don't have a problem with AA's approach to cheaters.  They can track them down, tar and feather them, and then execute them for all I care.  I just wanted to know about you on a side note...just pm me the information if you don't want it public.[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads