*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 04:36:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN
| | |-+  Suggestions, opinions, criticisms,.. (Moderators: *DAMN Mauti, jn.loudnotes, BFG, Civrock)
| | | |-+  Signature Images
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Signature Images  (Read 5554 times)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2004, 03:37:42 pm »

Who wants to look at someone sig picture?

Especially when 99% of sig pictures i have seen are just pictures of the persons tag / their tag and a message saying how great they are....

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
bronto
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2004, 11:18:05 pm »

i just told you, it adds some color to the boards, makes it more fun. it adds another level of interest, weather you see it that way or not, i'm not the only person who does. and you will have a choice, that's what mauti is saying. why are you so keen to avoid a few clicks of the mouse and to make this forum remain less interesting then it could be for those who want it to be?

mauti is this no sigs button going to be for all sigs on the forum, or each individual sig?
so why not?

Why?

Who wants to look at someone sig picture? If you've got a picture you really want people to see, link them. Give them a choice.
jn.loudnotes
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2004, 09:26:54 pm »

bronto, let me be more clear - several people have commented saying that they don't think the tags add color or interest to the board; rather, they waste bandwidth and distract from the text.

Are you so keen to avoid a few clicks of the mouse that you can't click on a link from a signature to the image, or so keen to avoid typing [img] that you can't view images within a post?

One image (the "avatar") is enough...if you want more on individual posts, add them, or link to them from your signature.

< insert clever and original signature here >
bronto
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2004, 09:46:44 pm »

it's not a waste of bandwidth if it's hosted on external sites. and if your poor eyes can't divert themselves, you turn off signature images. if you really want me to, i'll do the [img] tag after every single post from now on, and then you'll be begging for a button to turn it off. it already is clear.
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2004, 01:20:41 am »

it's not a waste of bandwidth if it's hosted on external sites. and if your poor eyes can't divert themselves, you turn off signature images. if you really want me to, i'll do the [img] tag after every single post from now on, and then you'll be begging for a button to turn it off. it already is clear.

You're dodging the bulk of the question.

Why the fuck do you need a picture at all?

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2004, 01:11:34 pm »

Bronto i guess it might be different if hundreds of guys were clammering to see images on every single post which said things along the lines of "our clan is the best" or "i am the best" or some other witty comment... but there dossn't exactly seem to be a overwhelming request for it by people.

The 'picture threads' like the one about peoples desks are obviously popular - its a nice change and people obviously like to share their pics etc - it adds a bit of diversity and color yes and im all for it Smiley  but i don't see why we need people putting signiture images on as well, it just slows things down for everyone else - ok so everyone can go turn them off, but why why have to get the thousands of people who don't wnat to see them have to go turn them off when they are in effect ' turned off ' allready..

like loudnotes pointed out, there seems to have been a lot more reaction for keeping sig pics off the forums than adding them to the forums...

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads