*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 06:30:45 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  AA and drviable vehicals. Next year.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AA and drviable vehicals. Next year.  (Read 1066 times)
l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« on: June 08, 2004, 08:18:02 pm »

[Dev]nXain

The fully functional Stryker will not make its debut until sometime in the future (most likely after release 2.3.) Release 2.2, which is scheduled to come out later this year, will continue building on the Special Forces theme.

"Overmatch" (release 2.3), which is slated to be released next year, will be the first "America's Army" release to include player drivable vehicles, heavy weapons, and AI. It will be a substantial enlargement to the current game play. It will also continue to deliver the high level of game play realism that has become "America's Army" signature in the gaming world.

It's an understatement to say that there is major new development effort going into the "Americas Army Platform" (the name for the combined technology used for gaming and simulation.) The game will see a substantial amount of new features and game play rolled into it in the future via many releases. I look forward to being able to say more to the AA community as development moves forward this year. There's a lot of great stuff on the drawing boards to be excited about!

James Cowgill
Lead Designer, AA-Gov Applications

I think it will be a very interesting game. But there will probably be a lot of competition for AA next year.

From what I hear the AI will be for coop missions with the drivable vehicle's. So that will bring in a new gameplay to the field.

Ross
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 08:44:36 pm »

All depending on whether they continue to support this Platform that is... I guess as a Mac beta tester you couldnt say if you knew anythining not yet in the public domain eh ross?  

Sounds good though. Dont think they will take the spotlight of games like HL though!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 09:15:39 pm »

http://aaotracker.4players.de/

Sorry I forgot to post the link.

Right now no beta tester I know knows a damn thing about this update. Wish we did but we don't. Don't even know what will be in 2.2 Sad

So just as much in the dark as everyone else.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 10:18:08 pm »

Bummer Sad how about any idea when when 2.2 might hit the dirt?

I gotta say 2.1 has been growing and growing on me. Maps like hospital and CSAR are so much more enjoyable with less nades.

the balence of the AR just seems a bit wacky though.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads