*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:29:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *DAMN BL FFA Ladders: Problems / Bug Reports  (Read 4382 times)
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: May 06, 2004, 11:47:35 pm »

hey guys,

if anyone discovers a bug or has any problem with the new *DAMN BL FFA Ladders... post it here in this thread! Smiley

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 04:59:12 am »

Everyone in my match confirmed, and the match stayed stagnant. They asked me to confirm manually, which I did. Is this a repeat of the 1v1 probs of last season?

BTW, shouldn't there be a way to tell who won? I finished with a lot more kills, but GS got the win due to winning the same number of matches and having a name earlier in the alphabet. No big deal, but for bookkeeping...

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 03:30:22 pm »

Also ara on that CB - Am i right in thinking it should so Wickedson participated - the ladder currently shows as if the FFA had only three people, GS, you, and Ein - the ladder does not seem to Accept [01]Wickedson Participated?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 04:51:00 pm »

I already contacted Elandrion about this issues. Except the confirm bug. Well he will read this thread.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 05:26:44 pm »

Well, wick is shown with 6 points, but that column is still grey... I'm not sure what to think.

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 06:31:57 pm »

i'm looking into it.

Elan

UPDATE: Should be working now.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 08:15:30 pm by *DAMN Elandrion » Logged

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
Ssickboy

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 01:08:46 am »

Hey nice work with the new ladders!  This FFA ladder seems very similar to splinter's original FFA ladder set-up.  I know awhile back you guys all spoke about incorperating it into the damn BL, but I didn't see any credit or thanks to splinter.  I know he put a lot of time and effort tweaking it into a working format.  Would be unfortunate if all his hard work was looked over.  

-ssick

Retire Bush
Ein

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 05:39:06 am »

question about the scoring and ranking in GhR FFA ladder... How does the point system work in regards to ranking. I notice I have more points than those ranked higher in the ladder. Is this a scripting error or is there something Im missing?

Ein
GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 07:47:53 am »

THANK YOU SPLINTER FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION.
YOUR TIRELESS EFFORT SHOULD BE REWARDED.
HOW BOUT A MOD SPOT.
[/b]
[/color] Cheesy

GEN BILLY
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2004, 06:15:18 pm »

Hmm... Seems the points system works here on the GR FFA Ladder, but it doesn't seem to be counting the Number of 1st's, 2nd's, and 3rd's correctly.

Any word on this Elan?

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2004, 09:02:56 pm »

I'll give you an example:

In the first RvS FFA Match (match #2325), both Ara and Ghost got 26 points, and both Wicked and Ein got 6 pts. So, because we don't count the kills they do, Ara and Ghost share the 1st place, and Wicked and Ein share the 3rd place on this match. That way, noone has a disadvantage because of sorting issues.

Later, I'll put some more stats on the "show cb" page, so everyone can check how many points he got.

Elandrion

PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 08:42:51 pm »

I remember a rule from the ffa from splinter but I dont see it here.
When someone kills himself that was taken off his total kills or something
Because I hate it when you get blown away in a nice 1 on1 that get ruins by the other his nade
killing you and himself, so i think he should get a penalty for killing himself

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
Civrock

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2004, 08:46:27 pm »

*hands his glasses to PLOPje*  Wink

quoting from the FFA ladder rules:

"10. Any suicide, intentional or not, will be subtracted from your kill total."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 08:47:14 pm by z][t-Civic? » Logged

PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 10:02:15 pm »

crap i am getting blind sorry

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 10:32:39 pm »

I'll give you an example:

In the first RvS FFA Match (match #2325), both Ara and Ghost got 26 points, and both Wicked and Ein got 6 pts. So, because we don't count the kills they do, Ara and Ghost share the 1st place, and Wicked and Ein share the 3rd place on this match. That way, noone has a disadvantage because of sorting issues.

Later, I'll put some more stats on the "show cb" page, so everyone can check how many points he got.

Elandrion

I wasn't talking about kills, I was talking about the number of times you achieve a certain rank, I believe there is a bug in that because for me I know i got 2 1sts in my 2 matches for the GR FFA. This is how the c| FFA league worked last summer and I think it would be the ideal league structure.

Hmm, after looking at it for a bit I assume that you rank us on how well we did in that particular match accordingly, wasn't completely obvious at first.

Thanks, Crypt

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 10:56:12 pm »

I wasn't talking about kills, I was talking about the number of times you achieve a certain rank, I believe there is a bug in that because for me I know i got 2 1sts in my 2 matches for the GR FFA. This is how the c| FFA league worked last summer and I think it would be the ideal league structure.

Hmm, after looking at it for a bit I assume that you rank us on how well we did in that particular match accordingly, wasn't completely obvious at first.

Thanks, Crypt
hm maybe I haven't been quite clear:
you play a match of 4 games. for every game, you get ranked by GhR, and based on your rank, you get game points (I think it's written in the rules how many). Then, after the 4 games, the players get ranked again by the points they gained; if two or more ppl have the same points, they share the same place. This final ranking is then shown on the ladder page: 1st, 2nd and 3rd. All ranks above the 3rd count as a Loss. Again the example of the first match: Ara and Ghost both gained the 1st place, Wicked and Ein both the 3rd place; nobody gained 2nd and a loss.

Elan

[01] Lethal?

I'm a BANANA!!

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2004, 09:51:41 am »

I know a lot of people have been complaining about posting ffa's because it takes a lot longer than a normal cb. I think if there is a way to alphabetize the players names, it would make the matter much simpler. Also, more people would play ffa's if they didnt have to worry about confirming everytime. Maybe something you could do about this is to have the match completely confirmed if at least a majority of the players confirmed it and not every single person do it. Just a thought...let me know what you think.

Letha|njection
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2004, 04:43:33 am »

I know a lot of people have been complaining about posting ffa's because it takes a lot longer than a normal cb. I think if there is a way to alphabetize the players names, it would make the matter much simpler. Also, more people would play ffa's if they didnt have to worry about confirming everytime. Maybe something you could do about this is to have the match completely confirmed if at least a majority of the players confirmed it and not every single person do it. Just a thought...let me know what you think.

Not really a problem.  I know right where everybody is on the list now and can pretty much post any FFA in under 5 minutes.  Alphabetizing might make it a little easier, but Elandrion would have to re-alphabetize every time someone new joined the ladder.  Also, waiting for people to confirm really isn't a problem either.  It will auto-confirm the match in 24 hours even if nobody confirms the match.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Ein

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2004, 06:10:31 am »

I still see a game has not posted that was played about a week ago. All have confirmed except for one who is still listed as pending. I read in this forum before that it would be auto accepted in 24 hours but it has yet to happen with this one.
Sorry for letting it wait this long before mentioning it but was waiting to see if it would auto confirm and was in no hurry because I really didnt place well. hehe j/k

Civrock

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2004, 08:06:23 am »

there is no FFA game which is pending since a week. just checked the PvP matchlist... Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads