*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:14:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *DAMN BL Mappack 2.0: Problems / Bug Reports  (Read 6444 times)
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2004, 04:07:47 pm »

Actually the GHR ladder was most active without DBL Map Pack 1 & 2....

Clans would do over 50 cbs each... now your lucky if a clan has more then 25 cbs... so no it didnt make the league better.... and adding the map packs a week before finals just made it worst....

Especially with the bugs....

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2004, 04:53:57 pm »

Well, when clans used to have 50+ cbs, the season was also twice as long  Wink

seems like everyone has issue with this mappack being introduced now, just make an agreement with the clan before you CB, that you won't pick maps from the new map pack.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 04:56:47 pm by c| Splinter » Logged

"oh no, here's come's the death."
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2004, 05:20:20 pm »

It's always the same. When something new is coming out everyone complains about it some points are valid some aren't and with the time everyone plays it and learn to like it.

I just remember the Warzone debate, the first BL Map pack debate and now the same with the second version. In comparison to the first map pack release this one has much less bugs and don't argue with that few maps have glitches because there is hardly an original GhR without glitching possibilities. Of course this can be annoying but unfortunaly it's unavoidable.

As Splinter said it you can both agree to play not any of the *DBL maps but there are many guys who enjoy the new challenge and map layouts.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2004, 05:34:44 pm »

Diffrence betwen the old stuff being introduced and the new stuff...

The old stuff wasnt introduced 1 week before finals... always mid season or begining of season....

Also...
28. Rules concerning TIME LIMIT and DEFAULT NUMBER OF GAMES can be modified if both clans agree to it.
 right? SO in regards to that rule... what u and splinter just said dont count....

P.S. Mauti you get my PM? OR elandrion?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 05:50:44 pm by BTs_eight » Logged

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2004, 06:54:21 pm »

ughh... eight i noticed... Smiley Civic, some will agree with the new mappacks and some will disagree.. but w/e

Btw BTs GG's Smiley We Should do a new one and find more Smiley ..

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2004, 08:35:09 pm »

Eight, yep I got your pm just no time to answer it.

About introducing the map pack 1 week before finals. The map pack was much beta tested from guys that play a lot, then I made it a public beta for a very short 3 day period but since in this time almost 1000 players downloaded it and no major bugs were reported I think why not introduce it to the BL.

The *DBL MP1 was introduced with season VI and had lots of zone issues that were fixed one month later(that's a long time) and although it had lots of bugs and issues most people liked it because it added new challenges to the game. Of course a few guys complained but once they got used to it they never complained again.

I think it will be similiar with the *DBL MP2 although its release was probably too surprising, as reactions here show, but bugwise it is very stable and every suggestion for zone point changes as well as bug reports are welcome and will be added in a later update.

About the maps: I think they are a good selection. The FB maps are great and aren't really new(I remember were almost every GhR hosted game was with FB on), Warehouse and Compound have a nice layout, Chalet together with Dam doesn't have the highest fps but CQB is superb on Chalet and Dam is a gigantic map for nice domination cbs, Shollow Creek is a smaller version of the unpopular Wilderness map and is a nice addition to the Creekbed theme. The DCA map is excellent for snipers and WZ/Siege games and fps wise very friendly although it's a big one. Highlands is just a map for hunting...

I don't see anything wrong with the selection. May the release was too late in the season but I think every season is the same so why not surprise and shock everyone with a new challenge that could change some ladder rankings.

As I said, see it as challenge and take it as a chance to improve your ranking by adapting very fast teamtactics for the new maps and beat the unprepared opponent Wink

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2004, 03:47:36 am »

Civic, I did'nt mean downhill as in less games being played. What i meant is the game is becoming less enjoyable, this may because of all the new clans and less veteran clans also partly. I'm not putting all the balme on the mappacks, but in my opinion they just are'nt as fun as they used to be.

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Revolt

Death is certain, Life is not!!

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2004, 08:36:38 am »

Yeah everyone hates change, but it is inevitable...
Most  people were stocked to see new maps...
Bugs wil be fixed...

People always have something to say, which i understand...
If you dont like the maps...
It's easy.....

Dont play em...Heh....If your dont like what you see on TV what do you do?

I tried to put together a map pack to extend the enjoyment of ghost recon and the ladder...Most people always complain....So this type of thing i will no longer do...

The Maps were added to help ghr survive, but its those who put down, and dont give it a chance is what really kills it...

If you dont like em dont play em...simple...

Until then we can work together to make the spawns more efficient for next season...
Peace

« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 01:59:06 am by Revolt » Logged

[01] Revolt?
Noto
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2004, 06:15:42 pm »

Perhaps we should have an Embassy-Only ladder for all the whiney bitches who cannot accept change.  The new map packs are making things more interesting and sometimes more frustrating, but the downhill of GhR was happening way before map packs.  Seasons are shorter, people are getting burned out by GhR, RvS is now out, AA was finally improved for play on Mac, and this time of year keeps many people busy.  The next two seasons will most likely, based on past seasons, be the best and most active seasons we have seen since Season 4 & 5.

I love it when comments from unestablished players and unestablished clans make their way here in the manner in which they appear.  It just makes them all look like a bunch of noobs.  Try giving valid points with your argument, and maybe, just maybe, someone will listen.  Otherwise, you're just taking up space on this forum.  Think before you type folks.

.::|N| Noto
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2004, 08:04:43 am »

OK, as for the Chalet map, I have already taken care of the smoke issue by relocating it to the top of the map instead of the bottom to make it more fair for the opposing team.  I had already emailed Mauti with the mod for Chalet, and Aramarth and Revolt also have a copy.  It has been tested and seems to work well for the most part.  So I believe if they make a patch for that it should fix that issue.

Now Revolt and myself were talking about bringing Eight with us to try and fix the things that were not done before this pack was released.  I will personally redo some of the spawn points for the maps with the help of Revolt and Eight as far as I know which we will be starting on next week.  I think this collaberation with some of the largest, oldest GR clans should make any issues of this DAMN BL 2.0 mappack disappear.  I know after I get off of work for the next few days I plan on working with them to fix the issues at hand, so if you guys would be so kind as to point out ALL of the real issues that you have with specific maps in this topic, that way we can get right to the issues and make sure we arent missing anything.  

As for the random respawn issues I am not sure that is an easy one to fix but we will be working on that as well, plus we might even add a map or two that all 3 of us can agree would be a good addition to the BL mappack.  Of course all finalised products will be sent to Mauti for approval.  So plz, no bitching about the map's, just list specific issues that you might see as a problem with the mapsm, that way we can fix them as needed for the Macintosh Ghost Recon Community.  TY

:MoD:Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Revolt

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2004, 08:13:43 am »

That's what im talkin about .....Workin to gether as a whole...
We can do anything... Now when w egonna do a MAC vs PC ladder...

woooot...... Roll Eyes

[01] Revolt?
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2004, 04:44:20 pm »

yo all... when will the new DMP 2 Update Be Finished? ... and is the WZ on the MAP chalet Fall, gonna be upstairs? , + the spawn where u only can move one side , you got no chance 2 move since ur locked in . ... ( i know my english sux - but im also tired now =P )... heh, is it done b4 the season 8 starts?

fA][Stripes , Thx.

• - Stripes - •

Revolt

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2004, 04:58:17 pm »

we workin on  it,,,just witin for the finals to free up...

[01] Revolt?
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2004, 03:12:29 am »

Stripes, there is a way to move out. You just need some frag grenades and some skill. Sometimes, rushing for the nearest door is a bad idea.

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2004, 08:53:42 am »

Well, Acri.  I must respectfully object to that because it can easily be held off by the smoke owning team.  Unfortunately, these maps, as well as the DAMN BL mappack #1 hasnt been fully tested and unfortunately shouldnt have ever come out until they were "Finished for DAMN BL"  My big issue is that I dont think that a map should be submitted to BL until it is fully tested in every way possible that DAMN BL allows you to require.  There seems to be too many loopholes and whatnot thru the maps and that is why I do plan on working on them asap with Revolt and Eight (God willing now that this issue with BTs and Mp5 is over).  In any event it is my firm belief that these maps because of the new rules of BL should be re-evaluated and dealt with accordingly.  Which I plan on doing now.

As for the Chalet map, yes, that smoke spot has already been changed because of the underground camping issue that was rearing it's ugly head by just the simplest of testing.  Again, this map should have NOT been released as for many of the other maps.  My apologies for being a little upset at this, but let's face it.  With these DAMN BL maps and the new rules there are just too many issues that have become present as of now.  We will be addressing them and fixing them soon.  Most likely before the upcoming season.

:MoD:Saberian

P.S.  I plan on incorporating Bigtex from my clan as well to help with the modding because of his obvious skill in porting adn creating maps for Ghost Recon specifically.  More shortly.

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
remy
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2004, 10:32:20 am »

Hello,

I am French and does not speak very well. In the map "The
Dust", it is possible to cross a wall to hide and shoot at the enemies
while being invisible. Perhaps that you know it already.

Thank you they are very beautiful maps.

Bye
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2004, 11:31:12 am »

lol remygpower, we know ... Smiley but else thx

Stripes

• - Stripes - •

Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2004, 06:44:22 pm »

This may be 1.5 as much as 2.0, but when selecting the primaries only kit restriction, the A91 gets left out. I suppose most people did not notice this, being that they use only two of the guns. Thanks!

Ara

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
Revolt

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2004, 03:37:56 am »

As for the maps they have been tested...they have been out far longer than just this season..If you test each map for bugs...They have just as many as any normal ghr map....MP06 Castle is the original demo map and also available in full version yet there are glitches...there still to this day..Does it mean the maps are horrible? No..I mean u could test all you want but point is these maps have been out for over a year in the PC world....and in the ghr world.. You can never fix ever map from bugs.. Like in battlefield you can glitch in bunkers.. But doesn't mean you should... Every map has pros and cons, I have hear peole love and hate almost every map... The  only thing we can really do to maps is mod spawn points...As far as fixing maps.. Why dont we start with mp06 castle... It has glitches and faults as well.. All maps have glitches, bugs, etc...There were additional maps that woulda been on map pack 2 but mauti didnt approve...We can all work together as to where teh spawns should be as we did in map 1.5...That would be great... As far as future maps, next year take the problem by the neck.... And pick out maps....
I mean if 1.5 and 2.0 are not "Finished for DAMN BL" maps...Then why would Mauti release em?.They never will be unless you plan on opening maps in 3d studio max and fixin glitches... You think the Frostbite maps havent been played and tested by top moders in the ghr community? all the maps and mods we have come from PC modders...which are tested tried and true.
All we can do is change spawns....

That would be impossible.... Im not knockin your comment Sab or anyone, just lettin yall know where the maps come from...in map pack 2.0 i aimed at more "ghr style maps"...map pack 1.0 seemed like Counterstrike style maps thus i selected the small, medium, and large maps in map pack 2..which were alot mro e "like " ghr maps... Some of the first maps that woulda been greta additions..Mauti didnt approve.. So I went from there... I never compiled the maps to defy the DAMN admins...I did it to add to the longevity of Ghost Recon!! And together we can all add to make em better... And like Mauti says..if you dont like em dont cb with em!! Its very simple..

New maps are not bad, they jsut need to be learned then they become classics... Peole often do not like what they are not familiar with...

I mean there are maps that i would pick in regular ghr that make most peoples toes curl (Ravine, Valley, Docks Night, Caves, Wilderness), but they are unpopular maps and people dislike bein in a situation they are not familiar with.....

A true soilder (ghost) can adapt to any terrain or circumstance..

I love you all and may Ghost Recon live forever...
[01] Revolt

« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 03:43:23 am by Revolt » Logged

[01] Revolt?
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2004, 05:28:24 pm »

And like Mauti says..if you dont like em dont cb with em!! Its very simple..

This is a bad thread for this discussion, so I ask that this goes no further, but revo, here is the counterpoint.
Our finals match against z][t (nothing against them of course) saw a total of three map picks from their side... and the three they picked were maps that by definition one team lost as soon as the spawns were randomly picked. We got lucky once, and won once. Now thats a perfect record, the team which I projected would win based upon the spawn won every time. This isn't a game of ghost, its a game of dice. Some maps should not be in the packs, and a few others should not have domination as an option, simply to make the game possibly go either way instead of being a total rout.

Ara

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads