*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:36:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rainbow Six 3:: In game proof of high fps...  (Read 9797 times)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2004, 04:35:23 pm »

Did the revolt guide and this is how it looks like now, cept i changed the maxtextureLOD to 3 where as he suggested 8 and the default is 12.

My subconcious was telling me that the maxtextureLOD played more of a role than I thought... but I ignored it, so I set it to 9.

hmmm...

Gonna go try setting it to 3-5

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2004, 05:02:06 pm »

Ok, so I set it to 4.
What's the first thing I do when I get into the game? TK.
Why? Camo no longer exists.
BTW: It looks 20 times fuglier than Rainbow Six 1.
Also, I'm really only hitting around 30 FPS when I'm spectating.

HMMMMMM

P.S.
    Or just disable vsync for the same effect.

Vsync was already turned off when it happened.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 07:23:10 pm by Agent SNiPE » Logged

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
H e L L B e N T

"shift_passion"

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2004, 06:24:10 pm »

Yeah I get good FPS on signle player with no enemies around also, but that's not the problem. In game I get maybe 5FPS the game essentially is unplayable, I've tied a could of times but everything is so choppy I can't really do anything. I tried turning the resolution down but that didn't do anything either. I think my 1 year old processor is just to slow to keep up now so it looks like I'll be sticking to GhR to get my Clancey on...
MainMaN

moo

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2004, 05:29:38 pm »

Ok, i did it exactly then rvs wouldnt start, then i got crypta's file (same comp) and it worked. But, i had shitty graphics and about mb 3-8 more fps, screw that! I rather turn it up + have BS graphics then save a couple fps. However i did get some more juice from rvs. So ty revolt

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

SparK - Forums :: http://sparkforum.cjb.net :: Raven Shield Modding Source
Revolt

Death is certain, Life is not!!

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2004, 06:39:56 am »

Are you guys setting your system resolution to the same as you have in game?
if you run 800x600 in game ...u should set to 800x600 in the Mac system prefs and where ever the .ini files refer to your screen resolution....(Waypoint X&Y etc)...also set your refresh rate as high as you can go....thats what that software is for....DisplayConfigX etc.,...
...also if you set your max textures to 3....then expect textures to be at 3 quality......they key to the whole thing is having your refresh rates high and exactly as you have in these files.....remember once you get a dialed in Raven Shield.ini setting save it to desktop as this file seems to reset at times...

also when you join a MP host try this...

Netspeed settings can also be adjusted on the fly, by entering the console and typing NETSPEED 5000 for instance. You can go all the way up to 20000.
Now for the interesting part. Turn on Frames Per Second by typing FPS in the command console. Start somewhere arbitrary like 3000 for NETSPEED. Bump it up by 1000 until you see your FPS tank. Then come back down by 500 until your FPS is maxed. I usually get the best results at 6000 - I run FPS in the high hundreds if my netspeed is adjusted correctly. This setting will change when you join another server or the one you are in either empties out or fills up. It is like owning a Harley, so much maintenance it should have a Snap-On tool trailer behind it.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 06:44:56 am by Revolt » Logged

[01] Revolt?
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2004, 09:46:44 am »

Hello,

I am glad you are soo into this revolt.  It's good to know that people are working on a possible solution to the framerate problem.  Although, i must say that your notes are quite similar to what was posted on what the PC guy had said about the changes that need to be made within the game.  In either case, I did find a significant increase in FPS within the game, but on certain maps it seems to have gotten worse on the FPS whereas some other maps have gotten better.

at first I tried the settings on a small map and they worked great.  Then I tried it on a bigger map like bunkers (Day) for example and the graphics went right back to shit.  Not only that but they were significantly worse.  Granted I am not running the fastest machine on the planet.  Dual 867 MDD with a 64mb ATI Radeon 9000 and 1 gig of memory.  I just cant explain why this is the case.  I was literally getting between 3-12 fps, but before the changes were made I was pulling 8-22 fps.  As for the smaller map that was tried my framerate stayed in the perameters that you had stated, but the bigger maps got worse.  Any ideas?  Cause if I get 3-12 fps with a 64mb card, I can just imagine what other people must be getting otherwise.

:MoD:Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Mushman

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2004, 09:18:11 am »

Revolt,
 You must not be very smart.  Have you ever thought about the fact that 75 percent or more of all mac users are using powerbooks or flatpanels that DONT HAVE A REFRESH RATE?  FYI to all, tweaking those INI files does absolutely nothing except for cache size megs=  which can help cut down texture loading time depending on how much ram you have.  FYI aspyr recomends that you DO NOT install RVS to the applications directory.  Don't ask me why, I have no idea.  The only way this game will get faster is with a speed patch.
MainMaN

moo

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2004, 05:13:12 pm »

same...

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

SparK - Forums :: http://sparkforum.cjb.net :: Raven Shield Modding Source
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2004, 07:01:46 am »

Wow, now that would be an invention, a speed patch hehe.  But either way I dont think Aspyr will put out something like that anytime soon.  They just make the games and leave all the issues to someone else it seems.  Well, at least for this game that is.  Even though Revolt took it off a PC article for the tweeking it was still a good idea for those that dont use a powerbook or laptop of any type.  at least it partially worked for me.  In any event I would still like to hear a possible solution for my situation stated above from earlier, if that is possible Grin

:MoD:Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2004, 01:41:50 pm »

Im still fuming at the fact that i kicked up my copy of QIII the other day and was hitting 90fps with my setting ons max... and then i kicked up my copy of RvS and managed to hit about 20fps with my settings on min..

What a damn difference.. if only people wrote games specifically for mac and we didn't just get ports of the code every time Sad

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads