*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:53:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GR weather moding for mac  (Read 921 times)
Desprez

Squad Bartender

« on: September 19, 2003, 08:30:48 am »

I want to make some weather mods for various maps.
I'm working on a mac, and realize that many of the popular tools are not available. It seems frighteningly hard to work around this issue.

I've had some limited success, changing fog and visibility values and such.
but I'm still not sure what LayerRange and LayerHeight mean.

I figure if I can find where various values are stored I can change them by hand without the appropriate editors.

I figure, to get the ground lighten or darken (to reflect a changed lighting condition), I can change the shading on the grounddmd files (or is it the darkmaps?) in photoshop. Can't seem to find an RSB conversion for Mac Photoshop, however.

There's more, like making sure the soldiers are lighted correctly, rain or no rain, and such.

Basicaly, can anyone answer how I would go about changing lighting and weather (and neccessary related elements - how light or dark objects and ground appear) while working on a mac?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2003, 08:32:40 am by Desprez » Logged
MainMaN

moo

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 05:35:42 pm »

yah np. If you want some simple crapa open up the .mis files and tinker around with it. Theirs numric values for each settings. Or if you wana do your own try using IGOR (pc req.)

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

SparK - Forums :: http://sparkforum.cjb.net :: Raven Shield Modding Source
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2003, 10:12:40 pm »

I think the tough answer, Desprez, is that you can't do a whole lot on the mac.  This has been the holy grail for many a folk for a long time now, with only limited success.  The only RSB converter out there only converts RS RSB files (the GR RSB files are actually a completely different format, aside from the extension).

Changing fog distance, color etc can be done pretty easily with a text editor and tweaking the .env file, like mainman said.  Weather can be changed as well, by changing what sky texture is loaded (i think, not an expert on that).  Dr. NO has done alot with weather modding, so he'd be a good guy to ask. (you're welcome Doc Wink )

As for changing the ground textures and lighting, the applications are just not there for Mac.  You'd need a PC for that.  The PC version of GhR comes with a map editor, which was so gratefully left out of the Mac version, the bastards!

"oh no, here's come's the death."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads