*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:56:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  l337 Barney n00b question!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: l337 Barney n00b question!  (Read 2278 times)
The Golden Shark

hehehe my picture is funny.........

« on: July 03, 2003, 03:54:59 am »

wtf does that little wheel around the laser do ( on the apple pro mouse) ? and what does the program button do on the tower? ( the wave one next to the emergancy restart button)

And the Lord said, "Let there be G5!", and there was G5, and it was good. Everyone was amazed and gave praise to Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. On the second day, Steve Jobs drove Wintel from the garden of NASDAQ in a fury -- f
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 05:54:00 am »

The wheel is to set the tension on the mouse button. The button is pannic button, which in OS 9 (don't know about OSX) brings up a text interface to enter commands to override a crashed application. Doesn't always work but its still good.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
The Golden Shark

hehehe my picture is funny.........

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 06:07:19 am »

cool ,thnx i feel so enlightend

And the Lord said, "Let there be G5!", and there was G5, and it was good. Everyone was amazed and gave praise to Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. On the second day, Steve Jobs drove Wintel from the garden of NASDAQ in a fury -- f
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 09:48:41 am »

Actually, its real name is the "programmer's button". It sends an interrupt that causes the system to drop into whatever low-level debugger (e.g. MacsBug) is running. In the normal case, that "low level debugger" is the aforementioned text box, which is not a debugger at all, but provides some very limited functionality for terminating crashed programs or rebooting the computer, for example.

I've never pressed it while running OS X, so I have no idea what it does there.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 01:24:17 pm »

Set the tension  Huh

could you be more specific....  -   0    +

cause this just might slove a problem i been having, once in awhile the cursor all the sudden jumps to the other end of the screen. This is very annoying when playing GhR and having a enemy in your reticule and you find yourself aiming at the sky  Smiley

I used to have it on - but when i read this thread i remembered the wheel down there and changed it to 0, il see how it works now.

PS. this problem first arouse when i got a new mouse pad  Huh

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 02:37:27 pm »

The wheel controls how much force is needed to click the mouse, and I think it also controls how much of the mouse is a button. That is, on a lower tension setting, you can press further towards the back of the mouse to click.

The jumping cursor is an issue with laser mice in general. A laser mouse works by reflecting a laser off of a surface, into a sensor. The surface that the sensor is "looking at" changes as you move the mouse around, and the sensor translates that into mouse-movement instructions for the computer. If the surface you're moving the mouse around on is optically discontinuous (that is, it's got sudden changes from light to dark, or complex patterns, etc.), the sensor will interpret those sudden optical changes as sudden movements of the mouse. So, your cursor goes haywire. The best surface for an optical mouse is a surface that is all one color.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 05:26:47 pm »

Wow
thank you !!

Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2003, 07:30:24 pm »

there is no macsbug in OsX,
But i do remember that with macsbug running, it would bring the debugger up rather than the ugly white box. That was the best way to forcequit a application that was hanging in os9.
OsX owns...
and who still uses the apple pro mouse?

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2003, 07:58:52 pm »

Not I.  I can't use a computer without a right mouse button or a sexy scroll wheel.

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads