*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:37:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  |n| vs GF issue
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: |n| vs GF issue  (Read 2386 times)
GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« on: May 23, 2003, 06:34:49 am »

In response to the cb with |n| and [gf] 5-5
we are contesting the match due to:

1)   the first and second game vegito ip joined and didnt go through gameranger as stated in the rules we didnt notice it till the server was restarted and we did not agree to ip joining.  

we have a screenshot for you to look at at:  

http://www.cwdim.com/gf/Picture%201.pdf

thanks

General Billy
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 06:41:39 am by General Billy » Logged

GEN BILLY
Noto
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 05:23:32 pm »

To the moderators of this thread:

Could someone please clarify, and post, the rules that pertain to new members coming from other clans.  If a new member has been in another clan, or multiple clans in one season, is there a specific amount of time they would have to wait before being included in clan battles?  I know what I am asking is somewhat included in the rules, but I am looking for someone to clarify.  There seems to be a large amount of clan hopping in season 4, and I want to make sure we (|n|) are not taking part in clan battles that should never have happened.  If there is a rule that states a new member from another clan or clans cannot clan battle for a specific amount of time, what happens to the clan battle that they should not have participated in?  Does is matter whether their team wins or loses?  Is a rematch mandatory?  Is the CB wiped completely clean?  

I would rather this particular thread to be replied to by the moderators and/or persons that deal with the GhR BL rules.  I will consider replies by others who are not moderators and/or persons that deal with the GhR BL rules as misinformed and false.  Thank you for your time.    

---|n|`Noto
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 07:16:17 pm »

What Noto, you wouldnt believe what I tell you? Huh

Hehehe,  its ok I understand... Roll Eyes

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2003, 10:33:35 am »

I post this for Tim Collins because he has currently some forum problems:

In regards to the allegations of IP joining in the recent cb of [GF] vs. |n|.  Results posted by sS-Twist:

Re:Clanbattle Drop Box ? Reply #9 on: May 22, 2003, 11:24:36 PM ?

[GF] Deafeats |n|? in a 5 vs 5 GHR match? 4-0-0

? ?  

? ? [GF] S-Vegito, T-Collins , wickedson ,carbon ,M-Myth

? ? |n| Diesel ,soc ,billy ,ultrarage ,broken

In the matter of General Billy's accusations of IP joining, it is important to know that before the commencement of this cb numerous rooms created by various members of both clans were tested for lag.  During this process, I was booted from GameRanger when certain GR rooms were closed before I had quit Ghost Recon.  This was the case for members of both clans but especially so for [GF]S-Vegito.  All participants of the cb did not, as a result, join the GR room which was finally used to host the cb and launch into GhR at the same time.  I think this is the cause behind Gen. Billy's reasoning.

However, there are obvious flaws in his arguement.  First and foremost, at what point before, during, or after the cb did Gen. Billy take the screenshot he has posted?  There is no text in the GR room chat window, nor a participant of the cb, to confirm when and why the screenshot was taken.  Moreover, in review of the screenshots I took of the After Action Review screens, I now see that |n|`static played in only the first two rounds of this cb--and I do not remember being made of aware of the fact that |n|`ultraraged was substituted into the cb at the time.  As a mater of fact, a GR Find Player search for "ultraraged" returned no results on Friday, May 23 at 11 p.m. CDT.  Furthers, as the evidence below may suggest, that |n|`static changed his name to |n|`ultraraged, then the aforementioned screenshot clearly illustrates my following point.  It is also important to remember that GR is often slow to update the list of members in a hosted room; at least, that has been my expe!
 rience.  In this case, I was one of four participants booted from GhR, but not GR, during the testing phase of the cb while the remaining were disconnected from GR.  I quickly relaunched into GhR (via the GR room, as it did not crash) and waited for everyone to return.  Although I then saw members of BOTH teams return to GhR, when I exited the game to check the room in GR none of those participants who were booted from GR appeared in the list until GR had about 5 seconds to refresh!  Perhaps this screenshot was taken during this period.  And then |n|`static (whom I believe took the image) relaunched into GhR before GR had a chance to update.  Evidence that follows suggests to me that this was the case, and that others saw the green "in-game" indicator button deactivate in GR.

It is my opinion that Gen. Billy has brought about this accusation due to frustration over their loss of the cb.  More specifically, over the loss of round two.  That round took place on MP05 Small Docks and began with two quick kills of one man each per team.  The round ended at a time of 0:54 when |n|`static accidentally team-killed the remaining four members of his team with a grenade.  An argument over the legality of the win quickly ensued.

The following is a complete copy of the conversations which took place in the GR room.  The first part took place after round one, the latter half took place after round two.  At the later time, I asked that everyone exit GhR, and I was the first person to do so (twice, actually, after they didn't come the first time).

Description: [GF] v. |n|

<< Waiting for Host >>

<< Aborted Game >>

<< Joining Game >>

<< Aborted Game >>

<< Joining Game >>

<< Host Aborted Game >>

<< [GF]carbon>> left the room >>

|n|`static: did someone ip join

|n|`GEN BILLY.CB: where is your team

|n|`static: ip joining is not allowed in cb's

[GF]Wickedson>>: pass myth?

|n|`GEN BILLY.CB: did thy leave

[GF]M-MyTH>>: killer

|n|`soc: uffy ip?

[GF]Wickedson>>: no one is ip joining

<< [GF]carbon>> joined the room >>

|n|`GEN BILLY.CB: ok

|n|`static: ok

[GF]carbon>>: map

|n|`GEN BILLY.CB: ok lock room

[GF]M-MyTH>>: locked

[GF]Wickedson>>: its locked

[GF]Wickedson>>: killer is password

<< Waiting for Host >>

<< Joining Game >>

<< Aborted Game >>

<< Joining Game >>

<< Aborted Game >>

<< Host Aborted Game >>

[GF]M-MyTH>>: read rules and paste them here

[GF]T-Collins>>: A win is when a team either kills the entire other team or is the team with the most people left alive.

[GF]carbon>>: wuts the site

[GF]T-Collins>>: A tie is when both teams have the same number of players left alive at the end of the game.

[GF]T-Collins>>: A loss is when a team either is entirely killed or has less players alive than the other team.

[GF]T-Collins>>: http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/clanladder/rules.php

[GF]S-Vegito>>: COME ON U GUYS LOST THAT  ONE

[GF]carbon>>: gj mr collins

[GF]T-Collins>>: GHOST RECON SPECIFIC RULES, # 6

[GF]S-Vegito>>: Colins u da man

[GF]carbon>>: thas better

[GF]T-Collins>>: score is 0-2-0

[GF]S-Vegito>>: i like that

[GF]T-Collins>>: in favor if GF

[GF]carbon>>: very nice werk mr sherlock

[GF]M-MyTH>>: everyone done reading?

[GF]Wickedson>>: we won that round

[GF]carbon>>: starter up

|n|`soc: one min

[GF]T-Collins>>: hold myth

[GF]M-MyTH>>: ok

[GF]T-Collins>>: wait for their ok

<< |n|`static left the room >>

[GF]carbon>>: i like the cheat tests

[GF]carbon>>: where evceryone has to meet in the middle

[GF]carbon>>: and check there night vision

<< |n|`ultraraged joined the room >>

[GF]S-Vegito>>: Well?

[GF]carbon>>: comon sence my children

[GF]T-Collins>>: soc?

[GF]Wickedson>>: ghost recon specific rules #6

|n|`GEN BILLY.CB: ok

[GF]Wickedson>>: can't get much clearer

[GF]Wickedson>>: cool billy?

|n|`soc: i'm ok with 0-2-0

[GF]T-Collins>>: hit it, myth

|n|`soc: diesel?

[GF]Wickedson>>: thanks

<< Waiting for Host >>

<< Aborted Game >>

We respect the Network can and it's members, but feel that we have been wrongly accused.

Thank you,

Tim Collins.

P.S.  I'm aware of BL General Rule 27, but an email from |n| informing us of their contest would have been a nice gesture.

My decision: may you didn't notice it but GameRanger automatically sets a random server password for every game started through GameRanger. You only get it you join through GameRanger. If you try to ip join you will be asked for a password you don't know. No member in the game only the guys that can edit the server can see it and disable it. This cleary proves Collins point and because of my own experience I know that this can happen.

@ Noto: the cb will be decided against the clan with the unallowed player.

Bye,

Mauti
ps.: n vs GF cb drop box entry has been deleted - you have to continue the cb at the last score with the same number of players, and all your last server settings. Only the players can be different ones. You have time to complete the cb until the 28th may 2003 12:00am CET. Get this cb finished before you play other cbs.

You can use the *DAMN BL Final challenge mode if you can't agree to a set time.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2003, 10:43:44 am by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
T. Collins
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2003, 06:53:34 pm »

This was a best of 7 cb, therefore the match is final.
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2003, 07:11:23 pm »

"Mauti
ps.: n vs GF cb drop box entry has been deleted - you have to continue the cb at the last score with the same number of players, and all your last server settings. Only the players can be different ones. You have time to complete the cb until the 28th may 2003 12:00am CET. Get this cb finished before you play other cbs. "

So Collins- given that mauti told us to redo it.  Just cause you say its final means that you are not gonna redo it?  

Please let me know so we can finish this cb ASAP.

LUV_D   Grin

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2003, 08:35:08 pm »

If the cb was finished it is finished. Sorry about the confusion but in one mail someone mentioned that the accustion of IP joining was made after the 2nd game so I thought you aborted the cb there.

So the final score is 4 - 0. Someone of GF please post it in cb drop box with players and everything as usual.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2003, 08:47:06 pm »

You can post the cb outcome as 4-0 because you played the 4 games. I thought you stopped after the second game so I posted that you have to continue the cb.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2003, 03:07:59 am »

Holla!!

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
T. Collins
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2003, 05:11:35 pm »

This is not directly related to the |n| vs. [GF] cb, but I think it's funny: All the points we earned with this win over |n| we just lost to uX.

cO.Vickedson

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2003, 10:02:30 pm »

This is not directly related to the |n| vs. [GF] cb, but I think it's funny: All the points we earned with this win over |n| we just lost to uX.

Is that how this shit works??

I've got no idea what's going on.

ps collins:  maybe now you'll realize your sleep is not worth losing ghr CB's!!!  j/k haha Wink

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads