*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:39:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: |n| vs BT - Graphical Error issue  (Read 5244 times)
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« on: May 19, 2003, 04:32:03 am »

Hey Mauti i know you busy...

OK....

So just to let you ALL know... This is between |n| and BTs so we please would like to keep all comments between our 2 clans...

i will also ask of both clans.... not to make it into some flame war...
(i know the |n| guys & I am sure it won't happen)

On the last CB with N vs BTs

We subbed a player in the last game...
Nova came in and we were playing at the embassy..

First time we drop he said to abort... Something about his textures not being right everything being all screwed up on screen.

Then he thought he fixed it i restarted server due to netfone being one buggy POS... We went back in and decided to finish this...

Score was 5-4 in |n|'s favor...

On the last match once we dropped in again nova imidiatly says to abort... Saying his shit was fuckt major... He took screenshots (Mauti will be recieving this)
So waiting for an answer from |n| and trying to figure out what was wrong at the time.... Nova ends up getting shot...

All we were asking was for a chance to redo that match since nova's screen was all fuckt...

After seeing the replay you will notice nova didnt do much of anything no cover no movement... just walked up to a wall and that was it...

So again all we're asking for is a chance to redo the last match with the cb score still at 5-4.

Now all of u from before... (when i was in DEA and now BTs) would know that i am the first one to adit we lost...

All i ask for is a fighting chance... Let us finish with the 3v3....

Thnx guys!

Network and BL Admins...

Sorry for all the added stress... i know u have alot to do Mauti..

Mod BTs DFA and now this =/

hehe well whatever you decide is cool...

Email will be sent to both Diesel and Mauti

ONE LAST THING!
Please don't think |n| got lucky or anything... They played a great game each game...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2003, 04:56:08 am by BTs_eight » Logged

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 07:10:13 pm »

One question why does all screenshots you sent me with the graphical bug contain your player name and not Nova's?

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BTS_Nova
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 07:50:24 pm »

??

i made a sreenshot when i had this porb......

one, where there is a big gray "box" in the screen, and one out of eight`s view, coz when i wrote "damn, this shit happend again" i got shot and coundnt take a screen while i was alife......

thats why u have a screenshot from eight`s view, coz  already get shot before i made a screen.....
we started at the garage, and a n was within the embassy "yard" and shot me there while i was typing "wait" etc.
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 08:59:39 pm »

This post is in response to Mauti's question.  After the game I kept questioning the same thing that mauti is referring to on his post.  On the last match Nova was killed and then  he claimed that he crashed.  Nova didnt leave the game until after he was killed.  Eight, then aborted the game while we were playing.  I was questioning the crash in my mind but decided since eight aborted the game that Nova actually crashed.  So we replayed the round.

We replayed the game, Nova was killed [again] and then he claimed that he crashed for a second time.  The game was NEVER aborted by the host [eight].  The game continued to completion with all BTs players being eliminated.    

Nova was killed within the first 15-20 seconds of both matches.  He appeared to be advancing in a normal fashion when he was eliminated.  After the cb was finished, which ended in a 6-4 victory for n.  Eight then closed the room down and later asked to replay the last game.  All the BTs players had left gameranger at this time and all of the n players remained online 2 hours afterwards.  

If it was that big of a deal, the gameroom should have never been closed down and the last game would have been played for the 3rd time shorthanded or not.  

_D

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 09:14:02 pm »

This is in response to Diesels Post..

Ah no offense but you are incorrect. He was not Killed the First Game! He crashed out then eight stopped the game.

And regards to Nova's post, this is correct, if you watch the replay, I was the one by the car and I kept turning and looking at him while he was typing. Unfortunatly Nova does not have a mic so he could not tell us what was going on, he had to type it.

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2003, 09:19:28 pm »

Also make note that NOVA wasnt killed then asked for a redo...

He asked for the redo right when we started due to graphics being fuckt... then he is typing asking for an abort and then he got shot...

Also keep in mind you guys were claiming a victory and right afterwards, i mentioned this after i got the screenshots from nova to see what he was talking about....

All we're asking for is a redo with a 3v3 like we agreed to...

We never agreed to play a 2v3 on the last match...

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 09:34:49 pm »

"All we're asking for is a redo with a 3v3 like we agreed to..."

Eight we never agreeed to a redo.  (Please dont become a liar)

I thought we won the cb.  I posted the results.  Your askin me to do a redo a couple of days later but not when the game was over.  In case of a redo, i told my guys to stay online and they did.  Your guys left.  

And btw on the replay, since Nova claimed he crashed the only thing he typed in was "ahhhhh."

Not abort, Not I crashed- just "ahhhh."

Also.  These are the ss's that i recieved.  Maybe Mauti can tell me if they are the same that he recieved from the game.  The first two are the original.  The bottom 2 are the edited ss's that i think look a bit suspicious.  

Also, when an ss is taken the default file format is a .pdf file.  The original files that were sent to me contain:

Bild 1.jpg  (why is this one in this format?)
Bild 3.pdf

http://cwdim.com/bts
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 09:47:17 pm by |n|`DIESEL » Logged

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
BTs_Nova
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2003, 10:22:42 pm »

well, diesel, i had to go offline coz it was 3am in germany, and i needed some sleep.....

maybe u forgot it

i still have both ss here, bith pdf

why jpg, coz i often have to convert the pdf to jpg, coz a lot of friends have only os 9 on their slow maschines

u can get both originals if u want them....
no problem  Smiley
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2003, 10:55:43 pm »

I am not calling you a liar D..

But the score says it was a 3v3? right?

We agreed to play 3v3 right?

not 2v3 right?

thats all i am saying....

And to be right... i asked for the redo right when i got the screenshot from Nova... Which was a few minutes after the game was over an WAY before you posted the win...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 10:57:29 pm by BTs_eight » Logged

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2003, 01:22:08 am »

Hey Gang

According to the screenshot that nova did after the cb was over he type in the game room chat box:

"BTs_Nova: beaten by c, and now beaten by n"

To me that sounds like nova accepted the loss right after the game and then went to sleep.  

Also, if there was a problem during the start of the second try why did eight and fusion continue to play the game untill they both got killed legally 'like nova got killed legally' and not abort it as soon as he found out there was a problem with nova.

If there was such a problem with nova why did he stay up for one more min and contest the game....

General Billy
« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 01:24:16 am by General Billy » Logged

GEN BILLY
Bts_nova
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2003, 01:32:17 am »

next time i wont do any ss any more.....
they cause more trouble then cleaning things up

i wrote this when i entered the room for the first time.....
8 told me that it was 5-4 in n`s favor....

and i know u guys....i was in ssi before and i know this: cb u in a 3vs3 is a lot harder than cb u in a 4vs4....
and i havnt played a lot this day, no warmup and so on......
"omg yeah thats why i caused my game to crash right?!?"
isnt that u will post now?!?

it was clear that we will lose, and i dont mind if we lose, but i want a fair lose, and not a lose like this, when i had no chance to play.
and i was very frustrated, because we lost against c one day ago.....
so i had no motivation left for a cb, why every bts online, was asking me to play, until i accepted, coz i didnt want to let my friends play in a unfair 2v3

all i and 8 want, is a fair cb! thats all we are asking you. nothing more, and nothing less.
just let us play the last game again. the score was 5-4 |n|. map is embassy.
Players will be the same....without me this time, cause i only would have played coz joka had to go (was it joka?!?)

im not searching for trouble.....
i had enogh of it in the past.......
so i apeal to you: lets finish the cb in a fair way, im sure we will lose. but we will lose in a fair fight!
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2003, 01:33:15 am »

You yelled at me for aborting the first time... WHEN NOVA CRASHED

We asked you to abort the second time and please note the REPLAY... Nova didnt do anything but type out that his screen is fuckt.

As far as i am concerned you guys did not beat us (YET)

The score was 5-4 at the embassy with a 3v3 match...

I am not taking any of the other games away from you guys.... You guys played very well.

All i am asking is a redo of the last match....

If we loose fine... No problem. Just let the CB be fair is all....

I just think as it stands now... Becuase of the last the win was a cheap one...

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2003, 01:38:43 am »

Its funny you should say that Billy............. I was just gonna say exactly the same thing... also, why did you compress one of the screen shots and not the other if it was to conserve space? why was one of the shots taken 10mins later than the other, and why are there "night vision mod" folders on the desktop... wouldn't have expected to ever every see guys with that on their desktop!?  Why is the view in window mode rather than full screen? Why do we see eights name in the screen - yet eight connected on nf... was nova looking through eights view? were these ss taken from the replay or during the actual game???

Just a few questions! can't help being curiose Grin

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Nova

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2003, 01:53:39 am »

and one out of eight`s view, coz when i wrote "damn, this shit happend again" i got shot and coundnt take a screen while i was alife......

thats why u have a screenshot from eight`s view, coz  already get shot before i made a screen.....
we started at the garage, and a n was within the embassy "yard" and shot me there while i was typing "wait" etc.

one question answered already......
i have all 3ss in pdf format if u want them.......
and i did one more showing the date, and time when these 3 ss were made
and u are right.... the 3rd one, from 8?s view was taken 10min later, because we stopped after my first "crash" and i opened ghr offline, set all settings, and then i connected again to 8`s server.
then i did again problems and i got killed while i was typing.....

diesel took his chance and said: we won!

u can get all the originals from here: http://www.diespielteufel.de/test/ssvonbtsvn/

aaaaaaaaaarg damit.......
forgot my server has problems with ppl, connecting from other countrys than germany!

i`ll ask 8 for some space on the bts server.....

if u cannot connect to the site, pm me, or send me a mail to nova@battleteksquad.com and u will get this original files, including a 4th file, showing the date and time when the ss were taken

oh btw: check to clock in the upper right.......of my finder, and see the time when the ss were taken.....
u notice something?!?
yeeeeeeah!! u got it! the same time!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 01:57:53 am by BTs_Nova » Logged

BattleTekSquad:
Winners of Season 4 Team Ghost Recon Ladder
Winners of Season 5 Siege and CQB Ghost Recon Ladders
Winners of Season 6 Siege and CQB Ghost Recon Ladders
to be continued...
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2003, 02:07:12 am »

Maybe if you wernt playing with your textures so much Nova, you wouldnt have this problem right now.  I tested putting in FSNV in windows mode, and it works no problem as long as you get it in before the game starts.  Your FPS gets hit for the windows mode, but it's still do able.  

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
BTs_Nova

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2003, 02:18:31 am »

hehe

i was not playing with my textures, but i always have my fps set on true, so i can adjust the details of the maps within the games.....
i have a gf4mx and if i play on farm day, with all on hight, then my fps reach the 10-15limit when it starts zu "lag" (hmmm wrong word i think, but its not thus smooth any more and u see ore and more single pictures. damn i need more vacabulary!)

i would have played in 640x480, thats not the problem, but the walls were looking strange, like this one u can see in the ss.....
all the walls were strange....like the were moving into different directions
thats what was wrong!

BattleTekSquad:
to be continued...
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2003, 09:04:25 am »

Why on earth did you have Banned Cheat files (FSNV) on your desktop?
? So the images you took in the game are all the same time -except the one when u had to rejoin and look through eights eyes? was this after the game then in replay? sorry i got a bit lost - just cos there is 10 mins difference on that ss?
Weird texture... that collum definatly looks like it would very much like to be on the dance floor or somthing.. weird how it dosnt' seem to have affected much else though.. did at any point everything do that or was it just the odd element?

window mode.... LOL. Yeah me and saberian did talk about that... although we both deleted the mod - and told the rest of the clan to do the same.... so we couldnt' test wether it would be possibe for guys to do so....... very handy though eh?   Wink But having it on your desktop? suicide.

So you use the options.xml to switch to window mode - but im not aware of how you can switch back... without having to quit GHR (dosn't read the .xml file again untill you start up.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Nova

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2003, 03:29:33 pm »

there is no ules thats says: u are not allowed to have the files on your desktop!

its easy for u guys to say: he has these files on his desk, he plays in WM and can switch the files......
i didnt know that its possible to switch when ure playing.
i never tried it. why, coz the rle says:no FSNV in cbs, and thats why i dont use it in cbs, but i use it when i play around....

why 10later!??
i had some probs with ghr before, and thus i copied my options.xml file, so i dont have to adjust all my options in a game....
1) i had to search it, coz i dont have this file on my desk.
2) i replaced tthe one in the data folder (while ghr was not open)
3) i opende it again and made a "multiplayer" game, fo myself to see if this happens again.
4) yes it happend again----->quit ghr----->deleted all files which are not necessary in the data foler (unlock mission/unock ero and so on)
5) copied the options.xml again into the directory....
6) opened ghr again, strated a mp game, and it seemed like it was fixed
7) i get back into the cb room

and these 7 steps took 10minutes....
and if ure thinking that im cheaten......
ok, im so far that i never mind if u are thinking this about me......
im just playing. i wanna have good cbs, thats all.....

say what u want, i wont mind any more

BattleTekSquad:
to be continued...
BTs_JokaKutiHuti
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2003, 03:38:45 pm »

No no no dr. no....the FSNV thing is dead and burried and you got away clean, do you actually want me to make the screenshots public..or more public than they are now  Smiley

Anyway..this is not about if nova uses FSNV or not...its about if we get a redo over the last game or not.

For those who can actually contribute something to this thread, plz continue...

btw...nova

"Players will be the same....without me this time, cause i only would have played coz joka had to go (was it joka?!?)"

Nope i wasent there, but i would be more than pleased if I could be in the redo if there will be a such

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2003, 03:49:45 pm »

Guys,

this issue isn't easy to solve. Well I'll try.

1.) Nova came in as a sub because one BT player had to leave, right!?

2.) Nova crashed twice after getting killed. The game while the first crash wasn't counted by BT neither n, right!?

3.) The second game where Nova was killed, and then crashed with his texture problem, was counted by N and would have finished the cb!?

4.) No other BT was available at this time to sub for Nova, right!?

My current conclusion(not final): The rules don't say anything about that you have to repeat a game if you have texture problems. Most clans agree to repeat the game. The rules are only about crashes. Obviously after the first crash n and BT repeated the game. However this thread bases on the texture problems of Nova and in the 2nd game Nova died before he crashed. So I concentrate on the texture problems that obviously caused Nova's problems.

Nova couldn't fix his texture problem and no other player could be traded for him so if I see it correctly BT had only two choices: to risk to play with Nova or to continue the cb 2vs3 because no other sub was in GameRanger and rules say you have to finish a cb once started.

BT played with Nova in the hope that he has fixed his problems. He didn't and died and further crashed. n won this game.

I would count this win simply because it wouldn't have changed the outcome - BT could play 2vs3 or with Nova who died. So if point 1 - 4 is true |n| gets the win of this cb!

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads