*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:28:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blue or Gold team selection  (Read 2993 times)
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« on: September 25, 2002, 04:09:24 am »

Well the current rule is the clan not hosting gets to choose the insertions and the map, but in PC world we had something different which to me seems better.

Team A. vs. Team B.

One team hosts the entire match. (I find it much easier this way)

Team B chooses the map.

Team A chooses the insertion.

I find this better because then people couldn't just be beaten because of the insertion. For instance Storage Depot. Many people complain about this so just changing who picks the insertion might solve this because it's like if they chose a map you can counter.Well I just found this system easier. I do not think host advantage is that big, I haven't seen that a lot.

Just a suggestion.... maybe even for a poll

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2002, 06:18:42 am »

The diffrence, is that us mac people like to find every cheap little thing that we can work into our advantage, thats why we want equal hosts which I guess is fair. Secondly, the thing about inserts wouldn't work well, since there are some inserts like Chalet Gaurdhouse, that are very uneven. Personaly, I like the system as it is right now.[/color

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2002, 06:48:53 pm »

being able to choose the inserts could do some good.
For instance a few people from my clan can't host so if we cbed someone else it would have to be all 10 games on theirs. However it seems to me that whenever that happens the hosting clan gets angry halfway through and tries to pic their own maps on their host.
I think if there was a insertion rule it wouldn't make the host likely to do that, plus it would bring atention to the rule about hosts and maps since so many ignore it.
Typhy, if the guest was a wuss about the insert thing they could choose maps that have 1 set of inserts like depot. As for the gaurd house insert, its alot easyer than you think with some stratagy and coordination.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2002, 12:53:34 am »

Yea, and also no one would complain about rapids host. I hear about that all the time.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Bondo
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2002, 01:18:20 am »

Hmm, first off, we require random insertions so I don't know what this talk of choosing them is about.

Secondly Jeb, if one clan hosts all the game due to the other's inability to host, they still get to choose map and color for five of the games.  You still count as the host for half the games even if they are hosting all by your agreement.

Thirdly, host advantage is perhaps the most crucial part to RS...it above all else needs to be even so I don't support any plan that only has one clan host.
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2002, 01:23:59 am »

I find this better because then people couldn't just be beaten because of the insertion. For instance Storage Depot. Many people complain about this so just changing who picks the insertion might solve this because it's like if they chose a map you can counter.Well I just found this system easier.

In my opinion we should just ban Storage Depot from the bl.

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2002, 02:52:08 am »

Lol especially in Storage Depot both insertions have its advantages for example if you start in the large shack near the door you can always rush out of the shack and hide in the barrels and cover you mates rushing the small shack.

Storage Depot isn't unfair once you played it alot on both sides.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2002, 03:18:20 am »

Well it's whats most complained about so I tried to suggest a solution.... f word.

~ Einstein
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2002, 03:22:11 am »

The diffrence, is that us mac people like to find every cheap little thing that we can work into our advantage

Which is exactly the reason why you faggots went and got 3rd person banned.

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
Bondo
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2002, 04:46:40 am »

Ult, let it go.  It is the decision of the BL to adopt this rule and you're just going to have to live with it or not, but either way you should stop whining.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2002, 07:56:30 am »

Well Ult, I think that could be acuratly refered to the other way as thirrd person being one of those cheap things, don't bring me into this, I'm sure sure, but I do belive that I voted in favor of third person simply because it's part of the game.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2002, 12:17:10 am »

Lol especially in Storage Depot both insertions have its advantages for example if you start in the large shack near the door you can always rush out of the shack and hide in the barrels and cover you mates rushing the small shack.

Storage Depot isn't unfair once you played it alot on both sides.

LIES!  If you play a clan that has actually set something up and knows what they are doing, like a KoS, it is physically impossible to win on Gold from teh depot.  I've played the level an extremely large amount of times, even with the things I've found out it would still be impossible to beat good players coming out of blue.  Besides, go ahead, run out the door, get shot out the window by the person covering for Gold.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2002, 03:42:30 am »

Storage Depot is easily beatable from Gold, while one of the hardest inserts, a little diversion mixed with SA and HB Jammers is very effective, I was forced to beat Xoclipse 4 in a row from there,  it's not easy, but once you get into it, it is doable, even against great players.

Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2002, 10:25:36 am »

gold on depot is probly my best insert on any map in RS.
Its not to hard to take the ditch from gold...
not to mention if you burst outa the door quick enough you can shoot down the line of blues rusing the warehouse.

Mauti, i'm curious why 3rd person needed to be banned? Was there some event that trigered a backlash against 3rd person that i missed? I've never been in a cb where 3rd person presented a problem, either by myself or the other team. Like the old phase, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

But shit, i'm the guy  who camps when the host bans c4, just to spite them. Same with 3rd person being off and pdw.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2002, 12:14:38 pm »

3rd person was banned because several clans asked for it I only said I'll put up a poll and the community should decide because in the first season I forced 3rd person after the poll was hacked but we had the same discussion. Maybe it appears that nothing is broken however it was broken in the 1st season now I try to fix it in the 2nd season.

However I hope for myself that the clans that use 3rd person show all others that it has nothing to do with 3rd person when they win.

The reasons for voting against 3rd person were: camping(never heard about that problem in a BL season cb), it is simple cheap(not a real argument, we are playing a tactical  egoshooter, unfair competition(scanning open areas)

The reasons for myself to ban 3rd person were that 59percent(at all we had 91valid votes) wanted it off and also many other PC leagues have banned 3rd person so I'll try it this season that way.

I am pretty sure that many of us used it to watch open areas and check corners so at all I am excited how the 3rd person ban influences the gameplay and cb results. Just try something new.

Regards,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Bondo
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2002, 03:00:43 pm »

I am pretty sure that many of us used it to watch open areas and check corners so at all I am excited how the 3rd person ban influences the gameplay and cb results.

Isn't this what they put the lean button in for? Wink

And to think I find the lean button as too much of a hassle.

Anyways I agree with Mauti, even if you think third person should be allowed, don't think of it as a bad thing but rather a different thing that it won't be used.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2002, 10:25:11 pm »

Seeing how there are diverse opinions could there possibly be a poll?

~ Einstein
Bondo
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2002, 11:20:47 pm »

Tell me what question specifically and what options you'd want and we'll see if it makes sense to have a poll.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2002, 11:34:00 pm »

Whether to just have one clan host and to have the team who didnt choose the map choose the blue or gold team.

~ Einstein
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2002, 11:42:13 pm »

gold on depot is probly my best insert on any map in RS.

Really Jeb?  If that's so why did you chose the blue insert in all the cbs?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads