*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:21:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN (Moderators: *DAMN Mauti, BFG)
| | |-+  Rainbow Who? Rogue Huh?  INFILTRATION RULES!!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rainbow Who? Rogue Huh?  INFILTRATION RULES!!  (Read 2657 times)
*DAMN Croonerb
« on: May 20, 2001, 07:17:08 pm »

Let me start by saying I HATE UT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT I HATE IT. However the Infiltration Mod is AMAZING! and the newest version due out within a couple days has my mouth watering! Besides realistic weps with NO RETICLUES! It allows for cool motion like diving on your belly at first contact and hold your breath to steady a sniper scope. I know for many of you this is old hat but man we should really be a presence in the Infiltration world I think *DAMN's team mentality would do well there.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2001, 07:29:47 am »

lol then we should also try to be good in TacOps ! it's not as realistic as Inf, but cool too Smiley

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2001, 10:24:28 am »

First I really love Rainbow Six and I also like RS(especially single player and coop). No other game caught my attention more than Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six. May the graphics aren't the best they are even average but the motions, sounds, boundkeys and proportions of buildings and objects are superiour over every egoshooter out to date. I started to play ?egoshooters with the Playstation game Medal of Honor and continued to play the demos of Quake3 and UT on my iMac. But ?UT and Quake3 became boring mainly because you dont know many people and often you even dont  know if you play against humans or bots but in R6 everything was others...
--------
So far my general statement. May Infilitration would fit to *DAMNs mentality but I dislike these R6/RS alike mods as TAcOps and infilatration are. The motions are far below R6 and RS! May these mods have other advantages(as  Croonerb described) but I don't think that I will start to play other games than R6 and RS. Why? I feel myself at home in the R6 community and for me R6 is the best multiplayer game ever. No other egoshooter, even the R6 replica Half Life Counterstrike, forced ?teamplay as strong as R6! For me it is the best mp game, all my friends are playing it, I also think it is important to rule one game, or series of a game, before you start to proceed to the next game!
But of course I won't prevent you from playing Infilitration but *DAMN stays R6/RS because I simple dislike all R6/RS replicas and clones. I am missing atmosphere....
---------
No further comment.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2001, 10:48:37 am »

yeah that's the problem with UT: no community (or hardly), and it is and will ever be a massively multiplayer ego-shooter. although you can play UT with GR, there are very few people. hm maybe we could set up a dedicated UT server with Inf, TacOps and StrikeForce only for *DAMNs - maybe sometime in the future.. but no lets just say: *DAMN HAS TO RULE RS AND R6!!! So, when GR is back up, we have to do a few clanbattles (against RAIN for example) and RULE the Battleleague.

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2001, 03:23:56 pm »

Roll Eyes

Wait!   Don't forget SKUL!  Maybe DAMN will let SKUL be #2 in the battle league   Huh

That would be nice  Embarrassed

< insert clever and original signature here >
*DAMN Postal Worker
*DAMN [SF]

Why don't you make like a tree...and get the fuck

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2001, 12:19:55 pm »

What with all this talk about UT and the Infil. mods...I may just have to look into buying this game.  Hmm.  But hey...you couldnt drag me away from playing a game of RS with my friends.  I still love R6...one of the best games to date.  I just can't help getting a tingling feeling every time I hear "Tango Down!" over the comm.  

*DAMN Postal Worker
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2001, 07:00:16 am »

I just ?Roll Eyes Infilitration for few hours and I start to like it! It is somehow cool and realistic. May we can play it just for fun in GR (It runs excellent in 1024*768/16Bit/medium/medium) and 800*600 with max settings. Nevertheless I think R6 and R6 are better team games. In the last few hours I always walked alone somewhere on a gigantic map. I missed the boundkeys too. General I like Infilitration more than Tactical Ops because it tries to be more an own product that bases on R6 ?instead of copying Counterstrike. Well that doesn't change anything that *DAMN will currently be a R6/RS clan only but yeah some games Inf would be cool especially if GR is down ?Embarrassed ?Grin

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2001, 12:26:34 pm »

Ok.....I know you're all going to laugh at me for this, but please remember I'm still somewhat of a newbie when it comes to R6/RS etc.  I'm a very talkative newbie (190 posts!) but I'm still a newbie Grin

Ok, my question is, What are Infiltration, Counterstrike, UT, and TacOps?  Are these all somehow related to Rogue Spear?  Because I dont' have that yet.  Someone please explain.  And try not to laugh too hard at me  Wink

Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2001, 06:32:07 pm »

***laughs hard at loud

ut is unreal tournament (its a game like the quake series)

tacops and infiltration are ut mods which give realistic weapons and are more like r6/rs

counterstrike is a mod for the pc game half-life... counterstrike also has real life weapons and is similar to r6/rs in gameplay

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2001, 01:04:11 pm »

thanks man Grin

Now I will go  Tongue in shame

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: