*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:41:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  MP Bound Messages
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MP Bound Messages  (Read 2253 times)
Mr_Fooz

Im Canadian, eh?

« on: November 21, 2001, 04:19:14 pm »

How can I upload my own MP bound messages?  Also, how can I get some funny accents or distortions on them?  Lastly, how do I use the MP Message chooser in the RS options?  Is there a way to sample the messages?
Thanks
Mr. Fooz Wink
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
ChRiS_-_ViRuS

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2002, 05:16:54 pm »

I cant help u Fooz but im trying to figure it out 4 quite a while now Sad ive tried adding sound files(exactly the same type as the other RS sounds) in the sounds/english directory and link them to my boundmsges trough the boundkey.txt. but i dont hear sound in the game ofcourse other people wont hear it cause they dont have the file but at least i should hear it right? arg.. im running out of possibileties  Sad
It cant be that hard can it?...
well i hope someone can reply and give an explanation or link to an explanation.
Tnx, Chris.
{G.B.] Stryker ?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2002, 01:40:10 pm »

You are able to get the sound files working by setting something called an "MP Key" in the "Remap Key's" option under communications. There is a option called "Send MP Bound Key".  Bind the key that you want, then doing the way that you originaly did it by holding down that key, and hitting the message you want.  I havnt been able to get it to work on the full version of RSUO, only the demo for some dumb ass reason.  GL with it man

Stryker ?
Godfather - RnT

Buy a pentium 4 and reboot faster.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2002, 01:17:22 pm »

Bounds, many of us have russian bounds, and they can hear them properly, but others can't. What the problem is, is that many ppl are copying original russian sound files into rm_dnsajkdsa files, changed. That mean that you are enabled 2 hear what u say, but others aren't, that is becoz of the fact that other haven't got the new rm_dfnsajkdsa file. So, in order to get the russian files 2 be heard, u have 2 select the exact same name. 1 problem tho is that u can only select RM files in options menu. So u have 2 do it manually. In RS data, there is a folder called mods, data and users folder. open the last folder, user folder and look for boundkey.txt. Probably the first file in the folder when viewed by name. Then open it and link the correct/exact bound from there and not a modified, home made RM file. If everything is ok it should work.

- [R]Godfather -

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 10:43:06 pm »

well for pcs there is something called galleos mp keys which let u all kinds of cool sound files. check www.rsmod.com mb it works for makes too. or try www.planetrainbowsix.com

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads