*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 08:04:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Forum spam
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forum spam  (Read 2107 times)
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« on: July 25, 2002, 08:35:30 pm »

I am starting this thread, which could be considered spam, to counter the problem of spam on this forum.  It has gotten far out of control.

Being away from the forum a mere 24 hours means sifting through 2 full pages of topics.  That's ridiculous.

Moderators, either start cracking down much harder than you are, or relinquish your powers.

In the meantime, let this thread be the holding spot for forum garbage.  All of you, specifically SK, Brain, Typhy, Rapid, Bondo, myself, and any other excessively frequent poster use more restraint.  When you feel you absolutely must post something, do it here.

Examples:  

"Mauti's icon is cool"
"bah"
"I told you so"
"what a stupid post..."

If something references a thread, just state the name here instead of trashing that thread.

Examples:

who do you wub - "I wub myself"
new admin - "why did you lock this"
new admin - "you are an idiot here's why (list)"

Do you get the idea?  Let's make these forums enjoyable instead of a mountain that everyone hates to sift through.

Until the problem is resolved, I also suggest that moderators keep this topic active at the front.  This can be accomplished easily by posting once and then deleting your post.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

< insert clever and original signature here >
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 08:41:28 pm »

Great example there Rapid!

Especially the 8-10 wasted lines....

Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 10:16:51 pm »

Loud, I felt exactly the same way you did. Between the time I went to bed last night and when I got home from work today, new topics were all the way to the second page, something I had never seen before. Part of this is just a general increase in forum activity. I have noticed a lot more people on the forums than before. But definitely the spam is getting out of control. Hell, I made a post warning about it yesterday and it's been buried to page two already. Don't jump on the mods just yet. We just got two new guys who probably aren't too sure yet of what exactly is good to delete and what isn't. I try to do my best, but when a whole page of new topics comes up in the time I sleep and work, there isn't much I can do. I just went on a little deleting binge and I'm ready for more, so don't push me *looks at SK, Rapid, et al*

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Bondo
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 11:17:54 pm »

bah, my bah post was deleted despite Loud saying this is where to say bah.
cookie

still tippin'

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 11:49:46 pm »

I apologize here and now for whatever spam-crimes i have committed.

The things that will destroy us are politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice.  ---
Gandhi

Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot, hoes all on me.
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2002, 11:55:50 pm »

Ace, you're right...I was a little too harsh on the moderators.  It's the general post-spamming low-life scum that I really should be after  Cool

Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2002, 09:21:04 am »

Yea, I think that at least one of my multipage attacks on SK got nuked by ace as he want on his massive moderating spree.

I'll try to cut down on my posting and poor attempts at assing SK.
Sorry for any spam too.

Loud,
i just want to remind everyone who moved my thread about mauti's icon into general gossip. You are as guilty as me for that spam.

p.s. In response to ppl who say I respond to everything. I just read a whole page of threads, and this was the only one I made.
So there.

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2002, 10:57:50 am »

Alright - Brain, Roy and Loud I gave you three moderator power to get the current situation under control. You both are very often online so I think you can help out the current mods. Ace I think you can need help against this mass of spammers, don't you. Loud and Roy if you don't want the job just drop me a line and Ill remove your rights again but Brain you wanted to be a mod now you are one but that doesn't give you the right to spam. Your posts can also be deleted. Also if I note that you don't stop to spam you are out again - No senseless short posts or questions. Any questions? - No, fine!

Guys you have full power also I got a private message from Hazard with suggestions to keep up the forum quality: You can warn people for spamming after the third warn or so I'll ban the person from the forum for one week. May you make a own thread where you warn spammer. Also don't hesitate to warn also *DAMNs who spam very much.

If the thread is total bs you can delete it but at all I would prefer it when you just lock it.

Bye,

Mauti - and don't forget to leave a note if you modify someones post.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2002, 01:12:40 pm »

done done and done. As for you Brain, don't start spamming just because you now had mod powers.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2002, 01:20:36 pm »

OK i know a little bit of my posts were retarded...

But most of my posts were ontopic and they had something to do with the thred

I know i post alot but is that considerd spamming Huh Huh Huh Huh

*DAMN Silent Killer

Qotes of the week!
?TF6*Kilzo!: I just watched sk own him, and typhy gave up
WeaSelFlinK
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2002, 12:44:13 pm »

I know i post alot but is that considerd spamming?

Hehe, depends on what you post. Staying on-topic should do you the trick.

Oh, and go easy on the emoticons, SK. I think they're considered a spam, aren't they?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads