*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:38:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2. Next step: clan module  (Read 5724 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: February 08, 2009, 12:03:35 pm »

Hi,

as written yesterday everything to add and setup a season and ladder is finished. So what's still missing:

1. clan module: create a clan, add members, join ladders, create rosters, assign clan member permissions,...
2. news module: post news, news for different categories, also used so members and clans can post messages
2.1 rule module: post rules and assign them to ladders, seasons, general stuff etc. and tag them with keywords so e.g. the settings rules can be dynamically showed on the ladder page
3. cb and ranking module: the last one before the *DBL 2.0 can go online: submit clanbattles, calculate rankings and show rankings

Today I gonna start with the clan module. For the initial release the functions are probably very simple and to the point as described above, but as soon as the *DBL is running I want to upgrade the functionality so the *DBL clan page can replace any clan website. It should be your clan's home. There you can post public and private clan news have your own forum part, maybe even customize the colors and layout and much more. But let's start with the simple things.

Cya,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 01:23:16 am »

Today I got not that much done. I felt tired and unconcentrated. I need some sleep!

Clan overview page, clan search, and clan creation have been finished. Tomorrow I should be done with this module. Btw are 3 clan permission classes enough? Like in the *DBL 1: clan leader, who could do everything, war admins, who could do all beside changing permission groups and recruiting members, and members who couldn't change anything.

With regard to this any wishes? You have 10 hours left before it is coded in stone ;-)

Good night,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 11:31:43 am »

Another morning, another update:

About the permissions: I just extended the current permission system so it can handle different permissions from different modules and not just the main modules.

Otherwise today I fixed some issues with improper encoded HTML chars from user submitted data.

The next update will hopefully be about the done clan module ;-)

since 13th June 2000
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 05:09:56 pm »

When do you expect to be completely done and have the new *DBL up and running?

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 12:17:49 am »

I don't dare to say a date yet. Clan module is still not finished. The usability and layout caused me headaches today. After that the only really big module that needs to be finished is the ranking module. Then I have to clean up the code and do a final debugging round and private testing with Elandrion, before I upload it to the server and prepare everything for launch. So maybe in a few weeks we will discuss rules and promotion instead of module progress ;-)

Good night after another 10 hours coding day,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 10:41:40 am »

Hey Mauti  Wink

Wow, talk about kicking a dead horse and bringing it back to life! this is looking pretty coolio. Um, one wee little problem, we need peoples lol. I play cod4 now. I wonder if we can muster up some oldies along with some PC folk to get this party rocking!

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 10:53:25 am »

Hi Tigah, I also hope we get more than enough people, especially there are a few things I haven't seen on any other ladders. At least GameRanger has been much more crowed since its PC release? But although the User online number shows a much higher count I don't see much more people in the public chat rooms. Where are all the people nowadays?
I also hope to play a few CoD4 games with you. I really like this game and it even runs faster than Ghost Recon on my MBP! But first I have to finish this.

Sos lets see how it will work out. I only know for sure that I gonna yours and everyone else's  help to make it a great place for clanbattles again,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 04:27:55 am »

But although the User online number shows a much higher count I don't see much more people in the public chat rooms. Where are all the people nowadays?

Now that the public chat rooms are not mandatory for people to join, the number of people in them is alot less than how many are online.

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 12:36:29 am »

@ Monoman: Yes I know, but I don't see much more open game rooms. So what are these people doing?

However finally another update:

The clan module is done! The requirement of more features than originally thought and some form hacking security issues kept me working and working. I also did some debugging here and there.

So what's in it:

The clan main page shows your current members. Some general stats, all your signed up ladders(with stats like rank, won - lost cbs, current streak, etc...).

Beside that you have a clan member management page where you can invite members, change permissions, and accept or reject member applications.

Then there is a roster management page where you can create your team roster, which is required to join any ladder. Team rosters have been discussed here: http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10231.0 . I know there are a lot of pro and contra but I just wanted to add the possibility from the beginning. You can set a roster limit at the ladder settings. So not all ladders might have one. But beside that the roster feature checks also that a clan has the minimum number of players before joining a ladder. So no more 1 man clans in a 4vs4 ladder ;-)

As I have written in another post you can join as many clans as you want, but not be in two rosters for the same ladder. Without the roster feature it would be much more difficult to avoid that a player plays accidently for two clans at the same ladder.

Further if you are a multi game clan only players that actually play the game are shown in the roster selection.

I also have added a  built in anti clan hopping feature. A season has a registration and season period. Both might overlap or even be the same, but usually the sign up period will end a few weeks after a season started. As long as the registration period is active you can change a clan/roster without any troubles, however as soon as the registration period is over you can only switch roster members with members that have joined your clan for at least one week. Of course there are some obvious workarounds but it will prevent spontaneous clan hopping in e.g. a tournament as soon as a clan has been knocked out and members form a kind of allstar team.

The ladder management panel is pretty much forward. You can sign up or retire from all seasons with open sign up. If the sign up has been closed you can only retire.

Last but not least as soon as you have created a roster you will be automatically added to the overall ranking of a ladder. The overall ladder is always open and all season and event results will be sumed up.

Also a tracking module for the player and clan dashboards has been implemented(but doesn't show up yet on the pages). All actions like rejecting a membership application, deleting a roster, joining a clan, etc... will be tracked and in the future shown in a "Recent Activity" window. The module also differs between log and "historic" events. Log events will be deleted after 24 hours but historic events, like member X joined your clan, or you have won the season Y will stay. So you can take a look at all important events from your clan anytime.

So for the moment the clan module is done. Once I have finished the other last two modules I also gonna add and show:

A news page(where you can also post clanonly notes),
Recent clanbattles
Next arranged cbs together with new challenges, etc.

Tomorrow I gonna post another update with my next todos.

Until then good night,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 10:55:06 pm »

I added some improvements today(will be uploaded to the sneak peak soon)

.) You can always delete yourself from any clan you are signed up. No involvement from clanleaders or admins are required anymore.

.) Admins can handle all tasks from a clanleader including sign ups and helping out with roster management. The only thing they can't do is accessing private clan messages and news(not done yet).

since 13th June 2000
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads