*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:31:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It's about time - *DBL starting early 2009  (Read 7142 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: December 24, 2008, 10:44:00 am »

To make it short: on september this year I started from scratch and the *DBL will finally start again early 2009. So stand by for more news and clanbattles.

*DAMN Battle League

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
ApexMods

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 10:59:03 am »

Great news!  Man, this really feels like Christmas!  Thanks so much, Mauti, for all your efforts!!!  Smiley

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke, Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents (1770)
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 06:25:20 pm »

It would be nice to see CoD4 added to the league and play clan battles thru Gameranger Smiley  I think *NRG and [a] are the only 2 clans on Gameranger that actually have enough players with the game to clan battle.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 11:50:44 am »

Good man... Whats the Deal with games like GhR and RvS these days - are there active clans still and regular games? I feel just a touch out of touch!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 11:21:45 am »

Of course the *DBL won't start with only old games like GhR and RvS. CoD4 is a must have and I also would like to offer all games people want to play competitively.

PC players are more than welcome.

@ BFG: Of course the release is late, very late, however I think there is still a demand for true challenges and clanbattles. I also hope that PC players will like the familiar host setup in GameRanger.

What I have seen so far from CoD4 is that there are also very small maps(e.g. Killhouse) that could be used for a CQB ladder with only 2vs2 or 3vs3 but of course CoD4 is best played with at least 6vs6 up to 12vs.12

since 13th June 2000
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 09:16:22 pm »

There's a GHR PC League over at www.ghostleague.net.  They have 20 clans participating in Season 2 which begins 1st week of January.  A lot of players from Gameranger are joining together to form a *GR* roster to compete in the league.  We're trying to get as many players as possible.  Maybe we should ask them to come over and join the DBL for Ghr Clan Battles.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 09:17:55 pm by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 05:28:33 pm »

Hold on one cotton picking momento there - 20 clans... GHR? Flipping eck so if i find a copy of GHR to run under bootcamp there is a whole world of GhR games still going on?

... and there was me thinking it was all over and i was going to have to get on with little pesky things like earning a living and such like Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 12:08:52 am »

Just look at www.ghostleague.net on the right side, they have 20 clans for season 2. lol.  *GR* is the Gameranger clan.  I hope we win.  All CBs are pre-scheduled and 5 vs 5 minimum.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 12:12:30 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

ApexMods

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 10:09:11 am »

Good luck with team *GR*, PUNiSHER!  Feels great to see some old school GhR competition going on.  Wish I had the time to join in on the fun.  Kick some butt in the league!   Uzi

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke, Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents (1770)
BonZ

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 04:02:12 pm »

Yay, DBl is finally returning!  Thanks Mauti.  Btw, Can we add CS:S  Smiley?   

Watch Out, Bonz Away!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 08:08:28 pm »

Alright back from my grandmom where internet access is a fremdwort(yes there are still some and it feels great).

During the holidays I got a lot of things done. More about that later.

For the GhR League thing - that's cool. 20 clans are a lot. As soon as the *DBL is ready to go I hope to see some playing here too, but right now it is too early(not that too early, just a bit too early) to invite anyone.

@ Bonz: all games are welcome, as long as enough people are around and some people have good ideas for rules, etc.

Cya later,

Mauti
ps.: fremdwort == foreign word

since 13th June 2000
Tin

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 07:01:18 pm »

Good to see *DBl 2.0 back on track.

I'd love to play GhR again and see those PC teams play by the *dbl rule set. Wink
However, I can't imagine playing more recent games through GameRanger. You just can't host CoD4 or CS:S on a private line and get a good performance. I can only see the *DBL becoming a successful multigaming platform without GameRanger. From a PC players point of view GR is more or less a fancy IRC Client that can only connect to one server and has no private channels. But the truth is, GR cannot compete with IRC. IRC has too many handy features and is too popular anyway. People won't want to host their own games, leaving GhR, AoE and RvS aside, and won't want to use a totally unkown application to get their CWs.

tin

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:21:18 pm by Tin » Logged
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 09:04:49 pm »

The *DBL will be for Macs and PC and every platform where the demand is high enough.

I think GameRanger is still a good and useful thing and should be supported but it won't be a must use. At all I think it is much better for gaming than any IRC client but I haven't tried out the PC version yet. However I also want to add a few web based communication features directly on the *DBL page. So you can leave IP addresses for clanmates, etc.

About hosting: I think that completely depends on the game, e.g. hosting a 2vs2 Cod4 CQB cb should be no problem, but of course everyone gonna prefer a good dedicated host.

since 13th June 2000
Stripes - ViRuS

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 12:25:18 am »

This is very good news.
You can add V to the COD4 clans, we are working on to be more active and you will see us more on gameranger from now on.

I do agree with Tin though, and there is still a lot of advertising to do. Maybe we could ask Evill to put up a banner on gameranger, so people would enter the site and check it out.

Thanks for your work Mauti.

Stripes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads