*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:28:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Recommendation: Rainbow Six - Vegas
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Recommendation: Rainbow Six - Vegas  (Read 1524 times)
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« on: July 27, 2007, 02:56:27 am »

Hey, folks. Long time no see. Alaric, Brain, and I picked up R6: Vegas for Windows recently, and it's amazing. It captures much more of the feel of Rogue Spear than any of the other sequels in the series, and is also fun as hell. It's an UbiSoft Montreal production, and Red Storm's name is nowhere to be seen. In other words, it doesn't suck (amazingly enough). It's based on the Unreal Engine 3, so it looks excellent and performs well even on machines that don't quite meet the required specs.

The best part is, apparently nobody's buying it, so the price was recently dropped to $20. Grab it while you can (gamestop.com is a good bet), and come and say "hi" to us. We miss our old shooting buddies. : )

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 07:54:15 pm »

Do you guys use xfire?

If so what are your screen names.  I don't play R6:Vegas that much anymore, but if I see you guys on, I'll come check you out.  Also, consider GRAW2 as well. Great game.

Here are some posts on Vegas:http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10680.0
& GRAW2:http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10716.0

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 08:22:51 am »

Heh, now that I read the older Vegas post, I remember reading it before. Every repost is a repost repost, I guess.

No, we don't use XFire, mainly because I don't think any of us have heard of it. I'll look into it.

But yeah, everybody with a halfway decent gaming rig, PC or Intel Mac, needs to pick this up and come play with us. It's all the awesome of RS, distilled into a pure, drinkable essence.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 08:48:07 pm »

It's weird that I'd say it about a R6 series game, but I almost like Vegas more with a console controller than I do with windows when I'm playing it. And let me know your xfire name and we'll see if we're ever on to play at the same time... I usually play Battlefield 2 when I am booted into windows for games.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 06:12:01 am »

My XFire is mrlothario. Or Mr. Lothario... I'm not sure how this works quite yet.

mesa
BL Staff

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 06:00:58 pm »

yoyo,

ive been playing a lot of GRAW lately, I havent got GRAW 2 yet -- going to wait on that one.  But, I'm down with some Vegas.  I'll be playing it more.  user xfire: mesafff    aka Dr.Mesa.fff!

Later

RVS FOR LIFE!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads