*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:30:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!)
| | |-+  PC Game Centre
| | | |-+  GR:AW 2 Announced
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GR:AW 2 Announced  (Read 483731 times)
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« on: January 18, 2007, 05:01:00 pm »

I know this is a "Mac Gaming" thread, but since Tom Clancy MP gaming is pretty much in a coma for the Mac, I figure I'll post here for all you Tom Clancy fans.

2 things.  First...GR:AW Patch v 1.35 was finally released a few months ago.  The long over due patch was finally released, and it fixed all the MP issues that were well overdue.  Too bad the game lost steam because it took so long for the patch release, but regardless, the game is f'n sweet.  If any of you have tried it in the past, do yourself a favor and update it and try it again. Well worth it.

GR:AW 2 is planned for a release on PC sometime in March 07.

Info and ss's here:

http://www.attackforcez.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=12115#12115

http://www.attackforcez.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=12118#12118

Enjoy.

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 01:19:08 am »

We wanted to recover the “recon” in “Ghost Recon”, the producer Nouredine Abboud says.

As soon as i read that my heart missed a beat! If they bring back the wilderness the weather systems, the cover the grass, the water etc etc, if they truely bring back the 'sneaky little bastard' element of GhR then this game is going to have me hooked!... but ONLY if it isn't an 'arcade' point and click, pray and spray.

I'll have my Mac Pro by the release date, i hope to god this game does exactly what so many of us wanted - bring the original GhR upto date with the greatest graphics and gameplay without destroying what made GhR such a great game!

WOW:

http://www.gamebrink.com/playstation-3/2302-Tom_Clancys_Ghost_Recon_Advanced_Warfighter_2-video-5.html

http://www.gamebrink.com/playstation-3/2302-Tom_Clancys_Ghost_Recon_Advanced_Warfighter_2-video-4.html

Only thing is - i don't see enough trees, i don't see enough grass... i want forests and i just see hot deserts!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 01:35:25 am by BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 03:57:22 am »

As soon as i read that my heart missed a beat! If they bring back the wilderness the weather systems, the cover the grass, the water etc etc, if they truely bring back the 'sneaky little bastard' element of GhR then this game is going to have me hooked!... but ONLY if it isn't an 'arcade' point and click, pray and spray.

Only thing is - i don't see enough trees, i don't see enough grass... i want forests and i just see hot deserts!

I think the reason you only see desert type maps is because the game takes place in Mexico City.  I will never like this game until they change it so it doesn't feel like your running with cement boots on.  It kind of feels like your a robot.
Also they don't allow you to shoot your gun while running.  I know its unlikely that you will have good accuracy shooting and running but you should still have the option to do it.

They should of took the original Ghr and kept everything the way it was but made the graphics alot better and added some new gameplay options, then all the old school Ghr players would of loved this game.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 09:48:01 am »

to be fair you couldn't really do it in GHR1 - try running and firing accuratly - inpossible. You had the option to 'spray' but other than use ammo up it was uless so i don't mind that.
What i mind is that in terms of weaponry it looks a a bit 'spray like' but that might just be the console. And as you said - its in mexico - its baren and i miss the lushness and vegitation of GhR 1 -

Afterall it was the trees the bush's the grass - maps like river crossing, wilderness which made it truely RECON - Camoflague was inportant - not being seen was inportant, silencers were inportant... need i go on Wink

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 10:08:54 pm »

THe game on the PC is alot better than it gets credit for. Yes its different, but IMHO its much better.  UBI dropped the ball on the PC side by forcing the developers to rush an unrefined game out.Yes it takes some getting use to, but in the end it is well worth the effort. There are a few things that are better in GR1, like the vegtetation, but the location of where the game takes place just doesn't incorporate that.   Hopefully it is added.

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 11:32:28 pm »

Cell can i ask, are there MoD packs for GRAW? - i mean could they in theory release an Island thunder style mission/map pack for GRAW? Is there a community of map and game modders etc?

Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 07:48:41 am »

Cell can i ask, are there MoD packs for GRAW? - i mean could they in theory release an Island thunder style mission/map pack for GRAW? Is there a community of map and game modders etc?

Yes, there are already alot of mods being made. Also GRIN, the developer of GRAW, is very active in helping out the modding community.

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 04:21:05 pm »

Yes.

GhostRecon.net is a great fansite for all things GR.

For GR:AW dl's
http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=category&id=26

Another great site is

http://www.shadowcompanyelite.com

They have a great map modder over there.  Probably responsible for 90% of the custom maps.  SCE Fatman.

c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 10:42:39 pm »

silencers were inportant...

Silencers were important so you could shoot out both of your opponents knees and arms, then just keep shooting but not killing him while he's trying to figure out where the hell you're hiding and shooting him from.

Also, they were good for chopping your range down so much you would open up on somebody, forgetting you had on a silencer, and wondering why none of your rounds were hitting. 

SA80 or bust!

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 11:09:22 am »

hehe yeah i used to love that with GhR lone - you could take out every limb and the poor bugger would be limping along unable to run and unable to shoot going "Oh my god where the hell did that come from... why does that bush have a ... urgh"

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 09:55:55 pm »

http://pc.ign.com/articles/758/758355p1.html

c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 10:07:48 am »

Ha "Get ready for the Mexican invasion."

So politically incorrect, I love it.  And now that I've got a halfway decent PC, looking forward to picking this up when it's released, instead of drooling at it from afar on my Mac. clapping hands

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 12:31:51 am »

If GRAW 2 puts the GhR back into the console commandeered series, it will complete the re-establishment of the Tom Clancy games. Vegas dragged the R6-series out of the Raven Shield/Lock Down gutter, and I hope (for those who actually like GhR) that GRAW 2 does the same for the GhR series.

I hope the new Mac Pros come out in the next few weeks so I can get to playing Vegas on the Windows side of the boot and start playing games again.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 02:49:54 am »

You and me both Myst... im currently holding out for a 20'th of Feb date... doublt it will happen - knowing my luck then won't do anything til WWDC.

Ha "Get ready for the Mexican invasion."

What? Weakspot has been here for ages allready! Wink

mesa
BL Staff

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 07:39:59 pm »

Cool! GRAW sounds like a fun game.  I plan on joining all you GRAW players soon, currently I'm building a PC so it shouldn't be too much longer.  I'm looking forward to playing some new games, i'm getting burnt out on rvs -- time to move on for a little while.  But, ill still play on GR from time to time.

See ya guys out there!

mesa

RVS FOR LIFE!!
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 09:59:04 pm »

Hey Mesa -    Sniper   sh...sh....sh..pwnt!   I bet your still feeling that headshot I delivered you last night.  That M82 .50 cal sniper bullet will do some damage.  Get your ass on TS so I can taunt you...f'r.   For anyone interested.....if you see me on Xfire, and want to get on comms in game, I'm usually parked at:
http://www.attackforcez.com  There is a link in the top right hand corner for TeamSpeak.  We usually have a few playing GRAW, Vegas or BF2 & 2142 in there. Friendly guys, don't be shy...just read the server rules.

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 10:40:11 pm »

I wish I could play but too bad Windows f*ck*d over my computer, 1st it froze up on the desktop everytime I booted it up, now after erasing the entire hard drive and reinstalling Windows I don't get a mouse pointer on the screen.  Microsoft Windows is a f*ck**g virus.

PS:  The virus is gona get you all eventually!!!  Sniper

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 04:13:40 pm »

Almost a year w/ not 1 problem.  Make sure you have your internet security on, and make  sure you are running  anti-virus software.  Plus I'm not sure, but there may have been a firmware update before installing windows??  Either way...like I said a hundred times, when I was using the intel imac for gaming, the Windows install was smooth as silk. 

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 04:26:44 pm »

Bah don't spoil our fun Cell Wink

Cell do u browse the web when your on windows much though and if so what browser do you use? Im guessing your pretty carful?

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 09:56:23 pm »

I use Mozilla Firefox, and often.  I do anything I would normally do on my mac.  I have gotten only one or two spyware prasites in the last year, both times when I had Norton inactive and *cough*cough* accidentally stumbled on a shady website. Shocked Shocked Shocked.  Ran Norton's and cleaned them out.  I do not do anything email related on my PC or XP install on my Mac.  I suspect that where most of the problems come from.  If you have to, try using a web based email, and don't dl anything your unsure of.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads