*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:48:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Al Franken for Senate
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Al Franken for Senate  (Read 1494 times)
Ein

« on: February 01, 2007, 08:00:49 pm »

That's right, the popular comedian Al Franken has announced that he will be running for senate in Minesota. The older generation may remember him from Saturday Night Live where he did the popular Stuart Smiley sketch. He may be known more currently for his Radio/tv talk show "The Al Franken Show" or his several books "Lying Liars" and "The Truth."

However you know him or don't know him, I'd like to ask that you give him your support in the 2008 elections. I personally don't live in Minesota though if I did, he would have my vote. Though a true Democrat, I believe a lot of what he discusses in his books and shows to be intelligent and usually right on.

Keep an eye out and remember "I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And gosh darn it, people like me."

Ein
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 06:28:22 pm by Ein » Logged
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 09:53:49 pm »

Yeah, that's what this country needs, more agenda driven politics.  Huh  Maybe he should just go for all the marbles and run for president with  Janeane Garofalo as his running mate.  stupid

Disappointed there isn't an emoticon of someone vommiting their brains out,

Cell

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 01:16:53 pm »

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Ein

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 02:40:04 pm »

Yeah, that's what this country needs, more agenda driven politics.  Huh  Maybe he should just go for all the marbles and run for president with  Janeane Garofalo as his running mate.  stupid

Cell

What?!?!? People have agendas in politics? Who would have thought. I guess this must have just happened in the last few years, not the last few centuries. I mean who would have thought politics would be political. Get over it. Have you ever read his books? Do you even know his "agenda"? It is in a far different direction than this current Bush crazy train has been going for the last 6 years. Maybe that's what threw you off.

Im not sure where you're going with this comment, Cell. And the Janeane Garofalo one... are you saying an actor should not be a politician? Well you're a little late for that. Reagan was an actor as well as the Govenator and I agree with Al Franken's "political agenda" much more that I do those other actors/politicians. Or is it ok only when it is a republican actor running for office?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 06:18:09 pm by Ein » Logged
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 06:05:54 am »

Cell

What?!?!? People have agendas in politics? Who would have thought. I guess this must have just happened in the last few years, not the last few centuries. I mean who would have thought politics would be political. Get over it. Have you ever read his books? Do you even know his "agenda"? It is in a far different direction than this current Bush crazy train has been going for the last 6 years. Maybe that's what threw you off.

Im not sure where you're going with this comment, Cell. And the Janeane Garofalo one... are you saying an actor should not be a politician? Well you're a little late for that. Reagan was an actor as well as the Govenator and I agree with Al Franken's "political agenda" much more that I do those other actors/politicians. Or is it ok only when it is a republican actor running for office?

Easy buddy, just shooting some sarcasm out there. Yes I know who Al Franken is, and yes I don't agree with his politics, and no that doesn't make me a mis-informed ignoramus.  Al Fraken is a hard lined left winger, not my bag, that doesn't make me a Bush lover.  So because Bush sucks, that automatically makes this guy a great candidate?  Most people who have made it past the 3rd grade know that Ron Reagan was an actor.  The party they represent means nothing. You just need to agree with the issues they are in favor of, and hopefully they are addresed during thier term. I like to keep it in the middle, with no preference for either party.  For me it just seems to be more logical, then I can stick to the real issues.  Regardless, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, didn't intend to be so rough in that last post. Cider
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 06:08:52 am by Cell » Logged

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 05:37:23 pm »

I don't have much to add to the topic besides the fact that, as a minnesotan, my vote will definitely be going for mr Al Franken in the 2008 elections.  On a side note, if any of you ever get the time you should listen to  the Al Franken Show on Air America. http://www.airamerica.com/alfrankenshow/

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 09:32:36 pm »

I think I was in a weird mood the day I stood on my soapbox and bothered with this Al Franken thread.  Basically I have heard him talk a few times...not enough to form a full opinion, but my first impression is that I wasn't on the same page with him politically.  I do find him to be likable and somewhat funny.  And since I don't live in Minnesota and can't vote for him, my 2¢ amounts to a pile of dog shit.    stupid

Ein

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 10:45:43 pm »

I've personally never listened to his radio show but I have seen his show on the sundance channel which broadcasts recodings of his live radio show. While I don't agree with all he says, I see where he is coming from and do agree from time to time. I think he is a bit more honest in his broadcasts than some others out there. *cough*Bill Oriley*cough*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads