*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:38:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Free First Person Shooter...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Free First Person Shooter...  (Read 3702 times)
(SiX)Redbaron

When I enter a room all you see is Red.

« on: October 06, 2006, 11:58:24 am »

Hey folks,

Its been out for a while but what I've come to know is more people don't know about it.
The game is called Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (W:ET). Its a game made by gamers for gamers.
Its got punkbuster so you won't see cheaters, it was also made by legit programmers.
Its doesn't have GameRanger support but there certainly aren't a lack of servers. Also
its Mac/PC compatible, so you can play with your PC friends.

The main reason I've posted this here on the Rainbow 6 forum (aside from the fact that its a first
person shooter), is that there is a full game conversion modification for W:ET, its called True Combat: Elite
and its a Special Ops vs. Terrorists type game. Game modes include Objective (Bomb planting) and Bodycount, which is a team death match (kill the enemy and there are respawns), and the classic game type: Capture the flag.

I highly recommend this game to any of you Raven Shield fans. Its got awesome graphics, its only around 450MB, and its free! Who could complain? Wink

There are already some friends of mine on GameRanger who I play with. We tend to go into the game, find a server, go back to GR and tell each other the IP and join up. I've had a lot of fun with this game, I hope you do too.

You can get links to both Wolfenstein Enemy Terriroty and True Combat: Elite through this website...
www.perfectvolume.com

Again, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and True Combat: Elite are Mac and PC compatible.

Here are the recommended requirements for both the Full game and the Modification.

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (258.32 MB)
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later
CPU Processor: PowerPC G3 or later
CPU Speed: 500MHz or faster
Memory: 256 MB or higher
Hard Disk Space: 600MB free disk space
Video Card (ATI): Radeon 7500 or better
Video Card (NVidia): GeForce2 MX or better
Video Memory (VRam): 32 MB or higher
Media Required: CD Drive

True Combat: Elite (452MB)
They don't have specific details on the site, (this mod came out last a week ago today).
One of their mods on the forum did say this: "One should have a graphics card with a minimum of 64Mb VRAM, 512Mb system ram, a 1Ghz + CPU and OSX 10.4x"

From my experience if you turn down the "Texture details" to medium and the "Geometric detail" to medium as well, the game will run smoothly, and still look great. If you've got a faster system try out full blown visuals if you like.

Let me know what you thought, either here on the forum or some time on GameRanger. Smiley

(SiX)Red, Redbaron, Redail.

Red.
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 09:59:16 pm »

A note about the requirements for ET. I don't know why they list 10.2.8 as being able to play the game. It cannot. You can install it but the game will always crash on the start. Unless they have fixed this recently with a patch that didn't change the version from 2.6.

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
7.Dr.Cheap Shot

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 04:28:23 am »

I'm playing TCE on a 1.8 (single) G5, stock 64mb nvidia, with graphics on medium, 10.3.9 and it plays really smooth.  I was in rooms with a ping under 100 and there was no lag either.

It's nice to have respawns being new to the game, actually it's not knowing the maps mostly, I like it better than AA since you actually have a better choice of weapons without the honor stuff and SF training.

Cheap

p.s.  there is another thread goin on about this game - silly poll

http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10530.0

Someday Mac Soft will get sick of my emails and make Rogue Spear OSX native.
PandabeaR

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 01:43:46 pm »

Hey does anyone know why I cant connect to any True Combat Elite servers? I updated to the latest version but it says I need to check my version and something about pk3 files...
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 11:18:45 am »

The last I heard there is no Mac version of the current True Combat mod. It is in the works but not released yet.

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads