*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:38:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  silly poll
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: silly poll  (Read 14035 times)
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 11:57:24 pm »

Downloading, hope you guys still play it.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 02:37:56 am »

do you guys use voice at all on it?  Like TS or Vent?

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
[a] ferret

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 03:53:48 am »

omfg dark.... what is up. TS me.

|ÅK|*Deora*

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2006, 09:15:13 pm »

Hey sup fellas.  Cool

Stopped to look around to see what's happening, and saw this thread.  I ended up downloading both games, and they are both rather fun.  I'm an aggressive driver in Redline, and having fun with the RvS meets AA TrueCombat:ELITE.  Rather a large PC community plays the game.  I too, thought like mesa, that I would hit my head everytime I walk thru a door.  lol  All in all though, it rocks for a free game!  Back to the PC'ers playing it.  I was thinking of even going as far as, mb making a MaC alliance, for this game (TC:E).  Being that most PC clans have about 50 members or so, I was thinking, we can make an alliance of about 50 ppl or so.  Mb we can all wear same tag, to identify us MaC users.  Something simple like...  How bout    MaC::Deora  Something simple, yet defining.  I'm up for any other suggestions, just giving out mine.  Anyways, get the game and get to know the maps, objectives, flags, etc.  Lots of fun  Sniper  Hope you're all up to teaming up and killing these PC'ers!  Some of them are really really good!

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 11:00:37 pm »

There already is something like that www.truecombat4mac.tk
And Joe I'm on right now and alas you are not.  Tears fill my eyes.  Come save me!

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2006, 10:37:47 am »

having problems getting the Mod to install. Shiex i navigate to the Wolfenstein folder and run it - and i select the app when it asks... but then when i load the true combat elite mod it just loads the normal version of Wolfenstein ET (and i can't select or load it from the mods...)

help!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
[a] LYNX

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2006, 11:06:05 pm »

trash everything and start again. install wolfenstein into /Applications - no other location! then just start the tce installer and say install, dont choose, do, think anything. it will work.

[a] LYNX
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2006, 12:53:16 pm »

Spot on Lynx thanks mate, much appreciated.

[a] ferret

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 04:44:21 am »

the reason for this is because not only does the installer create a mod folder called "tcetest" in the Wolfenstein ET folder.. it puts a .plugin file into your Wolfenstein ET application/package under Resources.

also if you have more issues remove your users/youruser/library/application support/wolfenstein et folder.

good luck.

<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 03:06:00 pm »

omg those [a] guys think they're so smart Roll Eyes  Bluh

I personally don't like the game. It's ok for a free game, but not my thing when I can play uber better games that I bought.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
[a] LYNX

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 04:12:15 pm »

hmm, i quite dont get it where a recent title in this game category is better than this tigah. rvs? aa (just to name all the recent cs-clones)?

and now take this: because its free there is constant development in it (as long as its popular). not another expansion pack and then you have to buy a whole different game again.

and to justify that its free i like to bring in, that everything that reached a certain point will become a popular good. the cs-idea reached this point. if the game industry cant imagine anything cool new for this popular gamestyle then who cares if they want another 50 bucks for the same game?
but back to the evil sides of a free game like tce... the worst thing about tce is its unbelievable bad implementation of...

[a] LYNX
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2006, 10:04:53 am »

This game is about as close to Action Half life as i think we'll ever get - and i was about the biggest fan of Action HalfLife. Ok its not perfect, but its quicker and mnore enjoyable than Ameicas Army (you don't have to sit around waiting for ages) its fast action (very fast) and it runs a hell of a lot better than RvS or AA...

[a] ferret

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 11:57:18 pm »

it depends on who you talk to.. RvS runs fantastic on my mac vs TC:E. Yes the quake 3 engine is great in every aspect for oldermacs, however, this is NOT iD making a mod... this is a 3rd party. There are envirmental features on these maps that cause lag on certain machines with certain video cards. Thats just fact.

I like TC:E. I think the DBL should be looking towards this title in the DBL 2.0. Alot of people are very excited about playing it and I hear people discussing it all the time.

The biggest con about this game is the installation.. its a fucking joke. People all over are having issues and not to mention if they do get it installed they get hunk memory errors (another fun fact of quake3). you can try setting your hunkmegs to higher numbers and still get the same issues. ive seen it happen.

just as always ill play anything.. in anything .. for any ladder .. for any league.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 10:01:10 am »

ill play anything.. in anything .. for any ladder .. for any league.

Hehehe you big hoe you Wink

Point taken - Dunno what your running but i hear RvS runs sexy smooth on a half decent G5. Its the partly the gameplay that i think people find refreshing - it feels more like playiing RS again rather than RvS maybe.  (and i've now expreienced the horrific lag type thing, not pleasant!)

[a] ferret

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 03:15:34 pm »

i am a game slut.. i admit it...

i play on a G4 MDD Dual 1ghz 1.5gigddr 9800pro128vram and a sexy leather chair that makes noise.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2006, 12:38:25 am »

A Dual 1Ghz G4 with DDR RAM?? How'd u manage that then? Wink

[a] ferret

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2006, 01:50:05 am »

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g4/stats/powermac_g4_1.0_dp_mdd.html

PC2700 DDR SDRAM

[a] LYNX

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2006, 11:29:45 am »

bfg, already mentionend here but: theres some bug with the full detail graphic settings. if you move all graphic settings down to medium you changed the one that causes horrific lag and it will be butter-smooth.

[a] LYNX
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2006, 11:57:36 pm »

PC2700 DDR SDRAM

You bastard Wink I missed the "MDD" bit and was assuming for some daft reason that you were running quicksilver like me... i'll now go and cry in the corner for a little while!

[a] ferret

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 04:54:34 am »

yeah i might have ddr but the dam thing is a vacuum cleaner, ask lynx.

btw back on topic.. here is a nice faq for TC:E via macologist.

http://www.macologist.org/showthread.php?t=3157

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads