*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:18:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  silly poll
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: silly poll  (Read 14034 times)
[a] LYNX

« on: October 03, 2006, 02:14:49 pm »

aloha, bonsoir, hey, and ola

should *damn play TCE next season? the game beats rvs in every aspect and could even attract some ghr players. its free and doesnt need a 4WD-G5.
get the game here if you havent already: http://hydrogen.cert.ucr.edu/ftp/pub/mitch/
get the wolfenstein et basis too (read tce install manual - easy):  http://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=18598

should *damn play Redline next season? lets say its the only mac racing game (wheres collin?). its mp in the demo already.
if you havent already, get it here: http://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=19298

[a] LYNX
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 08:35:04 pm »

Downloading now.

Might as well try it out.
These games run great on any system..

Please download it, and add your name to this thread so we know who has it.

Is it hostable by individuals? Or do we have to log into a provided server?
Whats the best way for IP hosting?
if I remeber correctly scotts not too supporting when it comes to Ip hosting and announcing from GR.

Your thoughts?

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
[a] LYNX

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 08:56:16 pm »

get a dyndns account. ppl can join by entering a url - that makes it alot easier than remembering ips. and then open a room for rvs or ghr and say you host tce. only players from these games will play tce.

[a] LYNX
{E} 61cygni

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 11:57:40 pm »

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but my one game of TCE was the laggiest game I have ever played to date. It would stick on one frame seomtimes for 5-10 seconds. And not just video, the audio would stutter/repeat a syllable/sound the whole time it was lagging. Ugh. Maybe it was because I was playing with PC gamers?
7.Dr.Cheap Shot

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 05:12:56 am »

I'm downloading it now too.  I read about this and thought it was just a mod for Wolfenstein, which I don't have but, I used to play it years ago and I had it on the old 3DO game console.  But anyway, will definitly try it out.

Cheap

Someday Mac Soft will get sick of my emails and make Rogue Spear OSX native.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 06:13:19 am »

Ok FOUR download attempts and tons of wasted hours..and Im giving up.
Might have been a decent game..who knows...

Three downloads provided dmgs that would not verify.
Two of those (if verify was skipped) would bring up install window, which would error out at the end of installation. Ive used safari AND firefox...

Fourth attempt provided a never ending download that i had to stop at 495 megs of 452..now really...
wtf is that shit? That one wouldnt mount either.

yay indie developers.

{E} 61cygni

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 06:39:37 am »

Weird, I had no problems with downloading any of the dmgs using safari and azureus.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 10:19:40 am »

ok, repaired permissions...restarted, tried yet ONE more overnight fresh download of each.
Installed on root drive, into applications..
Enemy territory runs fine...TCE will NOT install...at all...

"There was an error on installation, please try again"

Makes attempt number five.

fuck this piece of shit.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 10:29:44 am »

RtCW runs perfectly on my system with everything on highest and 1280*1024 however TCE and also the RtCW ET runs very laggy. I don't know why. I get only between 4 - 10 fps in TCE with 800*600 and default settings. Sometimes it goes up to 70 for a few seconds but as soon as I play it goes down.

It may be a great game, but unfortunaly I can't get it to run properly. Any tips?

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
[a] LYNX

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 10:52:09 am »

here is an alternate download of tce: http://fpad.filefront.com/?http://files.filefront.com/TrueCombatElite049macdmg/;5954026;;/fileinfo.html/1/1

actually it ran like shit on my g5 as well until i set all graphic details to medium, then it was ultrasmooth. i rather think here of a bug in the app that might be fixed with the next version. anyways, the graphics look pretty good in medium.

[a] LYNX
[a] LYNX

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 10:53:25 am »

btw, i think its a unwritten rule to respond if you vote no in polls about something new.

[a] LYNX
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 01:11:25 pm »

was there an additional installation requirement or instruction OTHER than instlling both into the aplications folders together? I couldnt find any installation manuals..

also, how about system requirement? didnt think to ask if it required Tiger..which for an old scanner problem with tiger, I do not use.

thx for the alternate dl location.

[a] LYNX

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 10:03:35 pm »

there are no additional requirements, at least not that i know of. theres no mentioning of the os-version on their website. just make sure you install wolfenstein before you install tce. then start tce (i had to do that twice before it worked).

[a] LYNX
mesa

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 12:25:35 am »

Well... i just got done playing it.  Wasn't bad. It seemed to run ok with no lag.  I had a 92 ping and got a couple of kills the first round.  The game is setup like Rvs meets AA.  I thought it was ok...

Whats really funny is that you seem like you are 7 feet tall. Has anyone noticed this?  When i was running around i felt like my head was going to hit door frame above lol. 

Though, it would be nice to see if Evill can get a plug-in for GR.  Something to help keep things alive.

As far as downloading and installing, I had no problems, but it is key to have ET installed before TCE -- which was mentioned already.

~mesa

RVS FOR LIFE!!
{E} 61cygni

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 01:56:02 am »

Ok, it seems to be running better after I tweaked my settings a bit more, though there's still a bit of lag. The recommended settings were WAAAY off to say the least. Smiley

Anyhow... I was playing on a public server and it seemed like most players are pretty bad. I was getting an over 1 kill/death ratio from the get go. Unfortunately for me, I think that there's an anti-spawn camping thing where you automatically die from "violating ROE" if you shoot a freshly spawned enemy. Sad Bad news for my spawn camping. Old habits die hard.

Anyone planning on hosting anytime soon?
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 06:37:08 am »

the installer says to install to the same root Applications folder as ET, when IN FACT, you are to point it to the actual Wolfenstein Folder...containing the Wolfenstein ET App....

runs fine.
retraction in order.

7.Dr.Cheap Shot

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 03:59:43 pm »

Well, I played a couple of games yesterday and For a FREE game, It rocks!  I was surprised how good some of these guys were though, I guess they were more familiar with the map.  I would have to say I will definitly play this, if there is no RvS games goin on.

I agree with mesa, I would rather play it on GR.

Cheap

Someday Mac Soft will get sick of my emails and make Rogue Spear OSX native.
{E} 61cygni

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 09:10:43 pm »

Ugh, ignore my last post, I got totally pwned by this guy named Farmz repeatedly with a knife/beretta. I think he uses shitty weapons to give himself a challenge. Sad
[a] LYNX

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 10:13:12 pm »

lol

[a] LYNX
Snoop

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 02:00:50 am »

Hey guys..i set up a Community Forum for Mac gamers that play TC...and it also will be the home of a Mac based clan.

Sniper
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads