*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:27:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vote: Do you think the GhR ladder should change format?  (Read 2488 times)
PUNiSHER™

« on: July 07, 2006, 04:31:28 pm »

If the Ghr advance team ladder could change to one of the following next season which one would you like to see?

*2 Man Teams
The CQB ladder is dropped and the primary Ghr team ladder is based off teams of 2 players (2 players per team only, NO reserves).  Every clan battle would be played 2 vs 2 or 2 vs 2 vs 2 or 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2.  Also the Sudden Death Warzone would be used to avoid camping.

-The clan battles would be based off an elimination system depending on how many teams are playing.  For Example:  After the 1st game the 1st team to be killed off is removed from the CB and the remaining 3 teams continue on, then repeat this after the next game until 1 clan remains and is the victor. 

-Participants in the clan battle would receive points based off performance.  1st team eliminated receives 0.25 points, next team gets 0.50, next gets 0.75 and the winner gets 2.

-If the clan battle is only 2 vs 2 it would be played best of 5, the winner getting 1 point, the loser getting 0.25.  (The more clans involved in the CB the more points are given out like shown above.)

-Example teams that could be formed:
*NRG 
(1) Punisher & Ace
(2) Macuber and Peppy
(3) Komet & Inferno
[E]
(1) Ive & GSR
(2) Rob & 61cygni
(3) Destroyer & Slick
(4) Malign & One
[a]
(1) Ferret & Red Tigah
(2) Kiwi & Kangaroo
(3) PythonXL & Frog
~Po~
(1) Kitkat & Viva
(2) Hunter & Tirofino
(3) Void & Murdurah
[TRIBE]
(1) Bang & Ghost
(2) Mumi & iRic
Others:
(1) Weedwacker & Pote
(2) -TOM CLANCY- & -BLACKY-
(3) Roem & Ace

Pros:
-Alot more teams would be available for CB and for the 1st time clan battles could be played with multiple clans.
-Points are awarded to every participating clan in the CB.  (Clan Battles are more attractve to play since points are gained off losing.)

Cons:
-Would some teams purposely lose to give points to others?  (Believe me if this was happening on a consistant basis it would be magnified to the rest of us and these cowards would be banned from servers and viewed as jackass's.)
-Would people camp until other teams are killed off?  (It's Sudden Death Warzone your gona be on the map anyway when time expires.)
-Does this mean we have to break up our clan?  (No because your just forming teams of 2 so your large clan could still stay intact.)

*DBL Draft
-The league would select 5-12 team captains and then a random draft order would be generated.  Captains would select players until their roster reaches a team size of about 5. 

-Undrafted players would be viewed as noobs and can sign freely with another team if that team chooses to release one of its players. 

-Teams have the option to trade players within the 1st 2 weeks of the season if that player is unhappy or wants out. 

-If a player who wants to be traded isn't traded within 3 days they are released from the team and become a free agent.

Pros:
-Every team would be fresh and new each season.
-More teams can be formed based off the team size limit.
-1st player draft/trading/free agent market in *DBL history.

Con:
-People would be forced to play with people they don't like.  (You could ask to be traded, and if you aren't traded you become a free agent.)

*Current System
Is everyone happy with this or has it gotten boring?  Clan Battles are harder than ever to find and none have taken place this season so far.

Fixed title as this is not an official vote to change anything, just a public opinion poll. --Myst

« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 01:43:32 am by BTs_Mysterio » Logged

~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 07:15:19 pm »

(2) Hunter & Tirofino

OMG!!! Ownage! Wink

I liked the friendly drafts back when Ferret organized them and we had really fun CBs.... I liked that format.....

Now, the current Clan system doesn't need to go away... we can just create  new ladders with these other systems Weed and Pun are proposing  and have fun with them!

Heck, with the new DBL 2.0 coming up, I'm sure Mauti could accomodate everyone and create different ladders for all the proposed ideas.... (if there's enough interest)... Then, after a season, we can keep the popular ones....
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 07:22:57 pm by ~Po~ TiroFino » Logged

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
[a] LYNX

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 10:19:48 pm »

Question: "Ugh who wants to CB?" like in "Ugh I want to go to school!" or "Ugh I want a beer!" or "Ugh, I want an exciting ride on my Mr. Ed PSP-game!" or "Ugh, I can have sex with Uma Thurman!"
I quite didn't understand which of these cool things you do more likely than playing a cb. Pls explain.

[a] LYNX
Clay

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 10:52:27 pm »

I just have a point for you punisher.
You seem to be complaining about this system, But before doing such things, I strongly advice you TRY it . Explain me why i haven't seen you trying to get a schedule on the forum.
You seem to be thinking that this system is a fail: That's completly wrong.
If people were trying to get cb's and were doing everything to do so, and if, because of the system , they couldn't manage to cb ,then yeah, this system would be a fail.
The point is that no one is attempting at the moment to get a single cb done.
So, here is my point PUN, and i'm not trying to offend you, or to piss you off: I'll consider your complains as serious when you will have TRYED this cb system, because at the moment, according to your activity on the schedule_cb_forum, you haven't try it yet.
bye

~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 12:16:17 am »

Wow! Tha's a lot of "systems", Clay ! Roll Eyes

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
Clay

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 12:53:11 am »

Lemme look for some synonym, ah right: Order, Method, Structure, Establishment.
Thx a lot Mr.Tirofino

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 01:46:35 am »

I've tried the current setup the past 3 years and its getting boring.  HELLO? Have you seen how many CB's have taken place?  I think people are sending a message.

If you like it the way it is HAVE FUN with it!  Most people aren't gona play next season.  You could probably win 3 CB's this season and be the regular season winner, how lame is that?

WeedWacker

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 05:36:19 am »

Even though I proposed the draft, I think the 2v2v2 format or 2v2v2v2 format would be fun if not chaotic (I envision quick team wipeouts).  Nice of Punisher to stick Pote with me...we'll be chilling, grilling, killing, and drinking our fillin...die Punisher (good idea BTW).

Oh I just noticed I have 2 more ports than Punisher...owned... Sniper

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
Clay

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 03:27:14 pm »

First you haven't been playing for the last 3 years, soz.
+ It has nothing to do with the league my dear, people are not willing to play the game anymore, if you want to get cb done, use the system as you are supposed too.
I have the feeling people got too lazy to try to organise some work in their teams, and to try to get an organization to get cb's done. I'm not sure DAMN is to be blamed. Player's activity is to be blamed.
Add gameranger lag, and you'll know why so many people got disgusted of playing this game.
I'm not saying ghost recon is dead, boring or noobish, i keep playing it more than any game, but i doupt you can blame damn.
Every clans have forum or use damn, you want to get a cb settled up, post on the clan's forum,  or use the damn system. that's all i gotta say. And now the serious question is : Are you really willing to play cb's ?

Ein

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 04:17:45 pm »

Just to remind everyone, 4 clan games were always allowed in DBL until they switched to point system a season or 2 ago. The way it worked instead of eliminating clans as the game went... Was that all clans would play full cb. Wining clan overall would get 3 wins added to their score (one for each clan they beat). Second overall would get 1 loss (to the clan who won) and 2 wins (against the other clans) added to their score. 3rd and 4th place clans would follow suit using the same system.

Why eliminate a clan cause they got attacked from both sides in the first round by 2 different clans?

Also, when we used the ELO system, clans would get more points for participating in these larger cbs.

I don't think a system change is needed to institute something that used to alway be allowed anyways. The only difference is now you want to limit it to 2 people per clan which I still dissagree with doing.
Ein
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 04:24:04 pm by Ein » Logged
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 06:37:13 pm »

This system was attempted at the end of RS and failed. I don't see a draft being any different here. Besides, if you read up on *DBL 2.0 you'd see the team system is basically already a buddy system. Further, how would a elimination tournament, lasting all season, help activity? Each week the number of players would be cut down more and more and it would dominate the mind from a more proper ladder.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 07:23:59 pm »

The point of restricting teams to 2 players is to make alot more teams available for clan battles.  Its more difficult to get a 4 clan CB with 4 players per team than it would be for 2 players per team.  Noone mentioned an elimination tournament, it was suggested clan battles of 3 or 4 teams are based of an elimination structure where teams would be eliminated from the clan battle for being killed 1st.  Just like Weedwacker mentioned it would be "chaotic" and all out war. 

The *DBL may of had optional "3 or 4" clan CB's in the past but how many actually occured?

Their only suggestions and opinions to change/modify the *DBL.  From the looks of it so far some people actually voted for the idea.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 08:50:33 pm by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 01:34:47 am »

Is everyone happy with this or has it gotten boring?  Clan Battles are harder than ever to find and none have taken place this season so far.

How many clans are there competing now? How many normal GhR games are there on an evening in GR? When will people accept that the BL activity is not going to be the same as 5 seasons ago when there were 25 odd active clans and GhR was incredibly popular?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
:V: Stripes

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 03:25:21 am »

When you reach your post 7000 and a new game comes out with low requirements and able to be played on GameRanger, a game like AOE2..   Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 04:43:11 pm by ViRuS - Stripes » Logged

--------------------------------
Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
--------------------------------
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: