*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:54:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  rvs cbs
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: rvs cbs  (Read 8459 times)
juggler

« on: July 06, 2006, 06:02:08 am »

This is the first time ive participated in cbs for a while and im kind of frustrated with them.  i know that camping is technically allowed in cbs and can be very useful especially in the last couple of minutes of a close game, but im sick of the "constant camp".  All this camping is ruining my cbing experience, it takes the fun out of the game.

I know theres not much that can be done to solve this problem, it will only lead to more arguments, but there needs to be an alternative...  Deora's bomb idea is a good alternative but it gets boring after a while.  However i propose there be another ladder devoted to small maps in rvs.  they would include presido, training, amon maps, etc..  it would eliminate camping and would bring the fun back to cbs.

I'd like to hear what you all have to say, do you agree with this cmaping stuff?  anyways thas all i have to say.

jugs

this is kinda random... but this is my favorite smiley ever... ive been thinking about him all day... clapping hands clapping hands clapping hands clapping hands
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 05:42:19 pm »

then rush the shit out of em and shove your assault rifle up thier ass!  And that's what nades are for.  Campers are pretty annoying, but there are ways of dealing with them.

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
[a] ferret

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 05:52:10 am »

some of us were talking about this.. there needs to be more objective oriented games for RvS CB's..... |AK| is really pushing Bomb and [a] & |3ID| had fun playing with them for a few rounds.. we were switching between Green and Red teams (assault & defence). Unfortunately there is no way to create a gametype and stick it in there like you can with Ghost Recon... so you have to play with what you got.

BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 06:04:43 am »

I can see bomb games becoming normal adversarial because people will just try to kill each other off and not go for the bomb. I could see these CBs lasting a long long time before people actually can find a winner.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
:V: Stripes

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 03:47:11 pm »

Isn't there some way to make a "WZ" just like in GhR?

Monoman?  Smiley

--------------------------------
Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 01:33:20 am »

Currently there isn't anyway to make a new gametype for RvS. I won't say it could never be done since someone could possible modify the stock files or do something similar to how the gun mods are made. That is just my idea of how one could do it if it was possible.  Grin

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 03:26:09 am »

I would love to try that.

stripes@virus-clan.com
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
|ÅK|*Deora*

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 12:30:43 am »

I can see bomb games becoming normal adversarial because people will just try to kill each other off and not go for the bomb. I could see these CBs lasting a long long time before people actually can find a winner.

If they do that, guess what, the problem of people camping and not going out on the map, has also been solved!  clapping hands

BOMB is a win-win situation against the camping in CB's in unknown areas of the map!

And no, these CBs would not last a "long long time before people actually can find a winner".  They have 3 minutes to set the bomb or kill the opponent.  If after the 3 minutes, they have not done either one, they lose.  So guess what, a winner is declared right away, without having to goto Extra Maps and Extra Games, because both teams decided to camp and let the time run out.  If you do that in BOMB, when time runs out, Green wins.  It forces Red to go out and either hunt, or detonate a bomb.  No camping.  Green covers the bombs.  Red practices assault techniques to try and infiltrate a bomb.  Once Red sets a bomb, they now cover the bomb, and Green has to come in and infiltrate that BOMB and undetonate it.  Making for some good action as many that play BOMB with and versus us |AK|'s have come to find out!

Anyways, hope all this insight get you clans to sign up for the tournament!

(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 02:08:53 am »

I agree with Deora here.

Ive always thought that including a round of bomb and a round of hostage does put the time limit into play. Its a nice changeup..and the time limit factor, plus FORCINg a team to actually move or lose the round is a great motivator. Makes squad work a critical component. One match defense..One match Offence.

As for camping the regular maps, thats what the hbs is for.
Two gunners and an HBS man can make fast work of a camper.
gem and I do it all the time, and it is deadly.
If they are really entrenched, send your weakest shooter first(mb the hbs guy-semi recon-suicide style), and the second and thirds do cleanup.

Another, lesser option is to shorten the time of cb rounds for regular maps drastically, and the team that loses the least players wins the Time Expired Rounds. mb also a three or even two minute round.
Assgoblin used to run 2:30 maps, and it REALLy stepped the pace up..more on larger maps like prison and peaks...

You could also consider Monos capture Mods for normal maps as well...
(again just to mix things up..although im sure the incessant complaining would make it pointless..like most good solutions)

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 02:40:09 am »

The *DBL wouln't make a new ladder, and they don't take suggestions from the people that play the game, thats never been their style.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 02:44:02 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

juggler

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 03:11:34 am »

I dont mind bomb but that isnt the solution to making regular adv cbs better.  Sheix hbs helps sooo much but sometimes it just gets into a camping game just starrin at eachother specially if both clans are down a man thus you cant afford to lose another man.  Also we had another problem with drk because we wouldnt restrict hbs which led to name calling, flames, bitter hatred towards each oother.  anyways i have little faith in that rvs cbs will get any better let alone any future r6 cbs; game play is just different.  I look forward to animal cb next saturday! clapping hands
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 03:45:15 am »

The *DBL wouln't make a new ladder, and they don't take suggestions from the people that play the game, thats never been their style.

Because there aren't 20 ladders per game to deal with small difference doesn't exactly make your point valid (overflow from an older issue). When there are different game types we do tend to split ladders to meet those needs. Some may recall the CTE that existed previous seasons.

The Idea of a bomb ladder is interesting; the only problem I personally have with bomb as a ladder is that there can be camping, but since it all happens as part of a single goal (to get to, or to prevent others from getting to the bomb), the problems with camping would be more contained. Definitely something we may considering adding with the *DBL 2.0 release this fall. The success of this tournament may very well prove the interest in this game type.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
:V:*Beast

don't try Norton on me... it won't work...

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 02:38:10 pm »

If they do that, guess what, the problem of people camping and not going out on the map, has also been solved!  clapping hands

BOMB is a win-win situation against the camping in CB's in unknown areas of the map!

For once I also agree with Deora... We need more love
With this kind of gameplay you have to think about 2 things now (except for the tk ofc): 1)not being killed and 2)arming/disarming the bomb... kinda tough tho for some noobbrains...

Well... from now on, when I host some, it will be "bomb" all the way!!!

Beast

quote of the year:
(quoted by Ace:) unknown: If idiots could fly, GR would be an airport.

vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanita est...
GeT iNfEcTeD!!
Ein

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 04:56:59 pm »

I hosted some bomb and pilot games the other night and it seemed like a welcome change of pace for people. Had a full room for the duration of the host.

Ein

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 05:23:49 pm »

I like the idea of bomb, maybe we should try bringing up a poll and see how famous it is
I'm sure a lot is interested in trying something new?
It could cut down some camping, and actually MAKE you move.

Stripes
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 05:27:09 pm by ViRuS - Stripes » Logged

stripes@virus-clan.com
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 05:03:40 pm »

Hi guys,

how did the bomb gametype and settings work out? How were the games? Is it a possible alternative?

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 10:30:43 pm »

I gonna repeat my question to those who tried some new gametypes out:

how did the bomb gametype or others work out?

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 05:03:39 pm »

Did really nobody try out some other gametypes in GameRanger that would be suitable for cbs!?

since 13th June 2000
[a] ferret

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 05:45:59 pm »

nope. althought bomb is very cool, nobody plays it.

:V:*Beast

don't try Norton on me... it won't work...

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 09:07:37 pm »

Hi guys,

how did the bomb gametype and settings work out? How were the games? Is it a possible alternative?

Bye,

Mauti

they all scream: ADV!!! ADV!!! ADV!! NØØBHØST!!!   *sigh

even when we play "Bomb" they don't pay attention to the bomb at all... they play it like it's ADV...

maybe we can try "Pilote" now?  Wink

Beast,

quote of the year:
(quoted by Ace:) unknown: If idiots could fly, GR would be an airport.

vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanita est...
GeT iNfEcTeD!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads