*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:02:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: No Ties in Warzone  (Read 7960 times)
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 07:32:59 pm »

Are there any changes planned apart from the new wz types?

A few are under discussion. Mauti will announce them if we approve them.

( nice behaving, mr tirofino   )

Thx, just remember one thing, I'm doing this for you and everyone else like you who loves Ghost Recon and doesn't want to see it fade away as it has been.

I just want to improve our gaming experience, so I appreciate your ideas and support.

Even if we seem to not agree at some issues, don't mind me "picking your brains"! The purpose is to view things from all possible angles before making any decisions. So keep at it!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 07:43:05 pm by ~Po~ TiroFino » Logged

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
Tin

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 08:40:42 pm »

Actually I didn't get to test out the new WZ types, there are a few things im still curious about, like how does random wz exactly work. Do you happen to spawn right next to the zone? Or will the wz either appear in the middle or at the two spawn points which arn't taken by the teams?

( nice behaving, mr tirofino   )

Thx, just remember one thing, I'm doing this for you and everyone else like you who loves Ghost Recon and doesn't want to see it fade away as it has been.

I just want to improve our gaming experience, so I appreciate your ideas and support.

Even if we seem to not agree at some issues, don't mind me "picking your brains"! The purpose is to view things from all possible angles before making any decisions. So keep at it!

Roger. Keep up the good work!
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 10:19:00 pm »

Actually I didn't get to test out the new WZ types, there are a few things im still curious about, like how does random wz exactly work. Do you happen to spawn right next to the zone? Or will the wz either appear in the middle or at the two spawn points which arn't taken by the teams?

Monoman and Mags have been at it!

There are 2 types of Random War Zone:

1.- It may spawn at any of the known spawns (inluding the usual middle), but never on the same place in which a team has spawned. It IS visible in the command map from the start.

2.- Same as above, but it is NOT visible in the command map until one of the 2 teams grabs it, then it becomes visible in the command map for all to see.

- So far, peeps that have tried it have had positive things to sat about it. #2 is particularly challenging, for you don't know where it is and have to go out and search any of the spawns points for it, and sometimes you run right into the enemy - creating intense battles. I view it more as a combination of MLS and WZ - Pretty cool!

Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 01:23:13 pm »

Double Spawn Warzone:

How about adding a 5th or 6th spawn point on maps just to mix things up a little, and then have teams spawn in 2 locations?? 

So a team of 4 guys would have 2 guys spawn in at location 1 and 2 other guys at spawn location 4.  I don't know if its possible but it would be interesting.  If you went and made 6 spawn points on every map you would probably need to change the original 4 spawn points to even everything out a little.

You could even take the current 4 spawn locations format and make it so teams spawn in 2 different locations.  This means every spawn on the map would have at least 2 guys on it thus making the warzone difficult to get early on in games.

It would be fun to try.   clapping hands

I started looking into this and I think something similar could be possible. Now before I start on this, since it seems like it will take awhile, what version of warzone do you want it on? Normal wz, random, or dude.  Cool

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Tin

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 04:51:16 pm »

Wouldn't it only work for the normal wz, cuz all four spawns would be taken by the  teams? (unless we add more spawns)
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 04:59:08 pm »

Having played all three, I would say in "Dude", this way it would really be challenging since you could not see the smoke in the command map until found.

Thanks Monoman.

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 10:23:53 pm »

Yea it makes more sense for normal WZ since 4 of the spawns are gona be used.

Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 11:11:55 pm »

Yea, I was working on other gametypes then posted. Forgot what zones were open.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 02:54:12 am »

For having no ties in warzone what if the game didn't end unless all players were killed or the warzone was captured. With that to speed the game up when technically the game should be over we could show everyone on the map. Then no hiding or camping out, you would have to fight.

~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 03:16:31 am »

For having no ties in warzone what if the game didn't end unless all players were killed or the warzone was captured. With that to speed the game up when technically the game should be over we could show everyone on the map. Then no hiding or camping out, you would have to fight.

Very interesting! Let me see if I understood what you said:

So you're proposing that if no one has managed to grab smoke for 3 consecutive minutes, then after 10 minutes of playing, all players still alive will be shown on the command map, and at the same time, the smoke timer will continue running allowing the team with smoke possession to win it if they reach the 3 minute mark.

Correct?

Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2006, 03:18:50 am »

Yes, exactly. It would be the "Sudden Death" part of the game.

~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 03:47:21 am »

Yes, exactly. It would be the "Sudden Death" part of the game.

This would also speed Cbs up, since we would not have ties.

I like it!

Tin

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 03:50:46 am »

I love it! Cheesy We need more love
Can you get it done till thursday? So we already get to use it this season?
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 11:31:36 am »

I have a version done and ready to be tested. I will pass it off to TiroFino.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 02:28:15 pm »

Wow, sounds like a great idea Mono! However you don't need to make it after ten minutes: do it already after 7minutes and 1 second, because then you can't hold the wz for 3minutes anyway ;-) and the game could end regular after 10minutes.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2006, 04:44:23 pm »

guys thats a great proposition !!!

after all the bs we heard until now this is a great idea to test !!!

could i set it up on a dedi host ??
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2006, 02:43:17 am »

Wow, sounds like a great idea Mono! However you don't need to make it after ten minutes: do it already after 7minutes and 1 second, because then you can't hold the wz for 3minutes anyway ;-) and the game could end regular after 10minutes.

Bye,

Mauti

It is setup to go into sudden death after the game clock has ended. This means that you can use the gametype with any time (5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc). Although I could make it go off after 7 minutes and 1 second if that is preferred.

**Update**
We played some games with it and it worked perfectly. On one game it went into sudden death with one guy left on yellow and about 6 on red. It was hilarious to see a whole group of red dots descend on him.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 04:10:18 am by Monoman » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2006, 09:06:14 am »

Excellent mod, sounds like a great improvement Smiley

I really am gonna have to boot up GhR arn't i heh.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2006, 10:24:07 am »

ok just a question maybe stupid, instade of showing all on map could we have a sudden "switch on" of the radar (threat indicator) to leave a chance to both sides?
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2006, 10:35:47 am »

ok just a question maybe stupid, instade of showing all on map could we have a sudden "switch on" of the radar (threat indicator) to leave a chance to both sides?

Can't do that. I think because it is a server option that you can script it in a gametype or mission. I could make everyone have a flame similar to how the mouse has in the cat and mouse gametype or the general in the Assassination gametype. Although the goal of this was to have the game end quickly and without a tie once the game clock has ended.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads