*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:24:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghr: Would you support a program that would allow / prevent 56kers?  (Read 1193 times)
bootsy styles

"the art of offensive sniping"

« on: May 07, 2006, 04:43:59 pm »

Hello Everyone..

Bootsy here..   Sniper  Many people know me as 'that one sniper' .. I don't say alot .. even in-game while playing, however today I feel it necessary to ask this question to the community after playing numerous games with unacceptable lag...

I've been away from the Mac platform for awhile now..  and after returning for a couple of months, I've noticed that there's a significant increase of lag while playing ghost..

I have a question for you serious Ghr players..   If there was a program that would allow hosts to limit (or even completely disallow) 56kers .. would you implement / support  this program?   How about kick/ limit ping ?  Also, how do you feel about 56kers?   

=)

"the art of offensive sniping"
WeedWacker

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 05:02:28 pm »

I think a lot of the lag you've noticed is due to GameRanger.  If we set a ping limit and kick those with higher than X pings there would be no international CBs.

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 06:30:35 pm »

LOL sweet!

+OnlyOne+

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 04:56:48 pm »

Ya bootsy, Weed is right. The lag you're experiencing today is due to the last update to Game Ranger. We're all waiting for the fix. wallbashing
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 02:16:09 am »

I spoke to bootsy a while back about such an application to disallow 56kers and I don't think I made myself clear back then,  but this isn't CoD or any other game that prevents high pingers from joining games. Unfortunately bootsy, this community is way too small to implement such a program. If you want hosts to limit rooms to allowing only low pings, then people like myself who come from the otherside of the world would be left out in the cold - you really want that? Not only that, but I doubt there is many 56kers in the community. As it is, this community is getting smaller and smaller.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads