*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:45:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  MacBook Pro 17" released
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MacBook Pro 17" released  (Read 6119 times)
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 08:42:18 pm »

I don't think a 17" laptop is pratical, you have to draw the line between speed and portibility.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 09:49:21 pm »

Well, I guess if you feel that way this isn't the product for you. but I personally don't feel that 2 inches more diagonally (maybe 1 on each side in width- if that) would qualify as a huge change in carrying size while it is the same thickness and relatively the same weight. What's all this constant "it's too big" from many people? It's probably no bigger than the 14.2 inch iBook (with huge boarder). Oh here's some statistical comparison:

- iBook G4 (14.2")

Width: 12.7 "
Depth: 10.2 "
Thickness: 1.35 "

- MacBook Pro (17")

Width: 15.4 "    Difference: 2.7"
Depth: 10.4 "    Difference: 0.2"
Thickness: 1 "    Difference: -0.35"

That's to a 14" iBook G4. The MacBook Pro 15" is quite close. Calling this thing unmanageable or too big is ridiculous.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 02:58:34 am »

Ever tried to open a 15 inch laptop on coach class airline seat?

Shade ABSOLUTELY has a point, if thats your mode of travel.
I can barely open mine on Southwest,
and would be completely impossible to work on a 17" on that same flight.
Not to mention the heat that thing puts out if you WERENT on a flight and just had it sitting in your lap.
My 15" gets ridiculously hot..and almost discourages me from using it, unless i can set it somewhere..other than ON me.

So really, it all depends on your mode of travel,
how often, and for how long...as to whats ridiculous or not.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 04:20:31 am »

I prefer the 17" model to anything else...no matter what the discomfort or space limitations.  Probably because I'm getting older and need the bigger display but hey, you younger guys go for those tiny screens while you can![/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 09:48:11 am »

Thats true shade / shiex, but it all depends on your needs. For some folks its a case of having a desktop computer that they can move... a 17inch laptop that doubles as a desktop that can just be picked up and taken to the office etc...

Then again i've used my 12inch PB on the train in the UK and well anything bigger would have been inpossible. I can only sit in the Disabled priority seats and sharing that space with anything more than a very small laptop ain't gonna happen!!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 06:00:53 pm »

If laptop at all I go only with a 12' or 13' widescreen. Anything else is too big for my taste. It shouldn't be bigger than a normal college block(A4). This is the size I consider portable. It shouldn't be in my way and should get into my backpack easily. Whenever I see Elandrion with his 15' I think no that's not what I want to cary with me every day to university.

Further battery life is also much longer. However I think the size of your laptop depends on your need, and every size has its right to exist.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 08:45:01 pm »

I'd rather got with a 15" then 12" or 17".

You get usually get good performance, and it's not to big, and not small either.

But a 13-14" would work as well, I guess.

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2006, 07:08:35 am »

Rumor sites are reporting the new Intel MacBooks (ibooks) are being released on tuesday.

"An anonymous source claims that Apple stores are receiving materials for a new window display that's labeled "do not open until Tuesday, May 9th." The source also claims that Apple has directed its stores to push iBook sales this weekend, presumably to clear out inventory."

www.macrumors.com

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2006, 06:25:46 pm »

I still bet on Intel Integrated on low end and X1300-1500 on higher end. 13 across the line, with all duos to match.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2006, 08:41:32 pm »

more relevant to any 15ich macbookpro owners is the news that there is a FW800 PCI express card now available here courtesy of nitroAV

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads