*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:40:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  Headphones
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 3371 times)
Roberto el mono
« on: April 13, 2006, 11:43:25 pm »

I was considering buying the Bose Quiet Comfort 2 headphones.  Does anyone have any suggestions for music qualitiy and appearance.

Thanks
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 02:40:03 am »

I bet nobody here has thoes cause for for one I think they are a waste of money because it is like buying something from Abercrombie and Fitch, your paying more for the name "Bose" than for the headphones themselves.

I have some headphones from Sennheiser which are expensive but not nearly and I absolutly love them, granted they are a "headset" with a mic and not designed specifically for music or movies but they still sound very good.

As far as the sound isolating part I have some Shure e3c's which are in-ear headphones and have no active sound - cancelling features but simply the way they are shaped prevents all sound from entering.  These I will also highly reccomend.

Sennheiser has some noise-cancceling headphones I believe but I'm not sure how they work.

jerkasaur

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 06:29:29 pm »

Grado headphones. Yes they look retro, but they are hands down, some of the most amazing headphones you can buy.
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 07:27:24 pm »

Good call Jerk! I own a pair myself..use em on both my iPod and PBK. Every pair I have sold to customers have replied they enjoy them as well.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
cO.twist

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 07:50:27 pm »

I don't have the quiet comfort ones, but i have these.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=triport_headphones_index

They are amazing....perfect 3-d sound in every game i've played.  The most comfortable (by far) headset i've used, as well.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 09:09:00 pm »

If you don't mind spending $300 on headphones, then sure, get the Bose because they are pretty damn nice.  I personally use these... I bought them for music becaue I love my music loud and with great sound, but I also use em for gaming now as well. http://www.topdjgear.com/pionhdprofhe.html

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 02:03:19 am »

I've got a pair of those headphones.  I was a music synthesis major in college, and I worked as a sound effects editor for TV/film for about 4 years, and these are hands down the best headphones I've ever used.  They are pricey, but if you're pickey about sound quality, you won't be able to do much better.  Bose may be considered a "luxury brand", but the science that they put into their products are well beyond anyone else.  I visited their laboratories when I lived in MA, and no doubt, they do some seriously amazing stuff. 

"oh no, here's come's the death."
roberto el mono
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 02:23:16 am »

How about the comparison of the Quiet Comfort 2 to the next level down on Bose, the triports.  Has anyone tried them both and have anything to say about them.  Any suggestions would be great.

Robertop
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 09:49:51 am »

Shade what are the  Shure e3c's really like - can you use the active noise cancelling ability while not listening to music? What im trying to say is if i was working in a very noisy environment at work could i use these earphones as ear protectors or would i have to be listening to music at the same time?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 03:48:23 am »

Rgr, if you work in a noisy enviornment what these do is basically act as plugs in your ears.  So without using active noise cancelling the noise is blocked out since no other noise can come in.

Just pure musical bliss.

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 06:29:31 pm »

Lemme recommend these.

I was interested in buying the best pair of headphones I could find, so I did some research. Everything pointed to the MDR-V6 as being the best bang for the buck. I still haven't bought them (sigh), but Alaric did, and he worships them. After he got them, I asked him how they were. He said, "they're like sex in my ears, but there's one problem: I can hear which of my MP3s are 128 kbps now."

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads