*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:55:52 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR DAMN BL Poll  (Read 10910 times)
[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 10:40:07 pm »

This is a game, if your looking for realism go join the army.  You might as well go back and fix the accuracy, zoom and rate of fire on every gun if you want realism.

I agree 100% with this statement.  It couldnt have been said better.
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 12:19:43 am »

This is a game, if your looking for realism go join the army.  You might as well go back and fix the accuracy, zoom and rate of fire on every gun if you want realism.

Uhmmm, crap! I agree 100 % with what Kit said about what Punisher said.... lol

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 01:39:09 am »

Damn, I guess I'm the only person that thought eliminating sensors was a good idea!  And you guys used to call ME a camper!  ha![/size]  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 01:43:38 am »

Actually, I was torn between eliminating sensors and not... But it is so fun using them and destroying them in a CB... I did not want to eliminate that. 
{E} 61cygni

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 06:10:22 pm »

First off, I voted for not slowing the rate of fire. Someone made a point that if you are skilled with the gl, you would not need to have to fire grenades at a fast rate due to the first nade hitting your target. While this may hold true for ONE target, what happens when multiple targets appear and you're stuck furiously clicking in hopes that the next gl round kicks in before the second guy takes you out? You die.

You can make the counterpoint that hand nades, claymores, and rockets have this same delay as secondary weapons. I believe a good reason for this is that you are generally out of view or far away when employing these weapons, whereas the grenade launcher is used in both long distance and close combat.

This is how I see it. The hig rof of the gl is similar to the rof of the guns in ghr. Why do some people use burst or full-auto? Because we're not always perfect shots. A reflex-driven, not very well aimed three round burst is much more likely to hit a target than one not very well aimed bullet. Should we also switch guns so that they only fire one bullet per second? I mean... if you're good, you only will need one.
Fridge!

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 08:46:14 pm »

First off, It's nice to see somebody actually take the time to respond to a point and counter with a developed point of their own.  Thankyou for actually contributing.

First off, I voted for not slowing the rate of fire. Someone made a point that if you are skilled with the gl, you would not need to have to fire grenades at a fast rate due to the first nade hitting your target. While this may hold true for ONE target, what happens when multiple targets appear and you're stuck furiously clicking in hopes that the next gl round kicks in before the second guy takes you out? You die.

Well for one, the transition between the grenade launcher and your rifle is practically instant.  Unlike hand grenades, sensors etc. that take a considerable ammount of time to put away and regain control of your rifle, you always have the option with the gl to return to your rifle and shoot the person.  That is why many people who use the GL, when they spot somebody, instead of shooting them, they quickly switch to their GL and nade them instead, because the transition is quicker than waiting for your reticule to close, and the kill is a greater likelihood.  You don't need to be clicking furiously hoping a nade is ready to fire when you can siwtch back to your rifle and be firing in a few tenths of a second.

Also, that would only really apply if the grenade launcher was slowed down to less than a shot per second.  The current rate of fire on the OICW GL is 600 rounds per minute, taking it down to around 90 shots per minute would mean you could fire a nade once every 0.75 seconds.  If you can no longer spam and have to be relatively accurate with the OICW GL, 3/4 of a second is about the time it takes to re-aim for a second target and fire.  Go into your Ghost Recon>Ghost Recon Data>Mods>Origmiss>Equip>glforoicw.gun  and where it says  <SelectiveOption RateOfFire = "600" RoundsPerPull = "1" StartSound = "w_gp25_ss.wav"/>  change the 600 to 90 and test it out.  That's all I'd like to see it slowed to at the most.

This is how I see it. The hig rof of the gl is similar to the rof of the guns in ghr. Why do some people use burst or full-auto? Because we're not always perfect shots. A reflex-driven, not very well aimed three round burst is much more likely to hit a target than one not very well aimed bullet. Should we also switch guns so that they only fire one bullet per second? I mean... if you're good, you only will need one.

You can not compare 20mmHE rounds to regular FMJ rounds.  One, you have to actually hit your target, one you just have to come within 7 units of your target (a hand frag has a range of 10 in comparison).  If there were bullets in ghost recon that were 7 units radius, then yes, full auto would become a huge problem. ; however, that is not the case, and full auto as a result has as many downsides as it does upsides.  At long range, it is much less effective than single shot, the same goes for three shot burst.  They are close range options exclusively, every firing rate has its advantages as well as significant disadvantages.  The same conditions do not exist for the OICW GL.  Not to mention that the majority of kills are still made on single shot.

Basically, all the problems with the OICW GL come down to corner screen, long range nading.  Not only does it give you the ability to kill a target to whom you are out range, but it makes it noobishly easy.  All you have to do is spot his general location, and you can launch a volley that will cover an obscenely large surface area.  The whole problem with the GL is the ability to look beyond the haze with corner screens.  Slowing the rate of fire down to a nade every 3/4 of a second, or 2 per second even, would render the GL a highly advantageous weapon still in almost all of the same scenarios as before, the only one it would significantly affect is its ability to long range nade without the need to be accurate.

"Fridge killing all 3 of us 6 games in a row and his other players pretty much blew ass... it was dodgy because we did have some of our best players in that mock cb, and for us to lose not really to their team but fridge alone was quite odd, us, being some of the best players of last season."
Fridge!

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 08:52:53 pm »

Personally, I think it could have been said better if it was relevant to the discussion.  This isn't about realism, nor is anybody in the post saying it is.  His response, was a response to, well, nobody.  Just a wasted post.

"Fridge killing all 3 of us 6 games in a row and his other players pretty much blew ass... it was dodgy because we did have some of our best players in that mock cb, and for us to lose not really to their team but fridge alone was quite odd, us, being some of the best players of last season."
Fridge!

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 09:09:21 pm »

I honestly haven't heard of any complaints about *DBL Warzone until you came along.
You can bitch, complain or do whatever you want, the fact of the matter is that *DBL Warzone isn't going to change just because a few people think it should, your wasting your time.  Same goes for slowing the GL.

Or you can present a logical sequence to show why it should logically be amended.  One that you tried to break and got shut down many times over before resorting to these kinds of arguments when you realized you had no chance in trying to discuss the actual points.

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 10:21:38 pm »

Fridge stop playing God with the forums telling everyone whos right and whos wrong.

Fridge!

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 10:25:48 pm »

Fridge stop playing God with the forums telling everyone whos right and whos wrong.

I don't just say you're wrong to anybody, I develop and support everything I say, and you're always free to counter-argue any of it if you can do so, which you haven't been able to do.  Generally when you're incapable to counter argue a point btw, it's because that point is valid.

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 11:55:56 pm »

"The BL is fine the way it is" has won on the fucking poll.  Good riddance to all the BL haters, have fun talking amongst yourselves! 

YOU CAN'T MAKE A MORE VALID POINT THAN VOTING!!!

"Your fleet has lost, and your friends up there on the endor moon will not survive."

Fridge!

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2006, 12:20:03 am »

"The BL is fine the way it is" has won on the fucking poll.  Good riddance to all the BL haters, have fun talking amongst yourselves! 

YOU CAN'T MAKE A MORE VALID POINT THAN VOTING!!!

"Your fleet has lost, and your friends up there on the endor moon will not survive."

Yes punisher, that's a brilliant notion.  Like when the people suggested the world was round and everybody laughed, the people who were saying that it was round were wrong because the majority didn't grasp their argument... right?.. oh, oh wait.

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 12:32:59 am »

Yep thats why when people run for president the one with the least votes gets elected, right?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 12:35:29 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 12:52:03 am »

Yep thats why when people run for president the one with the least votes gets elected, right?

and this has what to do with the dbl? stop bickering eh?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Fridge!

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 12:55:53 am »

Actually, yeah, it's true, the vote is decisive, I'll give you that, and so the GL stays the same.

It's just frustrating that so many people can vote no, and yet not one of them can forward a reasonable explanation as to why.  I guess what it comes down to is the fact that GL spamming has become such a big part of their game that the thought of reducing its effectiveness reduces the effectiveness of their game, and so naturally they will always vote no, regardless of what you throw at them.  People just don't like anything that proposes to make their ability to kill somebody in GHR harder, and so they vote primarily based on how it will affect themselves rather than how it will affect the game and the DAMN BL in an overall sense. The fact that nobody has been able to forward any solid argument as to why changing the GL rate of fire would adversely affect ghost recon indicates that people are voting no based on this fact.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 01:00:51 am by Fridge! » Logged

[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 01:31:09 am »

I think they just voted no because you are being a dick.
Fridge!

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 01:47:57 am »

Sure, I'm a dick.

On topic gentleman. - Haz
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 06:46:27 am by *DAMN Hazard » Logged

Clay

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 06:10:17 pm »

http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=9985.20

Clay.  What you are doing is called flamming.  You did not understand Hunter's post and you immediately resorted to flaming.  I have you Blocked because of all the nasty insulting things you say in Game Ranger so I dont have to see any of it.  I advise that you stop your flames and stay on topic so we dont have to see it here.

If you continue flaming I advise the Admins to give you a warning.

Please stay on topic to the original post.

Thanks - ~Po~ KITKAT

Kitkat, mate ....
I voted yes to slowing the gl down, spammers just kill the game, it's obvious.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 06:35:46 pm by Clay » Logged

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 11:29:06 pm »

whoa, a fight on *DAMN I'm not a part of?

Ghost Recon was made the way it was made for a reason.  People are constantly trying to change the game to make it better... just play the damn game, for once, just play it.  Every player here has the same opportunities on the battlefield as the next guy.

Counter this all you want... just know before you do so that I'm right and you're wrong. Wink

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2006, 01:58:38 am »

http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=9985.20

Clay.  What you are doing is called flamming.  You did not understand Hunter's post and you immediately resorted to flaming.  I have you Blocked because of all the nasty insulting things you say in Game Ranger so I dont have to see any of it.  I advise that you stop your flames and stay on topic so we dont have to see it here.

If you continue flaming I advise the Admins to give you a warning.

Please stay on topic to the original post.

Thanks - ~Po~ KITKAT

Kitkat, mate ....
I voted yes to slowing the gl down, spammers just kill the game, it's obvious.

Good for you Clay.  Nothing wrong with voting the way you want.  I voted no because I like Ghost Recon just the way the programmers made it. 

When GhR 2 (or 3 or GRAW or whatever) comes out for the Mac I will buy that and play that the way the Software Engineers made it too.

Hopefully it will be a good game so that all this crap being repeatedly discussed will melt away since there will be a new game to play.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads