*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:10:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR DAMN BL Poll  (Read 10908 times)
Hunter

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2006, 11:23:45 am »

I voted no cause I like the gl the way it is, it's a fun gun.
My favorite is when I catch a enemy from behind, or a blind side and I let off all 6 gls into their head...knowing that one would be enough...I guess i just like the sound, and I like blowing shit up.

Here's to blowing shit up!

Cheers!
WeedWacker

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2006, 06:42:59 pm »

Loving to FUBAR someone is an inherent right amongst GhR players, but you can still do that with a slowed down GL.

Oh well, it seems that this topic will not change either because people have become reliant on spamming spawns, spamming to offset accuracy, or spamming for the sheer thrill of carpet bombing someone.

It's a shame the GhR community won't agree to slow the rate of fire to  minimize spawn spamming, to minimze GL-induced lag, and to promote accuracy over volume of ammo used.

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
Ein

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2006, 06:56:47 pm »

I voted no as well... Personally I hate the oicw/gl. I hardly ever use the thing. I hate spammers and I hate the tks it causes on my part but removing it or slowing its rate would be like removing a large part of the game and how the game is played for me. As said before, to even the playing fielf, each team could have a person on gl and I have yet to be in a cb where at least one player did not take the gl each round. It is just a smart idea. To avoid being spammed, sacrifice running straight for the wz and take cover if you are in a spammable spawn.

To link this to RvS... On half the maps, you can usually spam someone with frags right off the bat if you know where to aim. The same applies for the gl. I don't think the gl should be removed from ghr any more than frags should be removed from rvs. They are part of the game. Learn to deal with them or come up with a strategy to avoid them.

Ein
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2006, 07:32:14 pm »

Very true Weed. it would have been nice to at least tried it out on 1 Season. Personally I have given up on suggesting anything on DBL. Same ole same ole.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
WeedWacker

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2006, 11:24:45 pm »

I think I'll give up trying to change anything on BL.  Everyone is scared a change will affect their position within the player community.   wallbashing

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2006, 11:54:55 pm »

I dont think thats true weed.  This poll was rigged to fail because the 3 choices for changing the BL will have a lower percentage (because its 3 choices!!)  But if you look at it a different way currently it is pretty close.... 14 for changing it and 15 for not changing it.

Edit...  Make that 14 for changing and 16 for not...  Someone just voted.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 11:56:31 pm by Po)| KITKAT » Logged
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2006, 04:30:59 am »

And thats the problem. Anyone can vote. None-players just to screw ideas.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2006, 06:10:15 am »

An even bigger problem would be that nobody votes... we have way more that 30 active ghr players in the league.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2006, 04:27:33 pm »

I for one use the noobstick often... very often..... but seldom do I spam with it. I admit I do resort to spamming at times, but most of the time, I surgically nade my targets and feel great when I get a kill (or 2) with just 1 nade.... I take pride in it!

I love the rush I get in some maps where I know "what's coming"... and have to hurry my ass to get out of the way of other spammers... such as when I spawn in the SouthEast of Ghost Town.... I know there's not much time to get out of the way of the wave of nades some opponents will send in our direction... But I love that shit! I love that challenge... There is as much skill in evading the nade spamming as there is in surgically nading.... By now, I have developed a "timing" for both.... I know where and when to run in order t avoid falling prey of a blind nade that has been sent to a specific point in the map where usually peeps run to... I mean, come on, If by now you dont know where the spamming nade points are in maps such as Ghost Town, Red Square, Downtown, etc then you need to do your homework! - This doesn't mean I don't get killed at times by it, heck I die and often! but you will never hear me complaint for it! By now, I accept it as part of the game....

Since you like analogies, here's mine: - I love women's breast nice and perky... but preferably "natural".... just like the creator intended it to be... I have nothing against "breast enhancement" either.. i think it's awesome.... but I would prefer a natural one....Same applies to GhR.... The game was created this way, people have learned to play with what's given. Aside from your cool map mods, etc... The weapons should remain as intended by the game creators.......The fact is that there will always be better players than others; twisting things in your favor by seeking changes that adjust the game's original settings to better fit your camping-ass-sniping-playing style, is not cool! -  The inconformist, the weak, the vulnerable - will always "howl to the moon".

Change is good, as long as it is not to favor the few, the unproud, the... u get my point; in detriment of the majority.

Let it rest now! But since you like "presidential analogies", why don't you try it again in about,say, 4 years!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 08:28:14 pm by TiroFino » Logged

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2006, 02:28:31 am »

The inconformist, the weak, the vulnerable - will always "howl to the moon"

I howl at nothing.

~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2006, 09:28:09 pm »

The inconformist, the weak, the vulnerable - will always "howl to the moon"

I howl at nothing.

lol

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2006, 04:15:11 pm »

Ghost Recon has been out for 5 years now?  And people want to remove GL's and sensors? It would change the way most of the veterans of GhR play the game.  Its not like sensors and GL were added in a map pack or something. PLus gl "spammer" have 12 nades...most of those guys are empty within the first 15 seconds of the match, and are left with a gun with limited zoom.  Personally I don't like getting spammed and I hardly ever use it, but it is a good tool to have in the squad tactically.  And how do you expect KitKat to get any kills if you take away his OICW/GL?  Grin  JK KK -Plus if another DBL map pack has to come out, you may not see another season for a few months.  This is the game people ... love it or leave it.

Can I see another choice in the poll? 

5. Leave the kits alone. THere are other issues that need to be attended too.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 04:18:54 pm by Cell » Logged

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
WeedWacker

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2006, 06:22:18 pm »

...and are left with a gun with limited zoom...

Actually, the OICW rifle has the best zoom of any rifles short of a sniper rifle.  I think the zoom=5 on the .gun file.  I can check when I get home but I think that's correct.  The only limitation of the OICW rifle is it's slightly slower reticule when compared to the SA80, for example.

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2006, 08:55:51 pm »

Oh contrare my good friend.... the OICW GL's Rifle has less of a zoom than if you took it without the GL.

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
WeedWacker

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2006, 11:22:18 pm »

...the OICW GL's Rifle has less of a zoom than if you took it without the GL.
You make it sound like the zoom of the OICW rifle changes based on the secondary kit.  If you look at the .gun files within your Ghost Recon data folder you'll see the OICW has a higher number rating for the zoom which equates to more zoom.  The OICW zoom is the best zoom on any assault rifle, SMG, or support kit.  I think the OICW rifle zoom is rated as a 5, an SA80 is a 4, and an M-9 is a 1 for comparison reasons.  I can copy and paste the specific numbers in here but you are 100% wrong on this one Smiley

[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2006, 01:42:02 am »

Ghost Recon has been out for 5 years now?  And people want to remove GL's and sensors? It would change the way most of the veterans of GhR play the game.  Its not like sensors and GL were added in a map pack or something. PLus gl "spammer" have 12 nades...most of those guys are empty within the first 15 seconds of the match, and are left with a gun with limited zoom.  Personally I don't like getting spammed and I hardly ever use it, but it is a good tool to have in the squad tactically.  And how do you expect KitKat to get any kills if you take away his OICW/GL? .....

The really sad part about that Cell is its true...  My first reflex when i see an enemy is to switch to GL... lol   wallbashing
WeedWacker

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2006, 03:03:54 am »

You make it sound like the zoom of the OICW rifle changes based on the secondary kit.  If you look at the .gun files within your Ghost Recon data folder you'll see the OICW has a higher number rating for the zoom which equates to more zoom.  The OICW zoom is the best zoom on any assault rifle, SMG, or support kit.  I think the OICW rifle zoom is rated as a 5, an SA80 is a 4, and an M-9 is a 1 for comparison reasons.  I can copy and paste the specific numbers in here but you are 100% wrong on this one Smiley

Ok, here is a screenshot of the m9 (worst zoom) vs the OICW rifle.  The higher the bottom zoom number, the better.

http://mysite.verizon.net/craigminah/oicwzoom.jpg

Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2006, 05:20:33 am »

Weed...I always thought that's the payoff..OICW/GL  Less zoom/auto nades --    OICW Regular/Sensors more zoom....anyway, that's the way I always remembered playing with it. Is that zoom number the same for it with and without gl?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 05:24:05 am by Cell » Logged

cO.twist

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2006, 09:13:22 am »

Weed, are you saying that the zoom on the OICW/GL and the OICW w/ sensors are the same? If you are, then you my friend are 100% wrong Smiley....the OICW w/ sensors has alot more zoom than the OICW/GL.  Anyone that takes both of these kits on a regular basis knows that.

Edit -There is an OICWGL.gun file...the zoom is 3, compared to the oicw.gun, which is 5.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 09:17:17 am by cO.twist » Logged
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2006, 10:23:15 am »

i think i'm dreaming !! I 'm right now agreeing with puni !!! maybe i'm seek ?? ho ya i'm seek bastard !!!

so lets leave it the way it is, its fun and when its no more fun there is other games
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads