*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:56:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  AA 2.5
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AA 2.5  (Read 23299 times)
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2005, 11:16:32 am »

Expect some lag on the new maps, something went wrong with the 2.5 update and the new maps have been lagging for weeks, regardless of server. Atleast on the PC side.

l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2005, 02:01:47 pm »

Expect some lag on the new maps, something went wrong with the 2.5 update and the new maps have been lagging for weeks, regardless of server. Atleast on the PC side.

I haven't seen much lagg. But I have seen alot of empty servers for the new maps I guess that could be the reason.
BTs_GhostSniper
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2005, 05:41:33 am »

W00t!  I'm right in the middle of downloading AA 2.5 for the mac...all 797MB of it!  It still isn't showing up for download on the AA website, but it is on the 3dgamers.com website.[/size]  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
cO.twist

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2005, 10:19:21 am »

http://icculus.org/news/news.php?id=2518

macgamefiles was the fastest, the torrent will prob be the fastest w/in a day. thx for the link sent Smiley
BTs_GhostSniper
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2005, 02:29:59 pm »

I downloaded mine in under an hour from 3dgamers.com...download speed was 615 KB/sec.[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2005, 02:43:48 pm »

Download speed was 615 KB/sec.

lol. Current DL speed from Bitttorrent - average 60kb ... Sad

Ah well can't wait to try it out... see you guys in there, somewhere, hopefully!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2005, 03:23:24 pm »

yeah wtfwtf...

I used 3d gamers, i have 1 meg down, and couldnt get more than 40k...wtf?
it only ever showed one mainline seed...

ANYHOOSAL...HAD TO LET IT RUN ALL NIGHT, AND (oo sry caps) and so now its installing and i will kill you all very soon.

PLEASE! drop Ryan an appreciative email, so he knows that not ALL mac gamers are helpless and hopeless whining babyshits.. The forums were brutal, and we're lucky we got this game at all considering there are only about a hundred of us that play with any regularity.

I will put up my kdx server if we all happen to get together..becuase I think the group of you guys would be great to whip ass with.

See U soon.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2005, 03:35:29 pm »

hehehe, well my internet just farted and im now struggling to get a consistant 10k DL speed from the bitttorrent.... i have a 1mb dl connection this is not right!!

anyway if you guys haven't grown beards, got arthritis and died by the time my DL has finned i't would be great to hook up shiex and co, AA is so much fun when you have a team of guys you know on comms whooping ass Cheesy

(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2005, 05:31:48 pm »

Just played all morning, and heres my review:

the only thing that has changed, that I can tell....

New Maps.
more realistic damage when hit and bleedouts.
LOTS MORE HONOR SERVERS!! woof

Im not sure what i expected..and considering the feel is almost exactly the same, im not entirely sure why they took the time to report it to another engine.
All in all, fine with me..we got it, new maps and im happy.

Drop your feedback whether you players would rather try the teemxpeex route,
or the KDX route?

And does the GR server finder work for you guys? I cant join from it for some reason, and i would like to use that method so we can join each other, and perhaps field a team...?? mb??

AGAIN..PLEASE...drop Ryan a sincere thanks for his time and putting up with all the complaining. Porting a two gig game without major bugs cannot be easy for one guy working all alone.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2005, 05:41:12 pm »

I sent Ryan a email on behalf of *DAMN thanking him for his support of the mac gaming community and for all his hard work in keeping AA alive for the mac... hope it dosn't just drop into his spam filter! Wink

Shiex a few questions for you mate. i keep hearing screaming noises from guys who have just got 2.5 saying it will hardly run, that the fps is about 5-10 on most maps, and totally unplayable.

what set up are you playing AA on, and what settings did u run it at? and did it play ok?

not the teemspeex route - we don't have a server - kdx sounds good Cheesy

(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2005, 06:47:23 pm »

I notices some extra lag on certain servers, but i think its more of a server issue.

I havent tested on my 1 gig PB, Im playing on a daul 2.5 with 2 gigs ram, and a 9800 pro, so i wouldnt be able to asses middle machine performace. Runs to perfection for me, and as long as im on a server thats good, no lag...i have noticed some lag on all the blizzard maps i played,and poly count might be larger, so mb a heavier load. I just couldnt tell ya.

BTs_hooks

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2005, 11:56:26 pm »

im fricken pissed off, the old AA ran like a dream, now with 2.5 im not breaking 15fps, im on a 1.8 G5 with 2 gigs of ram with a 64mb. even with the settings turned all the way down its still choppy
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2005, 11:58:51 pm »

Hey Hooks,

make sure you test a bunch of servers,...
pings arent real indicative of performance..
ive found some really choppy servers with good pings (and im sure it was the server)
keep trying and report back..

i will look for legal .ini tweaks like we used on RVS to get better frames, and let you know.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2005, 12:03:43 am »

Hooks, Pc'ers have been complaining since the second they finished their 2.5 Install, they say its really laggy, so the AA people are pissed and tired of hearing about it/trying to fix it.  Maybe there will be a 2.5.1 something to fix the lag problems.

btw my college hates downloads, so Im getting 20 k a second with a collge speed... wtf I hate my college.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2005, 12:42:55 am »

Ah yeah, the forums were FILLEd with this problem..so i posted this

Some sections may not be the same (ieEditor.Engine) etc..but these setting are common to all UT games..and this is one now...you may have to look thru several .ini files to find them...start with ArmyOps.ini (in application suppport- in user library)

This link is sorta long, but ask anyone that applied these tweaks to Ravenshield and ask them if they worked. It was almost magic. Try this before you give up.

Most important settings are the Cache size (make it match your card) and texture Max/Min lod (number of textures mapped onto each object. (default is 12, try 8-6)

ALSO: BACK UP ANY INI YOU CHANGE!!!!!!
the tactical gamer link contains the entire tweakable list. READ CAREFULLYYYY!!!

http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?p=2047522#2047522
http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=5666&highlight=frame+rates

good luck and report back.

th.Sentinel

« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2005, 02:27:24 am »

What I notices so far with the new AA is the horrible lag!

Extraction is the worst so far, I get 15 fps avarage and 30 fps max outside.
(2x2Ghz G5 with ATI x800XT)
For the first time in a cqb fight I actually lagged out, getting 5 fps or so.
It was impossible to kill the other guy when he was rushing in.

They maybe made it look more realistic when getting hit, but it doesn't make the game more enjoyable that way. Combined with the lag it makes it almost impossible to recover.
I don't really like the new update, maybe in a few weeks I'll get used to it, but for the moment I'm just getting frustrated every time I'm getting shot out of nowhere.

2.5 actually feels like a completely new game, and I don't mean it in a good way.

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2005, 02:10:33 am »

I believe you but that makes no sense, I have a dual 2.5 and everything on ultra, and im staying in the 40-50 range, even in mad fights on extraction...

did you install into ROOT users application folder? Thats one thing i TOTLALY forgot about when dealing with UT games..all of em..they dont like digging around the folder hierarchy looking for games.

th.Sentinel

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2005, 09:35:19 am »

I installed my AA where I installed the other one, in a games folder in my application folder.
Indoors I still manage to get 80+ fps on certain parts of the new maps. But outdoors its just unplayable.

I'm gonna test it and put AA in my app folder to see what difference it makes. If it doesn't help i'm gonna tweak my settings...

btw do you guys like the new interface? I think its ugly, its not as sleak as the previous one was. A lot of typographic errors!  Lips Sealed

Edit: I forgot about this AA specific tweakguide http://www.tweakguides.com/AASF_1.html
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 09:37:49 am by th.Sentinel » Logged

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2005, 12:24:34 pm »

I didn't run 2.3 from my root applications folder... heck i didn't even run it from the main Harddrive (used my secondry internal one instead)... ive installed 2.5 in the root apps folder and to be honest... well 2.5 runs for me like a great big pile of steaming shite.

all settings as low as they will go:

SF extraction: between 6 and 8 fps
SF docks:  between 5 and 8 fps

all of the nomal maps from 2.3... anything between 10 and 15 fps - a firefight normally = about 6 fps

hardware lag, internet lag, totally unplayable game. I have spent more time this afternoon trying to find a decent server than i have actually been playing. they seriously need to update their 'minimum specs' for playing AA on a mac, because sure as hell my setup can't handle it anymore.

all in all... feeling pretty peeved of!   Angry
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 03:37:38 pm by BFG » Logged

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2005, 10:01:49 pm »

BFG its not your computer, my iMac G5 2ghz sounds like a mirror image of what you are experiencing.[/size]

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads