*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:25:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  |?K| Style.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: |?K| Style.  (Read 14161 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« on: April 23, 2002, 07:20:21 pm »

Okay I think that this needs to be cleared up: I have had people chalange me many times when there are like 3 |?K|s on. However they're newbies or trainees who aren't allowed to battle.

|?K| Is divided up into 5 groups: Trainees, Newbies, Reserves, Team members, And Elites.

Out of those only: Elites, Team members and somtimes Newbies are allowed to battle. ?

Trainee - As an |?K| Trainee you will wear your name as |?K| You will be trained by the Elites. ?You will be able to participate in only Scrimage battles ( Non ladder non respect non bragging rights ). ?You will be a trainee until we feel that you have reached the correct level of play. This is represented by a black icon and armpatch.

Newbie - After you're finished with your training you will become an |?K| Newbie. As a newbie you can participate in non ladder battles and battles aganst clans who are ranked below 20. ?This is represented by a Yellow icon and armpatch.

Reserve - A reserve is player who isn't very active. They are not allowed to battle however can be promoted when they become active again this is represened by a White icon.

Team Member - A team member is someone who has been promoted past a newbie and is on either the assult team or the Sniper team, They will become an Elite when they do their first clan battle. ?This is represented by either a Orange or red icon and armpatch. They are allowed to battle however they must make their first clan battle along side 2 commanders.

Elite - An Elite is someone who has completed all steps of training. They can battle anyone. However they must battle along side of a commander. ?The only time that they will not be able to battle is if a certian commander who is not on has requested to be there for the battle. ?The Elite icon is Green with the ?K on it.

Please, Don't fell offended if we don't cb you however we battle another clan. This means that the other clan isn't in the top 20. ( That is for if we're battling with newbies ).

So please If you're in the top 20 look for elites before you chalange us to a battle.

Regards,
Typhy

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2002, 08:07:08 pm »

Shocked someone had to reply..... Grin
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2002, 08:20:08 pm »

As the wise Grifter once said, "Why have them in your clan if you will not allow them to cb, it just doesn't make sense"

If they are not good enough to cb, why the hell should they be in your clan? When I ran a clan, I let just about everyone cb. The only exceptions were those who were in the clan because they were friends/clan artists (PsYcO Zero One).

But then again, by keeping up that kind of practice, you wonder why people say the stuff they say about AK behind your back.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
|?K|*R?p!d?*
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2002, 08:27:04 pm »

We are an organized clan assassin unlike any other and do team training and team strategies.  We work hard with our trainees to teach them |?K|*???L?* killing.  It's more or less like the army.  You can join, but it doesn't mean we are gonna send you to the battlefield because you joined and are qualified.  You will learn to play with us together in unison as a team and then we will execute planned matters in an obviously effective way that has made us #1.  If all that bothers you, you're free to be bothered but it won't change our organized ways that I run this clan with.  |?K|*R?p!d?*
Bondo
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2002, 09:12:22 pm »

I suppose they don't allow them to CB because *gasp* they might lose.  I remember back in the days when CBs were just a way to have a good time through playing another clan with stricter rules than just playing for fun, it wasn't about who was the best clan and who wasn't, it was just about playing.  Therefore anyone in the clan could battle if they wanted to.  With that said, I don't think some DAMNs who got in as moders and other community functions ever really played much so it wasn't an issue, but if you were a DAMN you can battle for DAMN.  Face it Rapid, if AK loses, life will go on.

I wonder what Mauti would have to say about your like an army statement  Smiley
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2002, 09:18:20 pm »

... it wasn't about who was the best clan and who wasn't, it was just about playing. ?Therefore anyone in the clan could battle if they wanted to...

Wait a minute.. that sounds kinda like what *NADS is about...

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
Bondo
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2002, 09:30:44 pm »

I never said those days were completely gone, just fewer and farther between.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2002, 10:49:16 pm »

Rapid, you completely missed Assassin's point (and mine).  KoS, SWAT and PsYcO were (are) three of the best RS clans ever.  Yes, they all "trained" all learned their collective clans style.  The big difference is that those other clans let everyone fight.  Why?  because they didn't let in newbies.  Everyone in SWAT was great.  Pretty much the same with KoS and PsYcO (with the noted exception).  

To put it in your analogy.... if AK is like the army (with drafties and conscripts) then KoS, SWAT and PsYcO were (are) like the elite special forces.  Nobody gets in that can't pull their weight.  So, from our point of view, it would be weird not to let someone in the clan CB.  After all, if they are good enough to get in the door, they are good enough to CB.  

And I agree Bondo, they are a bit too serious anymore, and not as much fun overall.

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Forum Whore

fear my suck!

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2002, 02:17:17 am »

it seems that what |?K| has done is eliminate the stage of "noob" clan that most players would go through. to go with the army analogy:

noob clans = army recruits
regular clans = regular army members
elite clans = special forces

And just as with the Army, if the special forces saw that a member of the regular ranks or a new recruit showed particular promise, they would join the ranks of the elite.

?K seems to have done away with this system, and switched to a "train one and all to be elite." However, I do think that the bullshit about different ranks not being allowed to participate in CB's is very... well... stupid. I can understand having the lowercase ?K's not battle, them being on the extreme edge of noobness. But once they get out of that.. do you really need 4 ranks? yowzers.

*NADS Capt. Anarchy
Leader, Founder, Ownage incarnate
Clan *NADS
|?K|*R?p!d?
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2002, 03:07:32 am »

Thanks for your concerns on how |?K| is running.  There are stages that are still being worked on.  That's why my friend, you have your clan and can do things as you like.  If criticizing us makes you feel better and hope to gain friends by it, then you are probably gonna make tons in here!  Good for you and go ahead and bash more so you can be liked more!  It's the "happening" thing in *DAMN Forums!  All join if you wan't to be "in" and get ready to lose friends if you "don't" (Like poor Bondo has ran into.  Not lost friends, just got lip for sticking up for us).  Get your 2? while all are watching or be left behind...

<Sarcasm again>
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2002, 04:18:12 am »

Now kiddies, back when in the old days, when we did clan battles we bitched about important things like lag, maps, and whether the object of a !~Syrup~! battle was to kill the other team or kill your own.

*Fondly reminisces on getting Wrath on nades not once but twice in a row after 5 minute long stalemates.*

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
|?K|*R?p!d?*
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2002, 05:10:21 am »

Now kiddies, back when in the old days, when we did clan battles we bitched about important things like lag, maps, and whether the object of a !~Syrup~! battle was to kill the other team or kill your own.

*Fondly reminisces on getting Wrath on nades not once but twice in a row after 5 minute long stalemates.*

Heh, "back in the days"...

New generation, New issues...

Makes you appreciate the good ol' days...

Everything changes...

It helps for oldies to be cool and hand down information...

MacMan

Dyslexics UNTIE!!

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2002, 05:57:26 am »

hmmm, you guys are taking this way too serious right now (theres a time and place for that  Grin ). Just play, have fun, and be embarrased by the occasional lost CB

smile! be happy!  Cheesy do some online assing to piss rapid off (all in the spirit of good fun of course).

and, uhm, on a personal note ={Screw ranks}=

Grin

I love deadlines. I'm especially fond of the swooshing sound they make as they go by.
- Douglas Adams
jn.wrath
Special Forces
Forum Whore

kill whitey

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2002, 11:44:20 am »

The only reason you won those two rounds was b/c of your lack of balls and lack of skills to face me w/o grenades. Every time you guys faced us off w/o camping, you lost badly. Anyone remember the game where the only way the SEALs won even a single game was to CAMP ROAD AMBUSH FOR ALL IT WAS WORTH? We never did finish that CB. Get your SEALs together, I'll get the PODs together and we'll finish that, fool. Navy can IP join since he is on AIM frequently and I can round up a few PODs.

A side question for 455: When was the first instance you remember of someone humping? You were in Syrup, so you were probably present at it's first use in R6..

goddammit this blows
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2002, 11:54:56 am »

I don't really care what you think about this, I just posted this as a reminder of why we won't battle everyone with certian players.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2002, 12:01:28 pm »

it seems that what |?K| has done is eliminate the stage of "noob" clan that most players would go through. to go with the army analogy:

noob clans = army recruits
regular clans = regular army members
elite clans = special forces

Exactually Anarchy! While most clans just offer just one of those teams, |?K| offers all of them!  We have our "Army recruits" which is our trainees.

Regular Army Members - Our newbie section

We also offer an Army Reserve - Our reserves

Special forces - Our Elites.

For the harder missions or clan battles you want to have your elite forces, That is why we have to have elites to battle inside the top 20. ( That may soon be reduced to 12 ).  For an easier mission aganst a weaker clan we an send the regular army members in under command of an elite.

-Typhy

Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2002, 03:27:21 pm »

Well Tyhpy, you must have cared.. just a little... because you could just have "only our elite players (the ones with the green armpatch) are allowed to CB.  Because that's the bare minimum of facts that anyone needed to know (and no need for the "top 20 clan, since no clan below the rank of 17 has any CB's on the current ladder).

So, if you didn't want to hear comments on the other stuff, then you brought it to the wrong place.  And since when are all comments "criticizing" (from Rapid's post)?  

The other thing I would say is thanks for telling us to only challenge the greenies.  Because Rapid loves to yell at us about challenging his newbies, and how the hell was anyone supposed to know who the newbie was (you are a whole clan of newbies to some of the vets here).  And no, that's not a flame... it's just the truth.  So, at least now when Rapid yells that someone is challenging his newbies, he'll be justified (and not just correct.)  Seeing as now people have an idea of what you are talking about.  

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
|?K|*R?p!d?*
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2002, 03:34:42 pm »

LOL Cool
Oso
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2002, 05:43:34 pm »

|AK| style killing = tking
|?K|*R?p!d?*
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2002, 11:51:50 pm »

Yeah Oso! That's It!  That's how we got to the Top!  You unveiled us!
                        <Sarcasm>

children...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads