*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:04:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: You guys deserve an explaination  (Read 6547 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« on: July 25, 2005, 04:10:37 am »

When I first saw this thread today, my first thought was how I could fight it. Before even stopping to think, my mind has isolated the many weak points in the case, and I was getting ready to exploite them. But then I stopped, I had to think for a minute. Your word is who you are. I honestly could not, even if I were gaurenteed to be successful, stand up right now and I say I didn't do it.

So, here it is, plain and clear, the complete truth: Yes, I cheated. I started cheating in maybe Febuary? Something along those lines, of this year. I used a console activated no recoil back, coupled with a perfect reticule hack ( maybe 10% of the time ).

The most common thing I've heard said to me on GR since, is "Why? You were a great player already. Why would you need that?"

I get all of 5 FPS running a hack. Do you really think that makes me a better player? Ha! Not a chance.

"So if it's not about wanting to be better, then what is it?"

Well, truth is, it's about making a point.

I loved RVS. When the cheating issue first came up, I was the first one to speak out against it. Harvey and I were the two admins to devote the most time to dealing with the issue. We did our best, we used all our resources, and we failed. I came up with a way to deal with the problem myself. I'd cheat for a couple months, then say I'd done it, just to prove to everyone that it can be done, very easily. Only problem? I had a 1GHZ G4, I couldn't run hacks AT ALL. Come Febuary, I believe, I got a 1.5GHZ Powerbook. With this, I was able to run the hacks. I found that, while the hacks allowed me to hit amazing shots, my actual kill/death scores weren't very impressive with them at all. But, just like anyone, if I go from playing at 5 FPS to playing at 50 FPS, my playing improves TONS. I'd switch back and forth, hacks, real, hacks real.

So why is this a problem? Why didn't I tell you guys about this back in, oh, April? Very simple. MP5 won the *DBL. No, we didn't cheat. I never once used a cheat in a CB. I had two seperate copies of RVS, one with hacks and the lowest possible graphics settings, one clean, with maxed out graphics. I'd use the clean one for CBs, and right before CBs ( for preperation ), and the hacked one in regular games.

I knew that if I came forward and said "I've been running cheats for 2 months", no one would believe me that I hadn't used them in CBs. At this point, I stopped playing RVS for the most part. This was going to die, with my gaming career, as my little secret.

So was what I was doing purely a nobel effort to rid this community of cheaters? Don't I wish. It started out that way, but then it became more. It became a game, a game of "Hey, I can do this, I can flaunt it right infront of your faces, and you can't catch it". The gaming wasn't satisfying, I got less kills than I would without it, but the attitude that it was right infront of everyone's faces, but they couldn't catch on was. I won't deny that for a second.

I have tons of respect for Sheix and BFG. They did this for the right reasons. And to be honest? They did a damn good job. Also, I would like to say that no one, no one whatsoever, had knowledge of this aside from me. On top of that, it was NEVER used in a CB.

Why should you trust a cheater? Pfft, I know I sure as hell wouldn't. I didn't try to fight this, I choose honesty rather than protecting my reputation. If I were going to lie, I'd certainly portray myself in a much better light than publically saying "I cheated".

I've kept it on an outside level so far, now let's go a little deeper.

I am incredibly sorry to everyone out there. The people this hurts most are my friends. Only a few people stood up for me, despite the fact that I hadn't even commented on this subject. You guys are my true friends.

I accept full responsibility. I used cheats. I also learned quite a few things, and one is how to spot a cheater a mile off.

This is a discrace to me, all my friends throughout this community, as well as ever other RS veteran. You have my most sincere apologies. Nothing more I can give. I'm sorry. 

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 04:24:18 am »

The honesty is appreciated.

Regardless of how this community will choose to deal with this sincere apology, you've been a true friend to me for more than three years, and yes, while your actions were... well... questionable, and probably not well thought through, I am choosing to stand by you, because people make mistakes. It is how we choose to follow up on our mistakes that makes us who we are.

Typhy, you've been there for me, and now I'm going to be there for you.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Golo

Microsoft (where the queers are)

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 05:26:25 am »

Awright,
So i haven't played a CB in a long time (Rs days), but i still check out the DAMN forums often, and still feel like a part of this community, although being an "old schooler'. Typhy your credibility is shot, and you will always be known now as a cheater, you dumbass, I don't feel bad for you but i feel bad for Snipe, who is a good kid, and will always be looked at as a cheater by association.  You only apologize cuz you gots  pinched...I HOPE U CAN'T FIND A GAME cuz regarless of what u play, glitchers/spawncampers/hackers/cheaters should be hung by the balls, and the only way you'll learn is by taking away the only thing u know..Gamranger

Herhe! Herhe ?
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 05:34:42 am »

It's cool dude, you only cheated yourself in something of no significance in the scheme of things, perhaps if this teaches you a minor lesson in honesty that you can apply to life, it will have been for the better, for the virtuous are invincible.

PS.

My only discourse with you ever was when I told you to go fuck yourself for giving me shit about lean walking, and that discourse still stands.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 05:43:53 am by c| Spetsnaz. » Logged

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 06:43:16 am »

I have too much history with Typhy to rationally respond to this but I will say that I believe in Typhy's integrity enough that he wouldn't use those cheats in a clan battle. Argue with me, call me a fool, but that is not the Typhy I knew.

To the community: This is Typhy's mistake not MP5's don't make them pay for something they had no part in.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
0 Duncan Idaho

Crucify the ego, before its far to late.

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 07:52:31 am »

Yes, I cheated...maybe 10% of the time

How did you come up with this number? And is smaller better somehow?

I'd cheat for a couple months, then say I'd done it, just to prove to everyone that it can be done, very easily.

Ahhhh, I see. You were doing it to help us. To save us from ourselves, cause we're way to fucking stupid to realize that cheating could be done easily...

I get all of 5 FPS running a hack. Do you really think that makes me a better player? Ha! Not a chance...I got less kills than I would without it...Well, truth is, it's about making a point. I loved RVS. When the cheating issue first came up, I was the first one to speak out against it.

Does anyone else think that typhy is actually a martyr to his own outstanding morals? If only more people would protect and nurture gameranger and RvS like this wonderful person...

So was what I was doing purely a nobel effort to rid this community of cheaters? Don't I wish. It started out that way...It became a game, a game of "Hey, I can do this, I can flaunt it right infront of your faces, and you can't catch it"...I didn't try to fight this, I choose honesty rather than protecting my reputation. If I were going to lie, I'd certainly portray myself in a much better light than publically saying "I cheated".

This one is just freaking choice. It started out as a noble effort??? Fucking amazing. He thinks we didn't know from the beginning, and he still thinks he has a reputation to protect. "I chose honesty" !?!?!? that's just goddamned incredible...fucking classic

You should try politics, cause excuses like the ones you just posted might allow Dick Cheney to get you elected next time around.

The honesty is appreciated.
Honesty? Are you kidding? Sorry he's snowjobbed you too Snipe. If a person can't even be real in an online video game, do you think the rest of that person's world is really what he says?

Little angel go away. Come again some other day. I'll never hear a word you say. The devil has my ear today...
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 08:10:21 am »

So was what I was doing purely a nobel effort to rid this community of cheaters? Don't I wish. It started out that way...It became a game, a game of "Hey, I can do this, I can flaunt it right infront of your faces, and you can't catch it"...I didn't try to fight this, I choose honesty rather than protecting my reputation. If I were going to lie, I'd certainly portray myself in a much better light than publically saying "I cheated".

What sucks is this is EXACTLY why cheaters cheat.  The thrill of winning and the thrill of dominating without the other guy being wise to it.  I suck at RvS and you could have beat me from here to Alaska without even trying, but what bothers me is that cheating like this made me put down the game in the first place and will make me leave it again.  Its why there are so few new comers to this game.  They'd rather stick to GhR and know they have an even shot.

Why has RvS always been underplayed... this shit right here.  What sucks is you seem like a nice enough guy who did someting dumb in an avenue of life that is meant to just have fun.  The only person you really really hurt is yourself.

Everytime you cheated and I was in the room, you wated my time.  Thanks, jerk.

Po~ReverendMoss

Teabaggin' griefers since the Dawn of the Milennia

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 08:15:22 am »

I'm gonna throw my two cents in right here: Good riddance. Screw your reasons, screw your motives. Maybe others will take this to heart and refuse these kinds of assists. Half the game is losing, and if you can't deal with that then you have no business playing. Amp your self-esteem elsewhere.

:End Transmission:
cO.libre

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 08:28:45 am »

i agree with weak on this. weak and i have slowly moved into raven shield throughout the past month or so and are now moving back to ghost recon because these things become apparent. i am disapointed, typhy. thanks for the honesty but what the hell makes you want to do these sort of things? if you are so insecure about your playing abilities i would suggest you either keep practicing or quit all together. there are many in the game that have made themselves nearly untouchable because of practice, not through hacks. i think that your cheating is a sign of the future of raven shield. as for me, ive moved back to ghost recon because for all i know its hack free...

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 09:53:21 am »

I stand by Typhy, but I also stand by the DAMN rulebook.

That's like standing by the Devil, but also standing by The Bible!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 10:06:52 am by TiroFino » Logged

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 09:59:55 am »

""""""So, to those people. . . Killer, Ferret, and any others. . . I don't fucking cheat. You want to see the same stuff I was doing, watch the DR guys, any of the other MP5 guys, Niklot, Sheix, or any other experienced and skilled RVS player. To me, when you accuse me of cheating, you're saying "You're on a level so far above me that it seems impossible to me that we can be playing the same game". Obviously, it's no surprised that only a newbie would have that attitude. Read up, study up, and learn to play before you make bullshit acquisations.

Have a nice day,

Typhy"""""""

http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=8805.0

NOT ONLY A CHEATER BUT YOU ARE ALSO A LIAR TYPHY.  -  Blocked his ass.  - KITKAT
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 10:11:26 am »

""""""So, to those people. . . Killer, Ferret, and any others. . . I don't fucking cheat. You want to see the same stuff I was doing, watch the DR guys, any of the other MP5 guys, Niklot, Sheix, or any other experienced and skilled RVS player. To me, when you accuse me of cheating, you're saying "You're on a level so far above me that it seems impossible to me that we can be playing the same game". Obviously, it's no surprised that only a newbie would have that attitude. Read up, study up, and learn to play before you make bullshit acquisations.

Have a nice day,

Typhy"""""""

http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=8805.0

NOT ONLY A CHEATER BUT YOU ARE ALSO A LIAR TYPHY.  -  Blocked his ass.  - KITKAT

hahaha, that's awesome! lol besides that, i completely agree with 0 Duncan Idaho, excellent observation and interpretation of Typhy's "apology" which wasn't really one... but rather another insult to the community. how you described it in words, man, just perfect. couldn't have said it better. Smiley

on another note, though... Typhy has been banned and isn't able to read this personally anymore or reply... so i think we should not go too much further, although i'm pretty sure he'll still be able to read this as guest or will at least get it copy/pasted by somebody. he (and his clan) got their punishment, a double-stuffed permaban.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 10:17:42 am by Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 10:21:20 am »

Quote: http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=8805.msg119166#msg119166
Typhy, everytime soneone has said the word "cheating" in these forums or on GR theres always a lot of verbal abuse towards the person who said "cheating" out loud
I started this thread, talking about cheating. I lead the intial investigation into cheating allegations, along with Harvey.

As an RVS player, I don't think it's in the best interest of the RVS community for people to be thinking that cheating is a major issue.

I wonder why he feels that way!!!! Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 10:23:43 am by TiroFino » Logged

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
core.Sinister

Check your six!!

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 12:10:17 pm »

When I first saw this thread today, my first thought was how I could fight it. Before even stopping to think, my mind has isolated the many weak points in the case, and I was getting ready to exploite them. But then I stopped, I had to think for a minute. Your word is who you are. I honestly could not, even if I were gaurenteed to be successful, stand up right now and I say I didn't do it.

Touching

So, here it is, plain and clear, the complete truth: Yes, I cheated. I started cheating in maybe Febuary? Something along those lines, of this year. I used a console activated no recoil back, coupled with a perfect reticule hack ( maybe 10% of the time ).

The most common thing I've heard said to me on GR since, is "Why? You were a great player already. Why would you need that?"

I get all of 5 FPS running a hack. Do you really think that makes me a better player? Ha! Not a chance.

A no recoil / Retlock hack will not lower your FPS period it would merly be a function change and infact could (depending on the size of RVS's recoil and ret functions) give you a better FPS. Either your totally bsing or you were using a multihack which I expect you were but like a true pussy are only admitting to those that you have to.

No need to quote the rest as its pretty much total bullshit.

To say you didnt use it in CB's is crap and you know it. Im not gonna go into the whole season 10 finals thing but it doesnt matter now as im pretty sure DAMN will revoke that anyway.

As I think sheix mentioned somewhere but maybe not in these words. We know whats possible and whats not in terms of shots and gameplay you were one of those guys who pulled unrealistic shots a hell of a lot of the time. Unfortunatly you got carried away and got slack in hiding it.

As for the rest of the clan. Well I trust they were either unaware or didnt use this hack themselves we had suspitions on Typhy and watched the rest of the clan very closely.

This is the part where with pretty much anyone else I would say how I still respect you as a person and the fact that you had cheated would only tarnish your reputation as a player.

But with you Typhy I have nothing good to say. Youve gone out of your way to make things hard for our clan basically because your a racist. Your dislike for Flies and Civic and pretty much anyone else who doesnt speak english as primary language proves this.

That is all.
NiKLoT

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 12:29:57 pm »

OUUUUUUUUCH!!!!!!!!!
that hurts as hell. damnit typhy i really trusted u never ever thought u would cheat. Im not angry at all but disappointed.. i feel so bad. you were and are one of my good friends on gr but im not sure at all if ill be able to trust u in future. Weak and leen u guys are both really cool and a + for the rvs community hmm "are" or do i have to say were?? i understand that u return to ghr but, what is the goal of terrorism? the goal is to feel us unsafe and to be afraid of every further step we have to do cuz we are not sure if a bomb will detonate there. 1 possibility is to run back to ur home and hide in buker, wrong choice if u ask me (dont get it wrong leen and weak i dont call u chicken its just my point of view). An other possibility is to come out of the holes and tell the terrorist to fuck off well u cant do that but at least show them that they cant force us to b scared! I think its similar in this case u really want to stop playing rvs cuz of cheaters? B4 lee was working on an anti-cheatsoftwear i think i would have choosen the 1st possibility too but! lees in da hous! instead of running away, cobat it! Lee is doing some real good work and as soon as we will be able to dl the anti-cheatsofwear i will feel 100% sure that im not playing with cheaters!  

To all hackers out there if u real this topic and the other one: Typhy Betrays MP5 and RVS community by cheating. Vid attached. i hope ull c that its not woth it to cheat!

Now im not sure if it was positive or negative that typhy got cought, dont understand me wrong hacking is totally shit but now everyone will think even quicker then b4 that a good player is cheating. On the other hand now typhy got cought the players c it is possible to catch them and if there were more cheaters they will be cought sonner or later too. As i said as soon as lees anti cheatsoftwear is out well be safe

Ok i think i have to excuse me for my bad english but i hope u understand what i want to say and after this incident i had to writ how i c the situation.

in hope that the rvs community will never die cuz of cheater
best regards NiK
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 12:41:35 pm by BBs|NiKLoT » Logged
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005, 12:50:11 pm »

Ty nik for the praise.. once the good anti hack is done.. I will reviel who the developers are....... Lets just say one ofthem is the guy who made the hack that all the other PC hacks wre made from.. so trust me.. it will wrok good.. I'm just doing the beta testing of it. But I did take the stance to rid the hackers from OUR RvS games.. And i got these guysto start working on there anti hack agian (they stopped b/c of lack of intrest). The anti hack will be a required mod for playing in the MGL and you will have to have it installed to play in my sever once its finished (if you join without it.. you will be auto kicked for not having it.So hacker beware.. dont do it.. b/c you never know who is watching you

One other thing.. plz dont start accusing peeps of hacking b/c they play good.. Let the guys who have expirence find them.. Just accusing someone of doing it will just cause more probs. If you have a concern about someone send me a pm on the BTs forum (the Server forum) and keep it to yourself.. TY
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 09:19:44 pm by BTs_Lee.Harvey » Logged

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005, 04:05:06 pm »

Great responses from everyone, and i would say i have to agree with most. I had to drop in here and ask that you take a look at a follow-up post concerning this issue in another thread "Looking forward in the RVS Community" and ask that you take a moment (or ten in my case) and read mine and BFG's posts about what we want from all of you.

Again, thanks for the passionate responses, and rest assured,
I WILL MAKE THIS FUCKING GAME FUN AGAIN EVEN IF IT KILLS ME!!!!!

http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=8964.0

Grin

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2005, 04:33:02 pm »

guys cheaters are cheaters if u cant stand cheating then stop CBing !!!!! u think he is the only one !!!! they all do !!!! most of the time, look at some guys always finishing every game alone runing at u on map !!!

and ghr is the worse of all and no one want to fight against it !!!!! even some of my pposts aout  every way to cheat as been removed !!!!, i would prefere that all cheat like a mod so at least it would be egual and until this append i wont or almost not CB, cause i dont want to get fucked
Specialy when i know and cant proove !!!!
I will only CB against some guys and some clans, and i'm still sorry i cant CB BFG ;-) !!!!
cause that a man u can trust !!!!

ps for info i will use cheats in free practice some times so u all can see what it does on skills and u will all be disgusted!! and maybe i say maybe u will stop doing pre season games against cheaters without any anti cheats !!!!!!! cause thats guys is realy stupid !! or just u realy dont care, personlay i do so i wont CB until i'm 90% sure there is no cheats
NiKLoT

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2005, 04:52:27 pm »

could some1 turn this guy off?? ghost u can talk about ghr but as sheix said hell rather die then leave the cheaters being cheaters and sheix just so u know ill die with u if it must be!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005, 05:00:12 pm »

guys cheaters are cheaters if u cant stand cheating then stop CBing !

Or catch them, show them up and stop them. Personally i enjoy playing Ghost, and im not prepared to let them win.

I will only CB against some guys and some clans, and i'm still sorry i cant CB BFG ;-) !!!!
cause that a man u can trust !!!!

And im sorry you don't feel you can cb to.

Regarding cheats in Ghost Recon Its not something i have any knowledge off other than when we caught players using the 'no fog' hack and such like. But people can always be caught - and Ghost Recon has a immense advantage over Raven-Shield with the "record game' feature.

Oh and Niklot, tell me about it, you've no idea how many times ive had to 'noob kill myself' !! (*cough* yeah thats my excuse anyway Wink ) but you just can't watch people when your alive!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 05:23:53 pm by BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads