*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:54:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anybody ever use the Camera Connection feature with their iPod?  (Read 4267 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: February 21, 2006, 04:37:40 am »

Okay, so I bought this 60GB iPod mainly to use as a portable hard drive to download my pictures onto from my Canon EOS 20D Digital Camera.  Only problem is, I can't get it to download the pictures.  I'm doing everything the way the instructions say, but when I hook up the camera, the iPod tells me the device is not supported.  I called Apple and they tell me I need to call Canon.  I call Canon and they tell me I need to call Apple.  Anybody else use the Camera Connection feature on their iPod?[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 10:32:55 pm »

gs, i am pretty sure you need to buy the camera connector extension, the ipod does not support a direct software feature to back up your camera HD.

Also, with such a nice camera, you should buy a portable backup/ photo viewer that supports RAW format, i will use this opportunity to cheaply promote our photographer specific product:

http://www.amptronix.com/products/mobile-electronics/pmp/mp3.html
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 10:37:19 pm by BTs_FahQ2 » Logged

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 10:40:00 pm »

gs, i am pretty sure you need to buy the camera connector extension, the ipod does not support a direct software feature to back up your camera HD.

Also, with such a nice camera, you should buy a portable backup/ photo viewer that supports RAW format, i will use this opportunity to cheaply promote our photographer specific product:

http://www.amptronix.com/products/mobile-electronics/pmp/mp3.html

I did buy the little $26 Apple Camera Connector.  You hook it to the dock connector on the iPod then you hook the camera's USB cable into it.  Then it's supposed to import the pictures to the iPod...but it doesn't!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

BTs_FahQ2

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 10:43:43 pm »

do you have the latest software upgrade, can be that:

http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 10:49:05 pm »

do you have the latest software upgrade, can be that:

http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/

Yep, did that too!

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 10:51:45 pm »

What I'm starting to wonder is why you seem to have so much tech trouble compared to everyone... Poor GS.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 10:53:19 pm »

Probly because he buys more tech stuff than the rest of us combined

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 11:33:02 pm »

Well, I have an external hard drive, and haven't FUBARed it. Have a iPod Video, know how to eject it. Also, use a camera connecter without it having any trouble. But wooooooo tech trouble.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 12:02:54 am »

Well, I have an external hard drive, and haven't FUBARed it. Have a iPod Video, know how to eject it. Also, use a camera connecter without it having any trouble. But wooooooo tech trouble.

Well, if you use a camera connector with your iPod, then explain what I should be doing.  I was asking for help...and you are in my clan!

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 12:05:45 am »

Yea but my premium is gonna expire soon  Wink. Anyways, it's a matter of simply using the software... I mean how does one describe something that should "just work". Maybe it's just the camera that's unsupported?

John Lennon
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 12:23:57 am »

Maybe it's just the camera that's unsupported?

The Canon EOS 20D is on Apple's list of supported cameras for use with the Camera Connector on the iPod.

BTs_FahQ2

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 12:33:03 am »

when in doubt, try to find another digital camera to backup, if it works then it's the camera connector, if not, you are sir are broken!

www.rmgraphix.com
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 10:52:49 am »

As Fah said, but you could go to the nearest apple store to see if they can make it work ?

They are supposed to be geniuses Smiley

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 09:48:01 pm »

As Fah said, but you could go to the nearest apple store to see if they can make it work ?

The nearest Apple Store is 400 miles away![/size]

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 01:47:08 am »

Did you try another camera yet? I'm sure there's more than one camera in 400 miles.

John Lennon
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2006, 01:57:50 am »

Did you try another camera yet? I'm sure there's more than one camera in 400 miles.

I havn't yet, no.  I don't have another digital camera to try it out on, and nobody else in my family uses digital.  I'll figure something out though.[/size]

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2006, 02:05:44 am »

Use your might Ford [fleet] Sale Manager position to slap around some lower at the dealership to get one.

John Lennon
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 11:49:18 pm »

The nearest Apple Store is 400 miles away![/size]

awww. I thought you had a private jet..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads