*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:14:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  Palm to be sold... To Apple?!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Palm to be sold... To Apple?!  (Read 2035 times)
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: February 08, 2006, 09:53:04 pm »

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1520

Though vague and rumor-y I think this would be great. The market for PDAs is just full of so much shit; hopefully if this happened we would see some great innovative products from Apple. It is a bit thin, but still quite interesting.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
cottonmouth

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 06:28:05 pm »

The market for PDAs is just full of so much shit

Agreed.  I gave up a long time ago on the whole palm thing. I just use my iPod for addresses and all that stuff.  Twould be sweet if apple took things over. iPalm/Pod? with video, MP3 and all the other goodies apple would throw in there.

Taken from MOSR today. (I know MOSR is not dependable, but the sun shines on a dogs ass every now and than)

Rumors are rapidly gaining momentum, suggesting that Apple is preparing to buy out Palm Computing and merge the Palm platform with the iPod. Given that we have been talking about a feature-rich iPod that fully realizes its potential as a handheld computing platform, this makes far more sense than at any previous time in the past when these rumors have made their perennial appearances. More on this in our next round of updates....we think this could be one of the biggest rumors of 2006, and that's saying something given the tremendous historic significance of this year! Stay tuned.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 07:55:31 pm »

I totally agree on the palm thing sucks, but if they were supposed to buy Palm, I think they are more interessted in their cellphone capabilities, and Apple would sooo scrap the UI.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 08:00:10 pm »

hmm an apple PDA / ipod / phone... well i must confess i would probably buy one.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 08:44:16 pm »

Creative's answer will be the moto-Brick (cellphone one) with their brick of a video player taped to the back... with new UNIVERSAL dock... on all 2 of their products.

I'm so excited.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Civrock

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 10:26:21 pm »

Maybe like this? Heh.

Apple's today released patent

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads