*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:20:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  CoD 2 coming to the Mac?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CoD 2 coming to the Mac?  (Read 11055 times)
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2006, 09:11:58 pm »

Final system requirements will be given once testing of those requirements is complete - typically 4-6 weeks before the game ships.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Because all users have different ideas of what it means for a game to be 'playable', some users may feel a game plays fine on a Mac that is slightly below the minimum requirements. Aspyr bases its recommendations on testing various configurations against the requirements set.

No system requirements yet  Wink

I know what it sais on Aspyr.  Did you even read my post? "any guesses on the system requirements?" shall I define the word guess for you?

v. guessed, guess·ing, guess·es
v. tr.
To predict (a result or an event) without sufficient information.
To assume, presume, or assert (a fact) without sufficient information.
To form a correct estimate or conjecture of: guessed the answer.
To suppose; think: I guess he was wrong.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 09:14:07 pm by cO.krush » Logged

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 07:37:11 pm »

Call of Duty 2 owns hard. You Mac-gamers are going to have a real treat when it releases.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2006, 08:15:39 pm »

System Requirements:

• Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
• CPU Processor: PowerPC G5 or Intel chipset
• CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz or faster
• Memory: 512 MB or higher
• Hard Disk Space: 4.0 GB free disk space
• Video Card (ATI): Radeon 9600 or better
• Video Card (NVidia): GeForce FX 5200 or better
• Video Memory (VRam): 64 MB or higher
• Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported.  Internet play requires broadband connection.
• Media Required: DVD Drive
• *Supported Video cards: NVIDIA GeForce 5200, 6600, 6800, 7800 ATI Radeon 9600, 9650, 9700, 9800, X600, X800, X850, X1600

Recommended System Requirements:

• Call of Duty 2 runs best on a Power Mac G5 or Intel 2.0 GHz or faster
• Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.5 or later
• CPU Processor: PowerPC G5 or Intel chipset
• CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz or faster
• Video RAM: 128 MB

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 05:37:44 pm »

anyone know if CoD mac and PC versions will be compatible?

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 11:54:25 pm »

yes.  and yes.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2006, 08:45:23 am »

oh yea... and saberian claims this should be able to run on just about any G5... bastard got an early demo Angry

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2006, 01:25:27 pm »

yeah hehe, Sab says it runs brilliantly (just as the original CoD ran so damn well on just about any G4)

Should be a real corker, ever review i've read is just saying its CoD but so much better!!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 08:24:48 am »

well this game is pretty damn amazing... the single player alone is worth the money.  Runs absolutely perfect on a 1.9ghz iMac G5 w/ a 128mb x600 Pro

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 01:04:43 pm »

Oh so thats why you havn't been playing AA with us?

God damn it when i get my new pro tower this winter i'll be getting my hands on a copy, the original SP of CoD just blew me away, its still (in my opinion) one of the very best Single player   games around

(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2006, 09:11:48 pm »

Why yes, its a lovely game.

At first i wasnt sure I liked it.
They changed the damage model..so it takes a SHITLOAD of hits with the smaller auto weaps.

Some serious differences, and some getting used to..but VERY good.
I havent even tried the SP yet, the MP was so good.
But the SP in the other three versions have all been top notch..i expect nothing less here.

At first i was frustrated by the no sprint, but what it does, is reward teamword, and punishes Lone-Wolfism. Once i got used to this fact..my kill ratio went from 1-1, to about 3-1. The guns are weak enough that you cnanot rape and pillage by yourself..the bullts just wont kill lots of enemies, and you end up stranded, and empty.

Dual 2.5 with 9800xt pro, and i still have to turn some shit down in the 50 man games, but still...
gets framey when every one throws smoke..

For those of you that may not like the modifications, there are several mod servers that put the missing features back in. Sprinting, smoke nades...etc.

And of course No GR support.

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 05:07:41 am »

After finishing the SP missions I must say I'm rather disappointed... Even though every mission is different from the first game I feel like I'm just playing CoD 1 over again.

(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2006, 02:57:28 am »

Anyone know if voice works on the mac version?

±im assuming not..becuase that would mean that they released a version that contained all the features they advertised..and we all know that would be just stupid.

Its shit like this that makes me almost smile at the thought that mac gaming is dead, becuase im fucking sick of the treatment (or nontreatment) that mac gamers get from the porters.

They wonder why the console took over...well maybe its becuase computer gamers are tired of getting screwed over. Not that the consolers arent..but right now they are getting the attention..and support.

I still like the game somewhat well, becuase i guess i just needed to see a few maps, but now that ive played it..i wonder a few things..like why the FUCK take all the best loved features of the COD series?

vehicles, satchels, bazookas...cooking nades..its like they stripped the game back to its basics..and took all the cool shit out. The weapons are weak, the nades are weak...
I know for a FACT that die hard COD players were never even considered or consulted in this remake, or else all the good shit wouldnt have disappeared.

Which is a shame, but toally par for the course.

COD3?  hahah FUCK YOU activision..you bunch of stupid ignorant fucks.
See if you get another DIME out of me.

Ill download anything that ever comes out from them again..im starting to not give a shit about them, as they dont give a shit about us. let it die then..

See how that works?

ruin everything thats good, then charge an ASSLOAD for it.

I wont be suckered again.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2006, 03:06:49 am »

Console multiplayer is still very weak in my opinion. There just isn't the flow or communal sense that there is with computer game apps. It feels like it was designed for a community of about 50 players; and yet there are thousands.

By the time we all get new macs, they will all be x86; thus windows booting. That's where the games will be played because in the end, Aspyr will charge more – three months later, missing at least one key feature – for the same game. They will then post a loss and cut back the number of ports to one per year and make sure it's called either Quake, Doom, or The Sims.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
cO.twist

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2006, 09:31:55 pm »

vehicles, satchels, bazookas...cooking nades..its like they stripped the game back to its basics..and took all the cool shit out.

Almost all of this stuff, along with sprinting wasnt in the original CoD either..it all came in United Offensive.  So, hopefully they'll release something that will include these features.  Of course, we'll have to spend another $40 or so for that.

Pedro

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 06:14:52 pm »

Yes, it does Pwn!

Pwn Joo All !
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 10:18:40 pm »

Screw you and your summer hours Twist ...flaming bag of mosquito shit!  I have no one to harrass on IM all day.  GG  golfing putter ass.  I bet you have a wicked sock tan from having your argyles pulled up to your knees.  Offtopic

I know a lot of you guys liked the first one, but I was over it pretty quick. Felt very repetitive....I kept waiting to get satchels to toss at the other team.  Though it was rather satisfying to see about 5-6 names pop up as "killed" when it did detonate. It seems that weaker weapons contributes to more shots to kill an oponnent.  I personally like games with a more realistic feel. Now that I know they have stripped all the features that I liked from CoD1 out of CoD 2  and charge ...and I quote "an ASSLOAD for it"  I sure as hell wouldn't shell out one of my dogs old dehydrated turds for that game. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 10:28:07 pm by Cell » Logged

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
dr. letum

"Running from A to B, No more hookers and LSD"

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2006, 01:57:52 am »

Have any of you guys been playing the MP version?  If so, where?Huh wallbashing

I Ain't Got No Learnin'!
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2006, 07:48:19 am »

I play a TON on Moongamers 64 man servers, and Devils #2...
Hope to see you ther E-letum.

.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2006, 05:15:22 pm »

CoD2 is very fun. Especially single player.  It consumed me for a week straight.  Althought multiplay is very fun also I couldnt really get into it.  After about 1/2 hour of multi action it just gets repetative, old and boring.  For those of you that like eye candy, CoD2 certainly has alot of that.  Smoke nades are the best ive seen.

Ill tell you something, the game you all really want to be ported over is Battlefield2.  That game never gets old.  You can play one kit for a few months and get tired of it then play with another kit.  You get tired of that become a Jet pilot, get tired of that become a chopper pilot.  I dunno if this game has been announce for Mac yet but if I were you, I would start sending emails to aspyr now about acquiring this game.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2006, 06:08:55 pm »

WB Voods Wink

When i finally starve myself to near death and use the proceeds to by my pimped out Pro-Mac in the new year, without doubt BF2 will be one of the top 3 or so games that will be boughed and booted into the bootcamped windows drive.
It hasn't been annoucned for mac, and i really doubt it ever will to be honest. Although the graphics and game pretty much blow me away im not quite so sure about the rater 'Quake-esk' arcade style. Is the game 'moddible' and Voods have you ever seen anything along the lines of a 'action half life' for BF2 ? Action-BF2 would blow my socks off.

well a guy can dream... until then AA2.5 i guess Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads