*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:44:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clan Member Limit?  (Read 13587 times)
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2005, 06:00:31 am »

we havent heard anything official from 357, the leader of the clan this would effect the most....

I believe [a] and {E} have the same number of members... if I counted correctly they both have 21.

That's according to the current BL rosters.

Well, do you see a lot of our members active? NO. We have been a long standing clan and gradually (not overnight) built our team up and not because we want more players to cb with, but because our "friends first" way of doing things has meant we can welcome new players and not kick our non-active friends. Hell we're lucky to have 8 members on at the same time, if we're lucky. As it happens, we probably have about 10 very inactive members at the moment - meaning they come on gameranger once every green moon. Then there's our locations. We don't descriminate in anyway when it comes to a players location. So we have members from Europe, NZ, Australia, America, Asia and so on....which means some of us play at different times. So I wouldn't be comparing us to clans such as {E} - I think there are lots of factors to take into consideration here  and I support the idea of having more clans - but we're certainly not going to split with our long standing friends.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2005, 07:45:47 am »

wow... all I said is according to the BL rosters you have the same number of members... it was nothing personal against [a].

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2005, 07:50:37 am »

Theres krush getting a personal vendetta against other clans again Tongue

To Shade:

This last season, although we had a large roster, only about 6 of us EVER cb'd ghr, so I wouldnt say taht we had an unreliable group of guys, as much as a large group of inactive members.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
{E} Ive

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2005, 08:16:37 am »

I don't speak for rest my clan but if dbl trys to force elite to downsize the dbl will be short one more community member. Im here first to have a good time with my buddies not to get into as many clan battles as possible
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2005, 08:54:57 am »

Guys if you could already read in my two posts here, that's nothing that will come for Season XI and not overnight, so don't already worry or make threats.

Further if it comes it won't be complicated in any way and the script will handle it.

Last but not least as you all know there are enough clans with many members but only a few are cbing or are even allowed to cb - a limit, or a script suggested clan split up could help to get more members and clans play cbs.

However we still suggest for Season XI, that if you have many members you may make a subclan and register it - this wouldn't destroy any friendships, especially if you still share the same website and a similiar name it allows to have a) cbs against your friends in the best atmosphere, because you all know each other and b) more possibilities for everyone to cb.

Have a nice day,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2005, 09:03:35 am »

I don't speak for rest my clan but if dbl trys to force elite to downsize the dbl will be short one more community member. Im here first to have a good time with my buddies not to get into as many clan battles as possible

roger.  this is exactly where I didnt want this debate to go.  I don't think that in this point in time we  or the DBL can mandate a limit on clan members.  it just wont happen.  And that should not be the aim of anyone.

I want more clans, plain and simple.  I just wish there were more.  It is hard to see a closed {E} room with 12-16 members and not be able to cb them.  This is their right and this was not the break up {E} clan thread.  This was also not a thread to tell others how to run their clan or to tell [a] that their clan needs to lose their friends.

I think the reality of things is that this is it for clans.  I know speaking for [:] we still look forward to great battles with {E}, [a], Po, cO, =US=, GhRa, z][t, <<XL>> and anyone else.

I guess now I can only urge the clanless to start new clans instead of becoming the 12th, 15, or 20th on another established clan.

Now to my next order of business:  How many GhR clans will join cO and [:] as active participants on the RvS ladder?  clapping hands

z][t-Rampage

can u rap?

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2005, 12:14:41 pm »

slimming down the larger clans  still won't solve the problem. most large clans through the years have had atleast half the clan being "inactive". i don't think that making a sub clan or a new one will make people more active. looking at us, we have 12 on our roster and 8-9 are very active and 3 that come and go because of work and other real life stuff, including myself. having a 10 man clan rule has worked very well for us. a smaller unit i believe, works closer together. when [one] was around and active, i think there was a 30 man roster. 15-20 where coming and going. creating a subclan...im a bit split on this. if "eddie" was to join a sub clan, his loyalty should be to that clan and its leader, not the leader of the clan he is trying to get into and playing on the hope of getting into that clan. BUT then there's the other side of my split. i would be willing to try this(after discussing it with my clan) in hopes of getting some clanless people interrested in clan life.(im a little sick these days, so i might totally change my mind...probably not though).

and i'm all up for helping people start a new clan and i know from experience that help with website etc is very doable in gr(thanx guys)

i do think that the real sollution is for ghr3 to get ported to mac faster than shit!(we know it will happen slowly damnit)

Live every day, as if it's your last
z][t-Rampage

can u rap?

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2005, 12:50:15 pm »

another thought....if sublans are started, lets make a rule that states the ammount of cb's thats should be allowed against them. just to take care of accusations ahead of time. "they only cb their subclan"

Live every day, as if it's your last
Vanq

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2005, 03:16:26 pm »

I'am no man of great words and I'am no great man ethier! But this idea is great its a shame we cannot force it upon the clans atm! I'am totally for the original idea of lower and upper teams it wud bring more variety to the game as long as no one gets left clanless at the end of it im 100% for it and am willing to help the campaign to persuade others to help us sought this out!
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2005, 03:55:36 pm »

Theres krush getting a personal vendetta against other clans again Tongue

To Shade:

This last season, although we had a large roster, only about 6 of us EVER cb'd ghr, so I wouldnt say taht we had an unreliable group of guys, as much as a large group of inactive members.

You weren't even in the clan at the time when I'm refrencing.

legendrob

Don't be a DICKHEAD

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2005, 11:03:16 pm »

Wow, has this ever taken off eh, well now its time for my 2 cents worth. If everyone that has a problem with our clan being to big would just take a good look at out roster you'd see that there are quite a few members there that havent been on for ages, totally inactive, there are also quite a few players that are semi inactive due to work school or they just have a life outside of the games people play. Then there are the active players, the ones that are on every day or just about every day. In all reality, the numbers here are more like 12 to 15 players, which is no where near the 20+ that has been talked about.
Now reading these forums, i hear a real concern about not having enough clans to cb. isnt 10 enough, how many do you need, that can be 30 40 or 50 cb's depending on the limit set by dbl. We are not going to remove, demote, boot or whatever you want to call it to appease a few people out there that dont have a 15 man roster. We have a great bunch of guys here, we play well together, and we actually have a lot of fun playing, win or lose. We are here to play a game, have some fun, and not get to serious along the way. So lets try and keep it that way. Im sure everyone feels the same way about their clan. If someone came to you and said you can only have a 3 member caln from now on, what would you do then...so think about what your asking people to do here and think about how it would feel if it were your clan that someone else was trying to break up!!!
gsr

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2005, 11:18:20 pm »

I can't speak for Mag, but...

{E} tried the idea of a "farm" team with A and Z divisions.  All it did was create moral problems.  The people on the Z team felt ... well ... inferior.  In the interest of everyone having a good time (fun) it was dropped.

{E} seems to be a clan that just likes to have fun.  We don't really seem to care as much as others about CBing often.  This is not to say that we don't like winning, but it may not be so important.  Like [a] we have a lot of members that are not available all the time, or who feel like CBing at a given moment.  Having a large membership helps us field a team on any given night.

As for the closed {E} rooms - it's what we call practice.  You know, develop tactics, figure out good spots on the maps and provide some target practice for Ive.

It may be that Ghost Recon is in decline.  I know that a lot of players have moved on to other games or maybe just gotten a life (oh the horror).  A larger question might be how to get more people to play GhR. Perhaps we should CB against PCs? Or CB Al Quaida? Or the Republican National Committee? Or the Joint Chiefs of Staff? A little publicity?
jerkasaur

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2005, 11:20:55 pm »

No one is really trying to make a rule that would break up the large clans (whether they have innactive members or not) here. All we are saying is that there is a shortage of clans to CB and it's something that needs to be addressed in a community forum, not something that should be mandated. This isn't based on the number of members a clan has but a general shortage of clans to CB. It's great to cb clans like cO, Ghra, etc but after a while it's the same thing, over and over.

It's not that there arn't new players either, there are plenty who would be happy to join a clan, but at the rate those new players come in, and the size/skill/reputation of the existing clans, creating a new clan is a daunting prospect. There just arn't enough new members to start even 1 full roster (5 active players or more) clan each season because the etablished players feel the need to pad the rosters of already established clans.

What if instead of forcing clans to downsize, we set a cap at further recruitment. If you leave a clan your in, you are required to join a clan with fewer members then hte roster limit. I'll use myself as an example here.

Lets say [:] has 12 members (not that it does) and we've set the new member cap at 10 members. I decide to leave [:] and join another clan. because i left my clan, i now would need to go and find a clan under the 10 member cap. So in theory, I would be unable to join z][t, {E} or any other large clan. This way would allow smaller clans to pick up more experienced members that would normally just pad the roster of an already established clan (woops, 2nd time i used that phrase). Since there is inevitable clan turnover, this system would allow established clans to keep their members if they wanted, but would give more opportunities for experienced players ot start new clans or join smaller ones and still keep in competion.

Just an idea.
WeedWacker

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2005, 11:24:20 pm »

• The winning clan on Previous season splits to make the "leaders" for new teams
-> If not enough are active to pick the teams, admins will pick suitable players.

• The Draft takes place in a randomized order.

• Once the first round of the draft is complete, both the "leader" and "first pick" must agree on next pick for next round.

• All further picks must be selected using same process [only "leader" and "first pick" must agree]

• During season, trades can occur, but must be approved by DAMN administration, with the recommendation of both team leaders, and said players.

• The players must be ranked in "Value" depending on performance during season, internally, by the DBL administration.

I thin kthat this complicated plan is outstanding.  I have been in several clans that have folded.  The best part about moving on to anoher clan is meeting new players and killing old friend.  I would go one step further:

1.  Dissolve all clans after the next season with two members of winning clan acting as captains to pick from all eligibles.

2.  Limit clans to a roster of a dozen.

3.  Allow player traes, releases, or acquisitions similar to a sports franchise.

4.  Trades would have to approved by Damn BL Staffers.

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
legendrob

Don't be a DICKHEAD

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2005, 11:26:22 pm »

Thinning through attrition sounds like a more reasonable way to go , a forced cap does not.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2005, 11:54:30 pm »

GhR Team:

1st. z][t - 95 points - 27 CBs
2nd. Po)| - 84 points - 22 CBs
3rd. cO - 56 points - 18 CBs
4th. [:] - 55 points - 24 CBs
5th. GhRa - 46 points - 20 CBs
6th. {E} - 38 points - 30 CBs
7th. =US= - 28 points - 20 CBs
8th. [?] - 18 points - 9 CBs
9th. Gz - 14 points - 5 CBs
10th. [a] - 10 points - 2 CBs
11th. TRIBE - 4 points - 3 CBs

More cbs than any other clan, and yet they end up in 6th? Looks like their numbers didnt really do them that much good. The winner, z][t has maybe a third of the numbers as {E}. Maybe that should tell you something?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Kangaroo

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2005, 12:17:20 am »

GhR Team:

1st. z][t - 95 points - 27 CBs
2nd. Po)| - 84 points - 22 CBs
3rd. cO - 56 points - 18 CBs
4th. [:] - 55 points - 24 CBs
5th. GhRa - 46 points - 20 CBs
6th. {E} - 38 points - 30 CBs
7th. =US= - 28 points - 20 CBs
8th. [?] - 18 points - 9 CBs
9th. Gz - 14 points - 5 CBs
10th. [a] - 10 points - 2 CBs
11th. TRIBE - 4 points - 3 CBs

More cbs than any other clan, and yet they end up in 6th? Looks like their numbers didnt really do them that much good. The winner, z][t has maybe a third of the numbers as {E}. Maybe that should tell you something?

I dont unerstand your point spike? Are you having a stab at {E} or am i just missing something?
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2005, 12:22:05 am »

I'm saying that a big clan isnt actually all that much of a help if you want to be competitive. Evidently a smaller clan like z][t has a lot more success on the ladder. Possibly because they play together more or know each other better. Unit cohesion might just be better, whatever the reason, they ended up up in first with 27 cbs, while {E} ended up in 6th with 30 cbs. I'm not flaming or trying to insult {E}, I'm just saying perhaps larger clans don't do as well on the ladder.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2005, 12:24:54 am »

We're talking about the fact that big clans don't always have the upperhand, no matter what skills may exist in the ranks. z][t and many other smaller clans are successful because they are fewer, and they've practiced every map to perfection. Each member knows exactly what to do. With larger clans this is almost impossible, and I know this from first hand experience. This is no stab at {E} nor any big clan. :MoD: were in the same postition as {E}. What made us fight somewhat higher in the league was due to two extremely good members in Shade and BFG.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2005, 12:45:26 am »

• The winning clan on Previous season splits to make the "leaders" for new teams
-> If not enough are active to pick the teams, admins will pick suitable players.

• The Draft takes place in a randomized order.

• Once the first round of the draft is complete, both the "leader" and "first pick" must agree on next pick for next round.

• All further picks must be selected using same process [only "leader" and "first pick" must agree]

• During season, trades can occur, but must be approved by DAMN administration, with the recommendation of both team leaders, and said players.

• The players must be ranked in "Value" depending on performance during season, internally, by the DBL administration.

I thin kthat this complicated plan is outstanding.  I have been in several clans that have folded.  The best part about moving on to anoher clan is meeting new players and killing old friend.  I would go one step further:

1.  Dissolve all clans after the next season with two members of winning clan acting as captains to pick from all eligibles.

2.  Limit clans to a roster of a dozen.

3.  Allow player traes, releases, or acquisitions similar to a sports franchise.

4.  Trades would have to approved by Damn BL Staffers.

This may be good as a secondary ladder... but I'm not willing to lose the cO tag because I'm drafted by a different leader... This, I think, would be a great idea at the end of season 11 as a secondary ladder. You still play the normal team ladder with your clan but you have a seperate 'draft clan' which you can also cb for on a different ladder.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads