*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:08:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I would like to talk about cheating and avoiding cheating and ....  (Read 3966 times)
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« on: April 11, 2005, 04:22:34 pm »

I would like to talk about cheating and avoiding cheating and I would like to stop making it a taboo subject

guys cheating exist and I HATE IT !!! Some kids love it they like to play with it, i personaly would like to found as many ways as we have to avoid it !!

AND i think it start by first making a list of all the know cheats we know and the way to implement them so we can then found ways to stop them !!!!

DO u guys agree on it???
DO u CARE ?
Or should we just shut up and continue the way it is?
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 07:09:28 pm »

Concerning RvS Cheats we have already contacted Evill and also contact other important persons that could help us. Unfortunaly the latest wave of cheats are very hard to stop from our side, Evill is the one that could easily implement anticheating measures. So we sent him a full report. Months later still no reply or any help in sight. We also sent it to Glenda, may she can help us.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
ghost.fr

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 07:54:02 pm »

i know mauti u do alot but why cant we make a list of cheats so all know what they are facing and then react or at list discover who is doing what

cause when u dont know what can be done u cant discover it !!!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 11:20:52 pm »

Ghost, myself and several other admin's spent alot of time breaking apart some of the available RvS hacks which as mauti said was sent to Evil. We spent a lot of time looking at how these cheats could and couldn't be detected under what conditions - and Mautii wrote it all up in a .pdf for evil.  -

i would suggest avoiding publiciising these things - what we worked on etc wasn't made public for the very reason we don't want people to know how we can know if they are or are not cheating - it simply gives them an opportunity to remove those capabilities. In a sense the less people know about these things the better - and in many ways if some kids don't know what these cheats etc there is less temptation to use them.

But people do care, a lot of work has been done, and we handed everything needed to Evil on a plate with virtually step by step instructions as to how to disable several cheats... As Mauti said though weather Scott implements them or not is only in his hands!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
ghost.fr

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 11:40:17 am »

BFG now on GHR i can see every single oponent on map !!!! without any sensors !!!!! without any codes or third party application !!! and u would never found out !!!

I f there is no forum to speack about it if no one speak freely i could cheat u ever and ever !! do u want that i guess not thats why we need one !!! dont u think so?

RVS i dont know anythink but i look into ghr just one week and i found so much shit!! this game is made by people that dont care about cheating so its to EZ to make some
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 11:44:43 am »

Point taken Ghost - and i was just refering to RvS so i guess its a little different with GhR... Well id have said the best thing to do is collect all the information you can and send it to the Admins so that counter-measures can be implemented - i think all and any help is appreciated with these things so if you have allready worked out ways of combating the cheats etc thats fantastic - all we need to know is what they are, how they work and how they can be detected or bypassed Smiley

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 04:07:26 pm »

On the topic of RvS, I was assured that the iGame AC will not simply be like PB, it will completely and totally track any form of cheat and remove the offending players. Despite the fears of those posting in the other thread, I'm sure they will be pleasantly surprised. Maybe I should post this in my thread too, oh well.

P.S. I will discuss the options for GhR in the future, however it seems to be a dying game, and thus a lower priority in the eyes of those trying to prevent cheats in up and coming popular games like BF1942 or say the less strong CoD or perhaps other games outside of the FPS realm. I will however talk to them about GhR concerns.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 04:11:54 pm by Mysterio » Logged

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads