*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:19:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  GhostSniper's Quiz Corner (Moderator: BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  April Quiz-Part I
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: April Quiz-Part I  (Read 7926 times)
bronto
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2005, 11:07:45 pm »

i hate the internet. i can't find anywhere that lists specific weaponry they just say .50 callibres, or something.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2005, 11:18:31 pm »

So it can't just be american aircraft shipped to france before the capitualation?  It has to be planes used by the USAAF?

Yes, the airplanes have to be used by the U.S. Military.  These are not airplanes that France used, they are airplanes built in the United States, for the United States, that used French-made guns.  So they aren't even guns designed by France and built elsewhere...these guns were actually built in France, and put into airplanes built in the United States during WWII.[/size]

can the weapon be a french liscenced version of another countries weapon?

No, these guns were actually built in France.[/size]

This is annoying, I've been able to find a few American Made aircraft that had French weaponry, however, I've found more than two kinds, and of those I found, its unclear whether they were fitted for shipment to france, or just for some weird reason...

These 2 aircraft that used French guns were never shipped to, or used by, France.  They were only used by the U.S. Military during WWII.[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2005, 05:55:51 pm »

The 2nd Part of the April Quiz will be posted a day early.  I will get it posted sometime on Thursday (April 7), as I will be taking my daughter to Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans on Friday morning for some tests.  I probably won't get back until late Saturday or Sunday, so be sure to e-mail me your answers and I will check the e-mails as soon as I get back.  If anyone gets the answers right on the first try, the winner will be determined by who e-mailed me first.

Also, there still is not a winner for the first section of the April Quiz.  Several people have 2 of the answers correct, but Question #2 seems to be stumping everybody (hehehe).  So here's another hint:

Both airplanes were flown by the U.S. Army Air Forces, one airplane was an experimental attack aircraft, and the other airplane was a bomber that was operational and was used in combat during the war.  One more hint...the French guns that were used in these two aircraft were left over from World War I (as France had already been invaded by Germany when the U.S. entered the war, I can't believe nobody thought about how the U.S. got French-made guns in U.S.-made aircraft DURING World War II).

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2005, 12:23:13 am »

Would Belgian made count?  They speak French... kind of...
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2005, 01:57:59 am »

No, these guns were actually built in France.  They were built in France before World War II in fact.  They were actually left over guns from World War I.  That is how they got French-made guns into aircraft built in the United States during WWII...because they already had the guns before France was invaded.  Come on guys, stop googling the exact phrases and do some research on the internet!  I promise the answers are on the internet (I put one of them on the internet myself, so I know it's there).[/size]

Daf One

gloop, inc.

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 02:17:39 am »

I found a figher that used french guns in the interwar years I think

my god, all the damn planes either have .30, .50, .303, rockets,7.62 and T2/T4 cannons, wtf.

Enjoy the Classic.
bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2005, 03:17:06 am »

No, these guns were actually built in France.  They were built in France before World War II in fact.  They were actually left over guns from World War I.  That is how they got French-made guns into aircraft built in the United States during WWII...because they already had the guns before France was invaded.  Come on guys, stop googling the exact phrases and do some research on the internet!  I promise the answers are on the internet (I put one of them on the internet myself, so I know it's there).[/size]

I have been doing research.  I've already researched French gun calibers, which are rather irregular compared to normal American standards.  I have been busting my ass off, and have found more than a few that seem correct I might add...
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2005, 04:12:33 am »

I have been doing research.  I've already researched French gun calibers, which are rather irregular compared to normal American standards.  I have been busting my ass off, and have found more than a few that seem correct I might add...

The problem is you are looking at American aircraft built BEFORE the U.S. entered the war, and BEFORE France was invaded.  The 2 planes I am talking about were not built and fitted with French-made guns until AFTER the U.S. entered WWII.

By the way, think of all the names for "guns" when you do your searches.  You may find the particular guns that were used are refered to by another more specific name (example, a cannon is also a gun...).
[/size]  Wink

Daf One

gloop, inc.

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2005, 04:16:15 am »

I KNEW IT, HAS TO BE THAT CANNON.

MAN, I CANNOT WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO WIN, I am all pissed off at this quiz.

I will burn the answers to #2.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 05:04:10 am by Daf One » Logged

Enjoy the Classic.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2005, 08:57:48 pm »

GS, I'll pay you 20 bucks to give me the answer to number 2.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2005, 09:11:51 pm »

GS, I'll pay you 20 bucks to give me the answer to number 2.

lol

bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2005, 09:17:31 pm »

Quote from: BTs_GhostSniper
By the way, think of all the names for "guns" when you do your searches.  You may find the particular guns that were used are refered to by another more specific name (example, a cannon is also a gun...).[/color][/size]  Wink

I've been cross referencing all searchs with French munition standards, which are overall different from American.
Daf One

gloop, inc.

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2005, 12:00:31 am »

bloodandguts, i think you are looking too hard.

Enjoy the Classic.
bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2005, 12:37:48 am »

probably...  But its not like I have anything better to do with my time.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2005, 02:32:10 am »

Congratulations to bloodandguts for winning the first section of the April Quiz!

The correct answers are:

1. 2, the USS Arizona and the USS Oklahoma, both sunk on December 7, 1941.  Other battleships that were sunk that day were raised and put back into service.

2. North American B-25G (early versions) and the Beechcraft XA-38 Grizzly.

3. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Golden Oakleaves, Swords, and Diamonds.  It was awarded to only one person, Hans-Ulrich Rudel.  The second highest was the regular Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oakleaves, Swords, and Diamonds.  It was awarded to 27 people.

Okay, the 2nd section of the April Quiz will be posted this Thursday, April 7.
[/size]

bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2005, 03:31:15 am »

Weeee!!!  That was a hard one...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic Print
Jump to:  

Ads