*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:51:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Close Combat
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Close Combat  (Read 13531 times)
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2005, 10:34:57 am »

HEY WEAK..

Well Bro, I tried..

With such warm responses to your request for suggestions, I hope mr T isnt representative of the type of responses forum visitors are gonna get on your site, becuase it will die a lonely death if he is.

To his credit (hah) he does point out that im unable to communicate in two-sentence paragraphs..but having complex thoughts and the ability to communicate them isnt something i consider a defecit.

Not much fun to think out  a solution for your benefit, share the results, then get sniped on from the sidelines....from a non contributor...maybe he's pissy cuz hes not worth a shit at rvs.
shocked

anyhow...the thought's what counts...I think the game would make a good addition to the cbs, and im still open still to hearing from YOU, what you guys come up with as a solution, becuase as i said, ive tried several setups only to get complaints all round, regardless...

Hope to game with you soon, bro.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2005, 06:30:13 pm »

I think the setup I mentioned in the post has been the most agreeable.  Both sides have agreed that there should be no spwaning.

My only queston remains how kits should be restricted.  some said to do unrestricted kits, but that would just a game filled with saws and m203s.

I think leaving it at standard gear would rock, as it forces a four man team not only to be strategic with who takes what, but also who goes were on the map.

i'll be hosting some 4v4 in the afternoon and running some mock cbs.... i'll post the room and pass in GR.

[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2005, 06:40:44 pm »

Sheix... chill out. I gave my 2¢ to your post and then later I thanked you for your efforts and wished you well. Why you gotta be hatin' on me and my team's board? If you don't like our show, change the channel... or send me a PM. Don't flame me publicly.

And you're right... I do suck at RvS.

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
th.Sentinel

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2005, 09:20:35 am »

I know the game was just released, but we need some expansions pretty quick!

I allrdy beated coop in mp twice on simulation level... and there are not enough maps in fire team arena so I think ppl will get bored pretty quick if we won't have more maps soon...

btw. I think the reticule sucks and I find the graphics and gameplay of AA still better then FTF.

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2005, 11:41:36 am »

There hasn't been any noise about any kind of expansion pack or Moding utility has there? even a map editor?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2005, 03:10:42 pm »

When do you guys play? I have only seen a handfull of you on in recent weeks like Assgoblin, Shiex, kilzo and weak.

I do like FTF and love the MCOOP but I agree with Sent. AAO still owns FTF. I find myself pretty board fairly quickly playing FTF and have to move over to AAO.

Sent: I look for you toxic guys all the time on the tracker but never find you. Did you change your tracker names or something? Visit my server sometime: 69.25.18.75. We have 2 euro whores on our team too.
 Wink

voo

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
th.Sentinel

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2005, 06:16:42 pm »

Well I haven't played AA since 1st april cause I'm working on a website in my spare time. But its almost finished and I will start playing AA very soon. I'll lookup your server in the list and bookmark it in the program jjoo made.

Hope to see you soon in either AA or FTF.

btw. our clan tag is =Toxic= in AA.

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2005, 10:12:47 pm »

InsideMacGames.com has finally released a review of FtF:

http://www.insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=576

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2005, 03:34:38 am »

I read that, and they tiptoed alll over the real issues...
And didnt even touch the ones that the boards are SCREAMING about...
Not just minor taste issues, but REAL flaws...And that to me is the test of an objective review..that was more like an advertisement.

And to make things worse, the devs have all left town and no longer respond to the more serious problems. At least a 'we cannot fix these issues immedaitely, but will look into it etcetc..."

Major issues:
Field of view...more like narrow angle photo lens....claustrobic.
Aim down site 100% useless.
No collision detection...tangos (even ADV) run thru you and shoot you in teh back.
Cannot tell next map unless youre host, so no way to judge correct weapon for it...thats retarded.
Maps are small mostly, and snipers are mostly pointless...
No word on maps, or mod tools...Now granted, new release...but there are some great, and i mean GREAT maps in the single player campaign..they could release those, and satisfy most people. These would allow the snipers some action, and cut  the run and gun...(I dont mind that so much, i just want to see more players from ghr in there too)
And can take TONS of hits to take down an enemy.....TONS.

PROS:
Best bot AI on the market today..
Still tons of fun, although turning into much more of run and gun with saw/rpg spam than intended im sure.
SP action is beatable, although way more interactive than say RVS sp bots...more lifelike.
Server list is growing wth majority being coop...Adversarial will grow if they add the sp maps...

Any of you who are familiar with the protocol...how to you get the devs to listen and or respond if they ignore the forums? A couple small tweaks, and the game willl stick..i think.

decent CB candidate..mb...?

Lupus

Wuff!

« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2005, 03:25:59 pm »

Have been playing CC for a week or two now. This forum has the most pertinent commentary regarding the issues in games IMHO, thanks for all the good thoughts.

I like the feel of this game. Although the "fire team" still does some unwarranted, irritating things at times, it seems to me to be a much more "realistic" team that we as leader can count on to participate in a logical supportive manner without having to manage everything. The tangos can be pretty cagey, moving around, ducking in & out of sight. There is the promise of much more realistic strategy in this game that only a few flaws tend to reek havoc on.

My major issues are:

The point mentioned above concerning collision detection can be very irritating. Walking threw and being walked threw is just way to weird. Unless they want to change the name to Ghost battle this needs repair fast.

Aiming and making hits- Whatever AI logic is applied here does not seem to me to make in game sense in some situations. I may make a one shot kill at very long distance with the reticule off center one time and the next fail to drop a tango with multiple hits at point blank range with a centered sight. I find this to be true even against enemies who have no body armor. Whatever is going on here seems to be situational. I had a clear close head shot on one stationary Tango, but never could get him to drop. When I moved to flank him he came around the corner and dropped like a sack of potatoes. My current strategy is to try firing from a different location or wait for the target to move. There seem to be invisible "obstacles" in the line of fire at times.

Maps are also a big issue for me. The promise of strategic flanking is unrealized on the offered maps. Only the doors and allys in the most direct route to the objective tend to work. When I find an alternate route it usually circles me back to where I started, grrrrr. This game deserves more open areas, more like Ghost Recon, with many possible routes. Crashing doors can be fun, but one after another, after another, after another just becomes redundant, redundant, repetitive....and...

Grenades apparently expand to the size of large Pumpkins after being thrown, causing them to hit any obstacle close to the thrower, rebounding into his lap. The M203 is not quite as bad, but still is frightening to use in tight situations.

Ok I'm greedy but I would like to have weapon choices. I can understand why everyone should not get a SAW but....

All the potential is there, I hope that this gets some more programing attention.
bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2005, 09:44:53 pm »

I don't see what people find so impressive about AA graphics. I am gonna buy this game soon. Out of curiosity, who with min specs has tried the game?

I'm running it on 800Mhz, 768 Ram, (graphics Min), and if I'm playing it with nothing else running, I might as well be playing a game that need's half that.  Smooth as hell.
Toxic::Arch

Super Freak

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2005, 11:13:26 am »

Looks like CC:FTF will get Gameranger support after all.

Got confirmation from Evill

clapping hands
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 12:23:25 pm by Toxic::Arch » Logged

[12:32 PM] Toxic::Joka: ok so riddle me this riddler.. . if you have two cows that weigh 78kg.. . how much butter do you need to make them both slippery?
-18-6-04

====> www.toxic-clan.net/forum/ <====
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2005, 12:19:18 pm »

ooold news. Cool

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Toxic::Arch

Super Freak

« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2005, 12:23:46 pm »

Well then someone should have posted it.  Nag

[12:32 PM] Toxic::Joka: ok so riddle me this riddler.. . if you have two cows that weigh 78kg.. . how much butter do you need to make them both slippery?
-18-6-04

====> www.toxic-clan.net/forum/ <====
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2005, 11:03:57 pm »

Yea, sure, ok...he also said we'd have BF42 and BF42 special weapons support, I'll believe it when I see it.

And IMHO, I think CB's should have standard kits. If each person grabs a saw or rpk, it gets utterly and disgustingly laggy, and pathetic. I played a game last night with every single person having one of the two..it was absolutely horrible, not fun in the least. At least the M16's and AK74's require some skill, not just madspamming in all directions.

One life for sure, makes for more of a methodical game, keeps the ubern00bs from run and gun tactics, or punishes them for it.

1. Standard Kits
2. One life
3. 5 rounds per map.
4. 5 maps per match.
5. Best 3 outta 5 maps wins.

So if you win the first 3 maps, by getting 3 outta 5 rounds, you win.

Just my 2%, I havent read SF's board so mb it's posted over there as well.

But then again, that will only work for us gr peeps. If we are cbing pc clans, Im sure there will be a ladder somewhere, let them make the rules and we w00p them either way. Im just looking forward to a cb..I have'nt been in a cb for over 2 years...since RS. So Im not really picky, let's just GITERDUN!

0 Kilzo.?
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2005, 02:33:49 am »

One life for sure, makes for more of a methodical game, keeps the ubern00bs from run and gun tactics, or punishes them for it.

1. Standard Kits
2. One life
3. 5 rounds per map.
4. 5 maps per match.
5. Best 3 outta 5 maps wins.

So if you win the first 3 maps, by getting 3 outta 5 rounds, you win.

I disagree.(only if there will be one ladder for FTF) It should be a "Deathmatch". I certainly agree with you on the standard kits but one life will cause mad camping and horrible gameplay.
My 2 cents

1. Standard weapons
2. At least 10 lives per team
3. 3 rounds per map
4. 5 maps per match
5. Best 3 out of 5

but you see I agree on most of your settings. I feel that you will make the game boaring as all hell if there is only one life per game per player.

voo

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record

Sancho!

« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2005, 03:04:48 am »

Yea, I can understand that voods...my only basis on one life is because that's what we have always done in the past i.e. RS, RvS...

Although with all the different type settings, alot of configurations can be played. Im open to most, as long as it does'nt involve 8 saws Wink

I have played a few matches where the server allows only one life, it's not so much a camp..although some will yea...but for me, it takes away the run and gun...Im not against that by any means, sometimes it's fun.

theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2005, 08:13:58 am »

i have failed to see one camping game in FtF.... especially with standard kits... guys will have nades, smoke, m203's, and rpgs.... it would be very very hard to camp, in my opinion.

(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2005, 04:37:36 pm »

Well, Im torn right down the middle.

As for Kits, if you mean free for all death match (which Im against, I prefer teams) then the std.  equip list becomes heavily weighted toward those with the m203 and Rpg. In the FFA case, I would advocate light assault only.  I can see the argument for the standard kit if it were teams, although here, again, my preference goes to the Light Assault restriction.

As for Lives/rounds:

Ive played one life rounds...works ok, is the same as standard ladders, slows the game some (have seen some camping from it) , but I kind of feel somewhat of a luck element in the game, and one life may not represent what one team or one player is able to do in a flow situation. PLus your standard sitting around to hurry up and wait..(which yes, i understand happens in other games as standard practice) but the maps are so small that an unlucky first spawn, and boom, its over.  Of course theres no FLOW with respawns on the real battlefield, the small maps prevent it completely....multiple team lives may give a team of player to show what they are capable of over an avg.

My vote goes to the following: In a team deathmatch-

1. Light assault
2. At least 10 lives per team
3. 3 rounds per map
4. 5 maps per match
5. Best 3 out of 5

Sancho!

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2005, 08:41:55 pm »

How would you get an unlucky first spawn? Eveyone starts at their base on the first spawn.. We need more love
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads