*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:06:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season X: Suggested Sheep Bet solution - Your Opinion!  (Read 10138 times)
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2005, 07:10:20 pm »

Obviously, you forget the troubles of DAMNs point system and underhanded tactics here.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2005, 07:18:05 pm »

The sheep system brings back the fun, and is more fair, if you want to get into the finals you dont just cb the good clans, you cb everyone for their lil' sheeplings.  And you let your B players cb for 1 sheep, just to get that little experience, every bit counts.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2005, 08:17:16 pm »

The sheep system brings back the fun,

Yes I realize that's what it was intended to do but I've had more problems trying to come to a conclusion with the other clan over the amount of sheep.

And you let your B players cb for 1 sheep, just to get that little experience, every bit counts.

This was another intention of the Sheep system which I don't think is working.  The problem is that no clan want's to cb for 1 sheep because it is a complete waste of time.

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2005, 09:11:33 pm »

Unfortunately point B of the sheep system doesn't work in our case, but it is fun when people don't abuse it.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2005, 05:10:12 am »

And you let your B players cb for 1 sheep, just to get that little experience, every bit counts.
Quote From Shade
This was another intention of the Sheep system which I don't think is working.  The problem is that no clan want's to cb for 1 sheep because it is a complete waste of time.

The Reason this isnt working is because leaders of the clans are selfish and dont want to let their B players play a cb, A B player doesnt care about the sheep as much as they would like to gain the confidence.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 05:13:19 am by DarK. » Logged

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2005, 12:07:41 pm »

Which is perhaps where you come back to the issue over cb limits as we're discussing - increasing the cb limits would mean that the outcome of each battle was less significant

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2005, 09:40:54 pm »

So you want the DBL to become all for fun over some competition?

John Lennon
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2005, 10:40:09 pm »

How about clans only being able to gamble 1/3 of their sheep? (fraction of course negotiable)

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2005, 10:42:34 pm »

I do like that idea, but in the start of the season that will only be 33 sheep, and when they are down to their last 20 that could be a problem.

John Lennon
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2005, 10:46:04 pm »

The fraction system would probably best work if the starting points was upped a bit and besides the max would be 1/3 (or whatever fraction chosen).

Or an even simpler system which may please some and make others cringe. This system works great for 1v1 ladders and might even work for clans:

When you beat a person ranked higher than you, you will move up the ladder half the distance between your current position and the current position of the player you beat.  Example:  #100 beats #50. #100 will now be ranked #75, since half the distance between 50 and 100 is 75. If half the distance between you and your opponent is a .5 decimal (ie 72.5) your rank is rounded down. Example:  #101 beats #50. #101 will now be ranked #75, since half the distance between 50 and 100 is 75.5 and we round down to 75. When someone moves up the ladder in either of these fashions, everyone between his new and old position on the ladder will all move down one rung.  So in our first example, the ranks 75 - 99 would move down one rung to make room for him at the #75 position.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 10:49:56 pm by Hazard » Logged

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2005, 10:52:04 pm »

I would say we should have a more adaptable rule, with say the rule voiding itself when a clan is down to below 30 sheep. Guys, don't say that's complicated, pretty easy.

John Lennon
[:] Narauko

the Germans call this BEER?!?

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2005, 11:07:18 pm »

I've been away for awhile...a long while. But one thing hasn't changed...the constant discussion over the point system. Why can it not just be 3 points for a win 0 for a loss. You don't loose points for loosing cos that forces smaller clans to not face bigger clans. And by only managing to gain 3 points it would mean that a more competitive ladder, no? I mean i can see all the crap that goes with the simple way, like big clans just cbing smaller clans but you should only be able to play one clan...twice. I can understand Mauti and the team trying to bring more fun into the ladder but a ladders point system should be simple.

And to the argument that more active clans will just cb all the smaller clans...you have that same choice. But there are only so many smaller clans and at some point you gotta face the big boys, and by that i'm apalled that smaller clans fear facing bigger clans. Its not the way the community should be. People should be willing to cb anyone no matter what their skill level is. At the end of the day we're here to play the game competitivly and for fun.

Perhaps at teh end of the season for every match you haven't played you get deducted points, some penalty for not playing all teh games...if u register for a ladder you know what your getting in to so there should be no reason for not playing. If your good and inactive it shouldn't mean u can play 10 games have aload of points and sit back for the rest of the season.

You'll introduce a new complicated point system and at the end of the season once again everyone will bitch and moan on how it needs to be improved when at the end of the day it should never have changed. The people that bitch and moan should suck it up and play! If you can't beat the best your hardly a DAMN Ladder winner. I'm not saying smaller clans shouldn't play just that every clan has its day with a regular non changing point system we could actually see who is consistant.

All of this will obviously require no attention from anyone in the GR community, because they all want it there own way. I just want a easily understandable point system in which points are dealt with evenly. Yes that may be my own way but dam its better than betting game points.

I love the work DAMN have done for the community, but i think its high time DAMN took back control of this ladder and left the community to playing on the ladder. By that i mean independant admins, ones not linked to clans, espcially ones that acutually play on the ladders.

But after all is said and done this is just my opinion.

Narauko.

I merged your thread with this one, as they concern the same topic.
-Spike
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 11:48:32 pm by dr.spike » Logged

War is a hobby, one Fucked Up Beyound All Recognition game.
[/color]

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2005, 12:33:14 am »

ty.  Wink

[/color]
[a] LYNX

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2005, 10:13:05 am »

the 3-for-win, (1-for-tie) 0-for-loosing -pt-system will benefit only the active clans. in fact its even worse than the sheep system. this pt-system would only work when you have a schedule for the whole season and as cool as it would be, *damn seems to definately not want to introduce it.
So my vote is with to make the sheep-system alot more complicated with thousands of special rules until its a fair and mature system.

[a] LYNX

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2005, 10:55:55 am »

With that, a never ending "improvement" process, further moving away from a solution.

the 3-for-win, (1-for-tie) 0-for-loosing -pt-system will benefit only the active clans.

Did you read back over this? What use is a ladder with a lovely new updated point system with 20 inactive clans. I'm sorry but theres no reason not to be active, if theres a problem with activity then may i suggest lengthening the season rather than change the point system. I was only away for just over a year but that was long enough for the season no. to jump from 3 to season 10...one year 7 seasons...who has got the time to be that active except for me  Grin. There are many areas which affect a ladder other than the point system.

(1-for-tie)

Since when did the DAMN ladders allow CBs to finish in a tie? Recent update?

this pt-system would only work when you have a schedule for the whole season and as cool as it would be, *damn seems to definately not want to introduce it.

Don't believe i've read DAMNs comments on a schedule, but i can say one thing clans generally manage to cb how many times a week 2-3 times. 10 active clans minimum cb requirement say 1 cb a week. Minimum requirement goes a long way instead of a schedule, then its down to the clans to sort there activity out. Not hard to play 20 cbs in 8 weeks. Avg. 2 cbs a week. Thats not want DAMN want? Unsure on the length of a season (been away) but surely if you feel 8 weeks too daunting then maybe 12 weeks, can we manage one cb a week?

So my vote is with to make the sheep-system alot more complicated with thousands of special rules until its a fair and mature system.

If you posted this in all honesty then i have no further comment, it speaks for itself.

Narauko.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 11:28:46 am by .Narauko.[?] » Logged

[/color]
cO.twist

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2005, 01:36:27 am »

i agree with logic.

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2005, 04:04:02 am »

I give up.  Roll Eyes

Narauko.

[/color]
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2005, 04:23:18 am »

It's ok, some people will never listen to a strong argument... welcome back to DAMN.

John Lennon
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2005, 01:17:38 pm »

Just a friendly question...Mysterio...do you have a job or something similar?

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2005, 01:32:45 pm »

Currently I have no need for one.

John Lennon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads