*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:10:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  YAY!!!  I'm BANNED!!!???
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: YAY!!!  I'm BANNED!!!???  (Read 5562 times)
Peekay
« on: June 20, 2001, 01:19:26 am »

Good Evening my fellow GameRanger players.  I have been banned by trying to "bypass GameRanger FTP servers".  Lately, I have been trying to learn to make GOOD websites using CGI, d/l scripts, or whatever it is.  So, I figured, I'll check GR, simple web site, should be pretty easy to see how he made it, right?  I check his FTP folder to see if the GR d/l is in there.  Using FTP, I try connecting several times, and it kept saying "Password incorrect, BLAHBLAHBLAH".  After realizing that my default settings were set for "admin": "(MY PW, I'm not telling you!)"  I changed the settings and connected to find nothing.  "Hmmm..." I thought.  "What does he use to upload files to us?".  After several minutes of looking over his site, I come to the conclusion that mirrors host his files, (I think).  So, I close my IE5 window and go play R6 for a while, then go to bed, (I stay up REAL late).  I wake up next morning...play some R6, then around 3:30, get off and get ready to go to work.  Well, when I get back at around 10:30, I login to GR to find: "Banned: Indefinite  <RETURN> Your account is currently suspended."  So I call up my friend that is also on GR and his account is ALSO suspended because he was talking to me on phone while he was looking at the FTP server also.  He said he was messaged by Mr. Kevill himself and Kevill told him about the things he was going to do to us.  Here are some quotes:

Evill: And you had to attempt to break into GameRanger's FTP server..

Evill: The game is up.

Evill: I haven't decided yet to what level I'm going to follow this up with the authorities.

Evill: You're lying.

Evill: I'll take this up with @Home and the proper authorities.

Evill: It was from your IP address and your machine.

Evill: I have all the details I need to toast your ass with the FBI.

Interesting eh guys?  I find it very amusing.  Oh I can't just wait till GameScouter comes out.  No more mean admins to deal with...(hopefully), but nobody like Evill...Well, thank you for all your games, I'll probably be playing with my PC friend now.  I'll get some IPs from PC guys and stuff.  Sorry if I complained at any time in any of your hosted games, don't take it serious.  And good bye, everybody give Mr. Kevill and nice little thanks from me okay?

Peekay
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2001, 02:55:12 am »

first of all, YOURE A MORON AND DESERVE A PERMABAN.... ok now that we got that outta the way

YOURE A FUCKING IDIOT... ok so maybe i didnt get it outta the way the first time

ok, just wanna clear up ur story before we go any further... u illegally access the server, u get permabanned, u come on here and quote evill repeatedly without adding any context, and u eagerly await gs so u can hang out with maul and other permabanned lamers

it still astounds me that u feel as if u have been wronged by evill when ur the one who tried to hack into his files... i dont know whether to fall over laughing or be utterly disgusted

if ur gonna quote ur conversation with evill, go ahead, but put it in context... without even seeing the conversation, i can guarantee that some of that shit is taken out of context

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
?{RiP}? Vapor

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2001, 10:15:39 am »

Peekay-- Well, what you did was just dumb. If you didn't know that would get you in trouble by doing what you did then you must have no been thinking at all. Don't take affense to this Peek because I like you and I have fun playing with you, but I think that what you did was just dumb.

Ace-- You are right about his situation. If he is going to quote Evill the put the whole context on their so we actually know what Scott is saying that stuff for.

Well, I am now permabanned. And believe me, this is the dumbest thing. Ok well yesterday my friend was over my house and he deleted GR off my comp because he was doing something(what he was doing I don't know) but then when we downloaded it again I went and got my account info. But I hadn't got my account info I'm not sure what email address I sent it to. So I went and found an account with my old email address that I had from awhile back. I thought the account that I got from my old email address was the same one I had always been using. Well when I put in the account and the password and everything it said, "Account Suspended, Time Remaining:Indefinite" Well, that account that I had got from my old email address was permabanned for some reason. So now all my accounts are permabanned. Now tell me, how dumb is that? Now I will probably not get on GR anymore. I emailed Scott and told him what happened and that I didn't do anything. But I doubt he will pay attention to the email. So looks like I'm with Peekay now.

"From this day to the ending of the World,
. . . we in it shall be remembered
. . . we band of brothers."

Henry V
William Shakespeare
Peekay
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2001, 12:31:54 pm »

After a night of sleep, I do realize that I'm an idiot. ?I probably shouldn't of done that. ?But I didn't know that I was illegally trying to get into the server...Really...I just wanted to see if he transfered files over FTP when I d/l, for instance, when I download GameRanger, (the file), does it come through FTP over GR's server? ?Just wanted to see how it works. ?Now if trying to gain "Guest/Anonymous" access to a public FTP server is illegal, I'm SOOOO SORRY!! I really didn't realize it. ?Well, I'm an idiot. ?I was just VERY pissed yesterday because I didn't get to play R6 after a hard ass day of work. ?Well, Bye. ?In my situation here, I pulled a Vapor:
Tongue
(hehehehe.jk)

Peekay
jn.blackhand
Special Forces

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2001, 12:40:56 pm »

Ace, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks it is freaking hilarious when some dumbass gets banned.

Vap, you can always use a proxy server and a new account, provided evill didn't "hardware ban" you. Something which I am still unclear about, but apparently can happen.

Peekay, you attempted to login into the ftp of a server owned by possibly the most anal person in the mac community aside from steve jobs. kevill checks his server access log daily.
?{RiP}? Vapor

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2001, 01:36:05 pm »

Blackhand-- I'm hardware banned. Usually when he permabans people it's by hardware. So there is no way I can create a new account and use GR unless he unbans me.

Henry V
William Shakespeare
Peekay
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2001, 02:26:24 pm »

Well, I always thought FTP servers were for the public.  If it was private, they should make it so you can't connect w/ guest/anonymous... I don't know...I all I know is that I'm really confused right now.  Well, just to let you guys know, it says "This server is using an illegal version of YaBB" or something when I try to read this Thread...Well, Thanx all...Bye
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2001, 02:27:36 pm »

I think all those Quote tags you put in your post confused the forum.  Get rid of them they're dumb anyway.

< insert clever and original signature here >
Peekay
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2001, 02:29:10 pm »

And Sorry i forgot this in the last post, I wasn't trying to hack his FTP server for files!  I was just seeing if he kept the GR d/l (you know...The GAMERANGER application) in there!!! That's all!!! I was just a little curious.  Man...
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2001, 02:32:22 pm »

I'd ask  why but I don't really care.  People get paranoid over hackers when they run servers like GR.  Imagine you have 10 000 people visiting your computer every day....you're gonna get paranoid if one or two of them try to log into and unusual part of the server.

< insert clever and original signature here >
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2001, 02:55:43 pm »

i have heard of a pretty simple way to get around the hardware ban, leaving u only to get a new ip and thus completely get around the ban... install os x... when u try to log in under os x, gr recognizes u as a completely unique comp... the only prob with this is that u would have to play under os x, which would be a bitch since very few games are os x native

also, peekay, quit bitching... u did something really stupid (dont even try to argue otherwise) and now u must face to consequences

vapor, u obviously did something to merit a permaban before... maybe u should be thankful u have been able to get on for as long as u have rather than bitching about finally gettin caught

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
?{RiP}? Vapor

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2001, 04:14:55 pm »

Ace-- It was my brothers account that was permabanned that I didn't know. So don't make me look like I did something wrong in the first place because I never did anything wrong in the first place. And Ace how could I have been getting on GR for so long even though another account I had was banned, because he would see the ip address recognize that it was a permabanned ip and not let me on the other account. So don't make me look like I did something wrong.

Henry V
William Shakespeare
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2001, 04:50:10 pm »

vapor, im tired of hearing ur vast evill conspiracy theories... u must have done something wrong.. in fact, i was just on gr watching loud try to get ur bans off... evill replied that he knew of the reasons for the ban and he would not reconsider

Stadanko
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2001, 05:35:56 pm »

haha you're an idiot, no offense. I mean, if you didn't have a lobotomy at age 5, you would think about ASKING someone. ahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahhahaha.

Anyway, you could try replacing your ethernet card, if you have another one. that might help out

heh, in the mean time, hope you have a good one

lmao
?{RiP}? Vapor

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2001, 05:53:07 pm »

Ace-- Well, good for Evill he has a reason but you want to know what the reason is... it's because I went on an account that was permabanned. So now the same reason that the other account is banned now goes for me because I used that account.

Henry V
William Shakespeare
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2001, 07:33:18 pm »

vapor, are u mentally retarded... u had an account that was permabanned, u tried to log onto that account, and now ur bitchin bout the permaban that u had somehow avoided before... either give me a good explanation as to why that other account was banned or stfu

?{RiP}? Vapor

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2001, 07:43:30 pm »

Ace--I believe my brother got that account banned for telling Evill off but he did it on my comp so I emailed Evill about that and told him that it was my bro so he let me use another account. Do you have to be an ass about everything? Sometimes you act like Evill in disguise because all you ever do is defend him like you are him or like you are his brother.

Henry V
William Shakespeare
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2001, 09:13:53 pm »

well vapor, now i got the whole story... if thats the case, u should just email evill and he will probably reinstate ur account

im not defending evill as much as i am pointin out blatant stupidity... people come on here whinin bout permabans when most likely they did something really dumb to deserve them... for example, in peekay's case, evill told me today that peekay was lying about what he did... peekay probably tried to access a protected part of the site, thats my guess at least

Precious_Roy
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2001, 12:12:01 am »

Well, truth is, I don't really care what happens with either account.  Evill's a jackass, but we all know it, so we have to be sure not to do anything stupid.

i think what's important here is that another [Janitor] is gone.

Vapor and toxic permabanned.
Slickk went to TacOps
Panda dissappeared, so did raptor007.

I guess its just me, douf, jesse, and loudnotes. Sad
Banders answering machine
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2001, 04:49:24 am »

OMG!

Why cant people just behave a bit and think before they set an action.
I must say i feel sorry for Vap and also Peek. They are cool guys and its a pity.

BUT: If i would be Evill i would be stuffed to the roof by all those "it was my brother" stories.
Believe me: I am on GR since one and a half year and never got any troubles with evill. sometimes i have a cool chat with him and basically just for making GR he has all my sympathies.

Its like this: Come to my flat and be welcomed. Fukc around there and u ll find urself in front of the "locked" front door. Wink - No seal, six, *damn, pod i know got troubles with evill so far. except some newer "half-vets" as it seems.

Hacking, Datastealing and Stuff is really SHIT and must be reacted like this. So Vap - shall Mauti post u on "inactive members" now? We need an active Taskforce. But maybe our permabanned ex-clanners can form a new clan: *BANE (lol.

cyaa soon
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads