*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:22:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Possible Corrupt Admin in the General Gossip?  (Read 8685 times)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« on: August 17, 2004, 07:00:57 pm »

I've simply had enough of this bullshit from whoever keeps locking the Rogue Spear Petition thread. The thread is for a good fucking cause, and it is quite obvious that you are against the idea of having Rogue Spear ported to OSX, but you don't have the balls to go up against the entire community.

Yesterday, Spike and I posted our frustration that the thread was being locked (when it was AGAIN, unlocked by voodoo), but this corrupt admin then decided to delete our complaints, go against the guidelines of the administration and moderation policies, and yet again, lock the rogue spear petition thread.

Therefore, I have decided to try to narrow it down to the possibilities:

The only people with moderator's access to the General Gossip are:
Ace, Brain, Assassin, VooDoo, Mauti,

Ace
Brain
Assassin
Voodoo
Mauti

I crossed out VooDoo and Brain because these have been the two supporting mods of this thread. Brain was the one that originally made it a sticky, and VooDoo has been unlocking it every day.

Ace
Assassin
Mauti

I crossed out Ace because he is very inactive. And havn't been on either GameRanger or the forum (from what anyone has seen) in quite a while. Also, after speaking with Cringe, he said that Ace would most likely be very supportive of the petition.

Assassin
Mauti

I crossed out Mauti because from what I have heard from a couple different battle league admins is that Mauti always gives reasons for locking threads. Secondly, Mauti went on vacation.

Assassin
VooDoo has been defending Assassin, saying that he replied in an admin-only thread, saying that he wasn't the one locking it.

But my question is... why would someone with a PC want rogue spear for OSX?

My next question is... why would someone with a PC fight rogue spear for OSX?

So you see my dilemma.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Therefore, I call out to the General Gossip Posters, and ask anyone to share what they know so that we can determine which admin is either fucking with our heads just for fun, or abusing their power.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message has been copy/pasted, and will be posted again if deleted by that same admin.
A screenshot will also be taken.

----------------------

It has also been posted in the Admin Criticism forum.

Angry
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 07:37:02 pm by -MP5-SNiPE-a2- » Logged

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 07:13:14 pm »

umm... Elandrion and Infection don't have full administrator access for the *DAMN forums. you can delete em from your list. Smiley

hmm... looks like it's Assassin, doesn't it?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 07:15:42 pm by z][t-Civic? » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 07:14:33 pm »

Imagine that, a corrupt admin abusing his "power"

And why the .... is it so hard to convert this game to osx anyways, youd think one of us could somehow do it...maybe someone like Xoclipse, I dunno...but the RS mod for RvS is pretty tight.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 07:18:18 pm »

Civic, I was under the impression he could do everything that Mauti could do.

And as for Infection, he took over the Battle League at some point when Mauti went away. All he has to do is log in again using whatever username and password he used while Mauti was away (according to Typhy). However, Infect was the last person I was thinking of to do this, as he's never around anymore these days, anyway.

Elandrion... do you have admin access? Can you lock threads in the General Gossip?

Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 07:18:59 pm »

You should also post this in the: Feedback box about admins, moderators,... under the *DAMN R6 Staff Heading.  Mauti made that section for complaints like this one.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 07:23:15 pm »

Ok, good idea. But I wanted it to get noticed. I'll post it there also.

*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 07:30:49 pm »

nice deduction, but i don't have admin access here. i don't even have moderator powers in the general gossip forum. you can see a list of the moderators of each forum on the forums index page.

secondly, i have been on vacation from Friday until today.

Elan

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
Civrock

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 07:30:49 pm »

Civic, I was under the impression he could do everything that Mauti could do.

And as for Infection, he took over the Battle League at some point when Mauti went away. All he has to do is log in again using whatever username and password he used while Mauti was away (according to Typhy). However, Infect was the last person I was thinking of to do this, as he's never around anymore these days, anyway.

Elandrion... do you have admin access? Can you lock threads in the General Gossip?

simply check their forum accounts and their statuses there... neither of em has full administrator access for the forums. Mauti is the only one. Smiley

that with Infection taking over the BL (cuz of Mauti being away) is long ago and was before the new BL scripts and logins... Elandrion has full admin powers there, though, as you can see in the Battle League Staff section on the BL site -> "Uberadmins". Wink don't pay attention for the BattleLeague Admin list there... it's not up to date.

EDIT: LOL, Elandrion... we posted at the exact same time.
Shocked
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 07:33:46 pm by z][t-Civic? » Logged

Psyks

An apple a day keeps a pc away

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 07:32:37 pm »

Why would assassin do it?  If he wanted to play rs he could just go on his pc.  I say its voodoo he is a double agent.  Unlock then lock unlock and lock so he looks like the good guy.

-Ps?ks
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 07:36:50 pm »

Let's put some things in perspective here. Ace, Brain, Assassin, Voodoo, and Mauti all have the power to do something like this. So let's think back and to which ones played Rogue Spear, and supported it the most. That takes out about 4-5 people including Voodoo. I

Now another issue is at hand, the main thread that keeps getting locked and deleted is to port Rogue Spear to "OSX." I'm Sure 90% percent of the admins have OSX, but I'm almost sure one or two of them don't. So why would they want Rogue Spear ported to OSX when it doesn't concern them?! Heres you're answer he is pissed of from not having a good computer, and no OSX. If everybody around you is got all this new stuff, and you are stuck in the past you would become bitter and jealous.

What this person is also doing is making all this work for the other admins that is not needed. Voodoo is trying as hard as he can to get to the bottom of this, but this coward won't come clean. Let me tell you now there isn't some fucking ghost logging into *DAMN and deleting and locking things that have to do with porting Rogue Spear. I have a good idea who i think it is, but i am going to wait to point the finger until i have more solid evidence. All i can say now is this "corrupt admin" should of came clean at first now he's got one foot in the grave, and the other is on a banana peal.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 07:39:18 pm by Maniac » Logged

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 07:39:55 pm »

lol, sorry maniac, but that argument has some holes.

If someone has OS9, and is stuck playing Rogue Spear, don't you think that they would be full supportive of an OSX version so that they would have more people to play with?

Hum...

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2004, 07:44:07 pm »

Myst is on the Case.  Cool

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2004, 07:51:10 pm »

Why would assassin do it?  If he wanted to play rs he could just go on his pc.  I say its voodoo he is a double agent.  Unlock then lock unlock and lock so he looks like the good guy.

Psyks Voodoo isn't what i like to call a dumbass. I'm sure he wouldn't find it funny to lock and unlock a bunch of shit to just look like to the good guy, whats in it for him? He is a Rogue Spear fan, and has told me himself he can't stand the BS. So my question to you is why would he?

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 08:09:38 pm »

Ok Assassin, I see your name in the group of people currently browsing the forum.

Lets hear your input.

PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2004, 08:15:01 pm »

I haven't read any thread lately, much less lock any thread. I have nothing against you guys trying to get RS ported for OSX, and I hope you guys can get it done. Just have Mauti check the logs of who was doing what, because from what I can tell from reading this thread, the other thread has been locked numerous times - something I wouldn't have the time and/or effort to do since I am now working 40+ hours a week.

I will admit I was the one who un-stickied it when I saw that it had not received a post within three days, but since there seems to be an interest in it again, so I will re-sticky it. As for anyone assuming that I was the one doing the locking - fuck you. Being an admin on these forums for this long and being associated with the community for as long as I have, you would think that I would have earned a degree of trust by now...but apparently I haven't.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2004, 08:17:08 pm »

Don't start arguing who's right now..
All we know that an "corrupt admin" is doing this.
IF we don't have a ghost locker...
I can't say who it is. But the guy that is doing it have to tell WHY soon. Or otherwise every moderator/admin, will get a little nice ticking letter home.

davmann

I love you soup. :D

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2004, 08:20:04 pm »

Assassin
VooDoo has been defending Assassin, saying that he replied in an admin-only thread, saying that he wasn't the one locking it.

Just saying you're not the one doesn't make you innocent. Would anyone here actually say it out loud to the RS community if you did a thing like this? C'mon...

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/rogue-spear-open-source
Help us make Rogue Spear open source!

"En del har undrat varf?r jag st?ndigt tar av mig glas?gonen. Det ?r f?r att slippa se er..."
-G?ran Persson
Civrock

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2004, 08:28:07 pm »

Just have Mauti check the logs of who was doing what, because from what I can tell from reading this thread, ...

something like that, a log for all actions of moderators etc, doesn't exist, unfortunately.

Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2004, 08:52:35 pm »

Just have Mauti check the logs of who was doing what, because from what I can tell from reading this thread, ...

something like that, a log for all actions of moderators etc, doesn't exist, unfortunately.
Really?!  Are you sure?  Why wouldn't there be?

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2004, 08:52:51 pm »

As for anyone assuming that I was the one doing the locking - fuck you. Being an admin on these forums for this long and being associated with the community for as long as I have, you would think that I would have earned a degree of trust by now...but apparently I haven't.

I certainly believe that you've earned a degree of trust.

The problem is, EVERY admin has earned a degree of trust by now.

I mean come on: You, Ace, Brain, Voodoo, Mauti...

There's not one person in that list that I could understand having a reason for doing this.

So please, just try to put up with our inquiries for now until we figure out what's going on.

---------------

Oh, and thanks for making it a sticky again.

***Snipe humps Sin's leg.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 08:54:07 pm by -MP5-SNiPE-a2- » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads