*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:39:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN
| | |-+  Suggestions, opinions, criticisms,.. (Moderators: *DAMN Mauti, jn.loudnotes, BFG, Civrock)
| | | |-+  Moderators criticizing Moderators?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Moderators criticizing Moderators?  (Read 3205 times)
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« on: June 07, 2004, 08:23:23 am »

Ok, I am still seeing what was one of the reason why I left. This is the area to criticize then Im criticizing. Mauti, I dont want to tell you what to do, nor who did what, but you need to make it very clear to your moderators (general gossip to be exact) not to criticize other moderators in public. </vent>

thx
voods

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 01:21:21 pm »

Why the heck are  suddenly the threats of forum warnings being thrown about if a thread goes of topic?.... can someone find one thread that has stayed on topic throught the posts?  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 01:28:00 am by :MoD: BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 07:33:58 pm »

Ok, Sin, now you've gone and done it. That's outright censorship in the middle of the GG for everyone to see.

You deleted a legitimate thread, one that you actually requested. You deleted it because you didn't agree with it's contents. That's reprehensible and completely disgusting. You soil the memory of the man you claim to honor. Pissing on freedom of speech is more disrespectful to the memory Reagan than anything I could possibly have said. You disgust me.

I hereby issue a call for your immediate resignation from the position of General Gossip Moderator on the grounds that you are incapable of carrying out your duties.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
jn.loudnotes
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 04:50:53 pm »

It's depressing to see that there's still so much bickering and infighting on this forum in all sections.  Look, if you disagree with someone on a moderation issue, or over a political issue, or anything at ALL, there's no reason to get quite so worked up about.  Principles, emotions, etc, etc...try to keep the perspective that this is an anonymous online message board.

Alaric...if you have a legitimate complaint (and I have no idea what's been going on in GG lately), address that strong a statement directly to Sin, perhaps in a PM?  Since he hasn't posted in this thread, I would wonder if he's even seen your message.  At least if you're going to call for a resignation, do so in a new thread.  That's not what this one was about.

So back to the point of this thread - should moderators criticize each other?  I think it's fair that we all will disagree, but that sort of thing is usually resolved in the admin zone.  It's up to Mauti if he wants to reprimand people, but ultimately, a moderator is no different from other forum users.  Everyone needs to respect each other enough to avoid pointless flames.  Legitimate criticism, however, sometimes deserves a public forum.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 03:39:18 pm by jn.loudnotes » Logged

< insert clever and original signature here >
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 06:25:20 pm »

Alaric, I really dont know what your talking about really, maybe you saw something no one else did. I always thought Sin has done a good job as moderator as he isnt in a mac clan. In a sort he is now an outsider. Wink

I was referring to an edit that I saw(no names) that another moderator edited another moderators post and told that moderator things he should not have in public. If a moderator needs to tell another moderator he/she isnt doing something that the other doesnt agree to, they need to keep it to the Admin Zone. And not in the public eye.

Thats all I was saying. A little common courtesy is all anyone asks for.

voods

Adult Gamers Alliance
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 06:28:08 pm »

i'd just like to state that the purpose of the GG is not the same as the BL.  because we do not have to decide policy for an entire league it is not as critical for the GG admins to be in agreement in public 100% of the time

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 07:00:16 pm »

Alaric, I really dont know what your talking about really, maybe you saw something no one else did

Voods i think you didn't see it because it was deleted - hence why Alaric wasn't too happy. Rather than the thread being moved to the spam box, or it being locked with an explanation or otherwise - it was simply deleted.

alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 11:53:51 pm »

Alaric, I really dont know what your talking about really, maybe you saw something no one else did

Voods i think you didn't see it because it was deleted - hence why Alaric wasn't too happy. Rather than the thread being moved to the spam box, or it being locked with an explanation or otherwise - it was simply deleted.

Exactly. And the only reason I haven't made a huge stink about it is because you fascists aren't worth saving.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2004, 09:26:11 pm »

Exactly. And the only reason I haven't made a huge stink about it is because you fascists aren't worth saving.

Again, not sure really what your talking about, and not really sure who its aimed at.....so anyways...

My point was if you feel that you need to edit another moderators post, do it in private. Dont "Dis" another moderator in public. Thx for listening.

voods.

Adult Gamers Alliance
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2004, 11:49:37 am »

Ahh i think we're talking about two completly differrent issues here, hence perhaps the confusion! Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads