*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:15:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: new mod designs, cutting mac users out  (Read 865 times)
MovingUnit:SOG

Special Operations Group

« on: February 27, 2004, 08:10:16 pm »

There has been, and will be more, mods coming out that are soley designed for PC use only [ Canadian Operative , Dynacomp , etc ].  The way they are designing and programming these new "great" mods is cutting the macintosh community out of the equation.

Canadian Operations is set up so it no longer looks like GhR really and has its own "setup wizard", making it impossible for the mac community to convert it.

Dynacomp's reasoning behind it is that they can keep people from stealing and using their work in other mods without permission from the person who made it.  They have taken control by writing installers with executables (PC format ONLY), to delete any files that are illegal on your system.  If you want to play their mod, than you must accept that the executable will delete all illegal content.  

By doing this they are cutting us quickly out of community.  They don't seem to care to much about the macintosh Ghost Recon Community.

Yes i understand that they do these mods for free, and I appreciate the modders that keep us apple folks in mind when making these wonderful peices of work.

I just am not happy how they have cut us out without even thinking of a solution for us. Tongue

I feel we need to let these people know that they are cutting more people than they think by making these incompatable mods.  If you care at all, please goto the GhostRecon.net forums in the General Modding Topics (http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?s=429b8927e9fbcb523b4b768b7c8beef9&act=SF&f=11) and post your opinions on the matter.

The more people that start voicing there opinion the more possibilities arise for us to play the new great mods that keep this game alive.

Thanks for listening
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 09:08:21 pm by MovingUnit:SOG » Logged

-MU [aka trox]
SOG Teamleader - Alpha Unit Leader
http://trox.junglescene.com
--------"We aren't here to start a war."--------
MM265
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 05:29:57 pm »

Could i have a link to their site im a pc user which i kinda regret i hate not having access to gameranger and the mac commuinity which is of course the best and always will be espically this site...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads